+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comparative Education Assessment (CES)

syedjzaidi

Nov 11, 2014
Hello All,

I am seeking a help in assessment of my degrees from CES. I have below sent two packs to CES and got confirmation of receiving with basket number from CES on 26th Nov 2014. At the same time they have deducted Assessment Fee as well.

1. Application Form pack with credit card details
2. attested copies of Engineering degree & Transcript from HEC. Sealed envelope by HEC.

These two packs were sent together on 20th Nov 2014. Today i got an email that we didn't receive your degrees & Transcript. One pack they received and charged from my credit card on 25th Nov 2014 and the other pack is not received!!! strange!! :(. Do i need to send again 2nd pack to CES or will it be resolved by follow up (call/email) channels, Please help if anyone has faced such issue earlier.

Thanks in Advance.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to confirm from your courier, if both of your packs reached CES. Ask them the date/time. Note it down.

When you have that info, you will need to call CES, and make them find your other pack.

In my case, I had to push them on the phone to check up on my pack. Sometimes the addresses get mixed up. There are two addresses mentioned. One is for the Research center. The other is for the main CES center. My docs ended up at the Research center address. They had to collect/get it from there. They didn't get it on their own untill I called them a month after I had sent my docs.

Believe it or not, it requires "personal supervision" to get things done. This is "how" "it is" with human beings.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the lady on the phone, CES guys were supposed to have holidays between 19th December 2014 to 05 January 2015. I called them 2 nights ago and they still aren't picking up phone calls. I'v been redirected to answering machine for the past 2 weeks.

I need to find out if the docs I sent them are "complete" as per their requirements.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I don't intend to discourage you. But, I faced similar problem with CES, they are totally irresponsible and their customer service sucks. They would never answer the phones and if ever they replied to my emails, it would be generic respnses, mostly directing me to their website for 'more info'. I finally applied through WES and got the assessment done.
hariskhan said:
According to the lady on the phone, CES guys were supposed to have holidays between 19th December 2014 to 05 January 2015. I called them 2 nights ago and they still aren't picking up phone calls. I'v been redirected to answering machine for the past 2 weeks.

I need to find out if the docs I sent them are "complete" as per their requirements.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erable_rouge said:
I don't intend to discourage you. But, I faced similar problem with CES, they are totally irresponsible and their customer service sucks. They would never answer the phones and if ever they replied to my emails, it would be generic respnses, mostly directing me to their website for 'more info'. I finally applied through WES and got the assessment done.
The other two non-medical related ECA authorities won't accept my docs. WES doesn't have my "private sector" university in their list of accepted universities from Pakistan. ICAS has rigid management policies, which take issue with my tenure being in between the time my university was "chartered". Even though HEC has stamped my credentials as valid/chartered in Sept 2014. I am stuck with the only option I have left (i.e., CES). WES, ICAS readily accept public sector universities from Pakistan, and rack up hurdles for those from private sector universities.

The wait from CES was 15 weeks at average in 2014. They'v updated it to 17 weeks for 2015. I called CES just now. The lady on the phone from CES said it'd be 18 weeks for me, starting from 14-Dec-2014. This is ridiculous waste of time.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
skhashmi said:
Due to some reason I apply to both WES and CES for assessment

CES assess my 16 years bachelors + 2 years master degree as Canadian 2 Years Masters
WES assess my 16 years bachelors + 2 years master degree as Canadian 16 Years Bachelors

this is very disturbing to see above difference,

WES assessment received earlier, so I sent WES assessment report to CIC,
Should I send my CES report also now? BTW it will increase max two points and I already have required points thats why I sent CIC application with WES already
Hi skhashmi,

Could you please share that which degree you got evaluated by CES and from which country these degrees were issued which is 16+2= 18 years of education . I think that it is MPhil degree?

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
any updates from ces. my sister applied for evaluation since nov 5th 2014. since then no updates from them.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
hariskhan said:
You need to confirm from your courier, if both of your packs reached CES. Ask them the date/time. Note it down.

When you have that info, you will need to call CES, and make them find your other pack.

In my case, I had to push them on the phone to check up on my pack. Sometimes the addresses get mixed up. There are two addresses mentioned. One is for the Research center. The other is for the main CES center. My docs ended up at the Research center address. They had to collect/get it from there. They didn't get it on their own untill I called them a month after I had sent my docs.

Believe it or not, it requires "personal supervision" to get things done. This is "how" "it is" with human beings.
I agree. Need to chase everything!

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CES this past Friday. Asked for which date apps/docs are being processed. Lady on the phone said CES is processing Oct 2014 apps/docs at present.

She also said, Nov 17th was the last date of apps/docs they received for 2014. These CES will process in 15 weeks, as the time mentioned in 2014.

All apps/docs received after that will be reviewed/processed in 18 weeks, as is the processing time in 2015.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(1) My docs reached CES on 14-Nov-2014
(2) They charged CC on 10-Dec-2014

Processing time for my apps/docs should have been 15 weeks .. at most.

They forgot they received my apps/docs, untill I reminded them via phone nearly 4 weeks later. They charged CC for my case in Dec-2014. She said, it is probable, I will get processing time for 2015 (i.e., 18 weeks). Having said that, she told me to call on coming Monday to confirm.

Java P

Feb 19, 2015
My documents arrived at CES before October 27 ( including the ones sent by the University )
I have got the confirmation email and i was charged on Nov 7th.

My email messages to them were ignored. Phone calls only answered by an answering machine and i haven't got a call back or even an email.

To this day there is no indication that my application will be processed anytime in the foreseeable future before my other documents lose their validity or my prospective employer loses his patience. But they charged my card in the first day. And this is an UNIVERSITY, supposedly a beacon of professionalism ! I wonder what should i expect from a company or a commercial or governmental entity, then ?

I am beginning to wonder if Canada is a good option after all.

hariskhan said:
(1) My docs reached CES on 14-Nov-2014
(2) They charged CC on 10-Dec-2014

Processing time for my apps/docs should have been 15 weeks .. at most.

They forgot they received my apps/docs, untill I reminded them via phone nearly 4 weeks later. They charged CC for my case in Dec-2014. She said, it is probable, I will get processing time for 2015 (i.e., 18 weeks). Having said that, she told me to call on coming Monday to confirm.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe your luck is about to wake up.

Last time I called them, was one week ago. Lady on the phone said, they were processing docs received in October 2014. I believe they are in mid-October at present. They probably haven't reached your docs yet. Also, people who applied in August/September 2014 received their ECA reports in Dec-2014 and January 2015 respectively.

There is hope. They just take too much time. They just make us wait too long.

A good idea would be to call them, ask them what date apps/docs are being processed at present.

P.S. Lady on the phone said, the last docs they considered received in 2014 were on 17-Nov-2014. All docs received or charged after that were going to be processed with rules for 2015 (meaning 18 weeks processing time). She said my ECA report would come somewhere around April 2015.

sohnayshah

Mar 31, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
18-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Passport Req..
06-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-07-2016
hariskhan said:
I believe your luck is about to wake up.

Last time I called them, was one week ago. Lady on the phone said, they were processing docs received in October 2014. I believe they are in mid-October at present. They probably haven't reached your docs yet. Also, people who applied in August/September 2014 received their ECA reports in Dec-2014 and January 2015 respectively.

There is hope. They just take too much time. They just make us wait too long.

A good idea would be to call them, ask them what date apps/docs are being processed at present.

P.S. Lady on the phone said, the last docs they considered received in 2014 were on 17-Nov-2014. All docs received or charged after that were going to be processed with rules for 2015 (meaning 18 weeks processing time). She said my ECA report would come somewhere around April 2015.
Haris Khan Sb, I am much disturbed as my docs were reached on 21st Oct, 2014, DD charged 23 Oct, 2014 & got e mail stated your docs are now in cue for processing. As of today, almost 18 week passed but, no reply yet from CES. I send e mails but, not reply too. I called them but, automated answer machine recording is active on their number. Please advise me or give me number where could I talk to them.

Regards