+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

common law- proof of cohabitation request

barkozavrus

Feb 12, 2019
Hi everybody, I received the request from icrr and idk is it because i am extremely stressed or what i'm having difficulty understanding what they want.

" Proof of Cohabitation: You did not provide sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Please provide additional evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner has been continuously cohabiting with their sponsor in Canada since the receipt of the application (2019/03/20)"

I sent my application in 2019-03-20 and we became common law in 2019-03-05 so do they want the proof for the past 1 year or a proof that shows i still live here since i sent my application?

Thank you

Simran1997

Jun 4, 2019
Hi everybody, I received the request from icrr and idk is it because i am extremely stressed or what i'm having difficulty understanding what they want.

" Proof of Cohabitation: You did not provide sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Please provide additional evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner has been continuously cohabiting with their sponsor in Canada since the receipt of the application (2019/03/20)"

I sent my application in 2019-03-20 and we became common law in 2019-03-05 so do they want the proof for the past 1 year or a proof that shows i still live here since i sent my application?

Thank you
Yes, They need evidence that you and your spouse were living together since u sent your application. Provide them as more as proofs you can.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you
Yes - as the letter says, they want proof from the time your application was received on 2019-03-20.

barkozavrus

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks everybody, i really appreciate it. I always saw cases where they ask proofs for the year that couples say they lived together. Never saw anything like this. I will provide proof for the last 4months and i had some problems w my landlord so couldnt send my lease when i sent my application i have it now and will provide it. Fingers crossed

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks everybody, i really appreciate it. I always saw cases where they ask proofs for the year that couples say they lived together. Never saw anything like this. I will provide proof for the last 4months and i had some problems w my landlord so couldnt send my lease when i sent my application i have it now and will provide it. Fingers crossed
Becasue you submitted an inland sponsorship. And one of the requirement is that you lived in Canada together while the application is being processed.
They want proof of that requirement. It's not the first time they asked for this proof.

Last edited: