Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2014
Hello everyone!

I sent my application inland as common-law back in July this year and just anxiously waiting... waiting... waiting...
Here is my situation

- started to live together with my partner from June.2012
- sent my application on July.2013
- kids: didn't happen yet...

I was wondering... Am i going to receive 2yr. temporary PR? (because i am not sure if the relationship should be more than 2yr long from the date of application or date of final decision...)

If so, how is it going to work after that? Are they going to request an interview, proof of relationship and stuff again to issue permanent PR? Does anyone know?

Happy holidays and good luck to every applicators~

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
psyyyn said:
I was wondering... Am i going to receive 2yr. temporary PR? (because i am not sure if the relationship should be more than 2yr long from the date of application or date of final decision...)

If so, how is it going to work after that? Are they going to request an interview, proof of relationship and stuff again to issue permanent PR? Does anyone know?
It's based on when your application is received, so yes you would get conditional PR.

There will most likely not be any interviews or further proofs needed. Just make sure you live with your spouse from the date you mailed the application, and then for at least the first 2 years after you get conditional PR. As long as there is no report from sponsor to CIC that the relationship has ended, then most likely you will simply get regular PR after the 2 years time.

For your current Inland application, if you submitted July 2013, then you should expect 1st stage approval (AIP) in around June 2014.

psyyyn

Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2014
Thanks for your reply Rob_TO
I see that you applied from south korea, and it only took a few month?!
Wow... i should have applied as outland... i am also from south korea and counting days to get my PR so i can visit my family there.
Now inland waiting time is like +half a year, it is getting kinda painful...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
psyyyn said:
Thanks for your reply Rob_TO
I see that you applied from south korea, and it only took a few month?!
Wow... i should have applied as outland... i am also from south korea and counting days to get my PR so i can visit my family there.
Now inland waiting time is like +half a year, it is getting kinda painful...
Yes, back then outland applications were processed through Seoul visa office.
These days they go through Manila. Although it is still usually MUCH quicker through Manila, vs waiting for inland process. In almost all cases, it's better for visa-exempt applicants to apply outland even if they are currently residing in Canada.