+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law application - change of address?

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hello everyone!

My partner and I are applying common-law via the London VO, and I've so far been approved as a sponsor (as of mid January). Our contract on our rented flat is due to expire in early March, and we'll be moving in to his family home to await the final decision of his PR application.

With this in mind, I thought that I would send a case specific enquiry to CIC London with the details of our new address for any future correspondence by mail. But given that we're applying common-law, do we have to provide yet more evidence that we'll be living together at this new address? As we're moving into his family home, neither he nor I will be living there in any official capacity as it is simply a stop-gap to enable us to not have to make any fixed commitments in the UK. Is it necessary to include even more proof or can we simply send them a quick email with our details informing them that we're moving?

I don't know if I'm over-thinking this - the immigration process constantly has me second-guessing my actions and I'm not sure whether I'm making a simple change of address too complicated!

Any help you lovely people can give would be fantastic!