+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombia Police Certificate Request Followed By AOR - Confused on next steps

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hi all!
I'm the PA of an Inland Common-Law Sponsorship Application. I Applied on February 12th. Yesterday I received an email from IRCC Mississauga Office that I need to provide my Police Certificate from Colombia. With my application, I submitted the email confirmation that they state on the IRCC page for the Colombian Police Certificate is needed to process my application. They even explicitly say I won't be receiving any copy of my Police Certificate and all I need to provide is this email confirmation, which I did.
I have contacted the company I did this process with and the Canadian Embassy in Bogota to figure out where the discrepancy lies.
Now, today my partner received an email stating "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada" with her UCI and Application Number. I believe this is AOR.

So now I'm confused. I thought you only received AOR if your application is complete and don't need any other documents.
I have also linked this application to my GCKey account and it says they need additional documents but when I click the upload documents link, it says there are no documents I need to upload.

So I guess all of this for my question to be: Is my application complete? Should I raise a webform with a Letter of Explanation stating that I cannot provide the documents because the copy is supposed to be submitted by the Bogota Office? I am confusion.

If anyone has any experience with this, I would greatly appreciate any input!
Thanks in advance!!!

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
They don't reject an application because of lack of Police Certificates. Usually if that is the only thing "wrong", they will go ahead with the application and send you an email requesting the Police Certificate.

I do not know how is the process with the Colombian Police Certificate so I can't help you there. I just wanted to clarify that, it DOESN'T mean you can ignore the request for a police certificate.

I'd raise a webform and get it sorted out. If I'm not wrong you have 60 days to send them that certificate so, you have time.

Good luck

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
They don't reject an application because of lack of Police Certificates. Usually if that is the only thing "wrong", they will go ahead with the application and send you an email requesting the Police Certificate.

I do not know how is the process with the Colombian Police Certificate so I can't help you there. I just wanted to clarify that, it DOESN'T mean you can ignore the request for a police certificate.

I'd raise a webform and get it sorted out. If I'm not wrong you have 60 days to send them that certificate so, you have time.

Good luck
Hey! Thanks a lot.
Yeah I have raised a webform with the Colombian Embassy to see if they have sent or linked my PCC to my application, since I won't be getting the certificate itself, they have to send it to Mississauga. Hopefully that gives me an answer and then I can raise a webform to the Mississauga office with the proof and explanation.
I got confused thinking AOR meant Everything was back to normal but you're right, it's better to not assume that and send all the proof I can that my Police Certificate is on its way.

Thanks again!

Enovvi816

Feb 27, 2024
Hola, es un poco confuso pero en realidad aunque dice quee Colombia debe proporcionar el PCC tu lo debes solicitar en uña compañía privada. Te recomiendo “omnitpus”

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hola, es un poco confuso pero en realidad aunque dice quee Colombia debe proporcionar el PCC tu lo debes solicitar en uña compañía privada. Te recomiendo “omnitpus”
Hola!
Gracias por tu respuesta!
Si, yo ya hice la solicitud con G4S y me enviaron el correo de confirmación. Yo lo mandé a traducir y subí el correo y la traducción de esta confirmación como dicen en la página. Ya contacté a G4S y dijeron que ya enviaron el PCC a la embajada de Canadá en Bogotá. Creo que debo es hacer seguimiento ahora con la embajada y proporcionar ese soporte, pero bueno, esperar a ver

Diana89

Mar 27, 2024
Hola laroly_rola, recibiste la notificacion del Certificado de Polica cuanto tiempo se demoro, G4 security nos informo que envio el estudio de Seguridad a finales a medidos de Diciembre 2023, pero no nos hemos podido comunicar con la embaja de canada en bogota, yo he enviado correos y tambien llene un formulario pero no he tengo ninguna respuesta por parte de ellos, he leido algunos foros que traducen el correo de G4S in lo adjuntan en la aplicacion explicando que han tratado de hacerlo en su pais de origen pero ha sido imposible obtenerlo y vuelven y la envian.

Agradezco si tienes alguna razon de este proceso.

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hola laroly_rola, recibiste la notificacion del Certificado de Polica cuanto tiempo se demoro, G4 security nos informo que envio el estudio de Seguridad a finales a medidos de Diciembre 2023, pero no nos hemos podido comunicar con la embaja de canada en bogota, yo he enviado correos y tambien llene un formulario pero no he tengo ninguna respuesta por parte de ellos, he leido algunos foros que traducen el correo de G4S in lo adjuntan en la aplicacion explicando que han tratado de hacerlo en su pais de origen pero ha sido imposible obtenerlo y vuelven y la envian.

Agradezco si tienes alguna razon de este proceso.
Hola!
Si, el proceso como lo describen en la página del gobierno es enviar el comprobante (el email que te manda G4S u Omnitempus) con tu aplicación. Yo hice eso y aún así me enviaron una carta a las 2 semanas que no tenían mi certificado policial.
Tengo entendido que el proceso es:
1. Hacer el trámite con G4S/Omnitempus
2. Ellos lo envían a la embajada de Canadá en Bogotá en 8 días hábiles
3. La embajada lo envía a la oficina dónde estén tramitando tu caso en 1-4 semanas
El certificado como tal nunca lo vamos a obtener.
En mi caso, para responder a la carta que me envió el gobierno, les hice una carta explicando todo esto y los intentos fallidos que he tenido para contactar La embajada en Bogotá (porque no contestan un solo Webform y por teléfono no hace nada) y les envié pantallazo de la página del IRCC con las instrucciones y el correo de G4S traducido.
Por ahora, mi aplicación ha avanzado (me aprobaron a mi y a mi pareja nuestra “eligibility” y me notificaron que recibieron la carta.
Ahora me toca Esperar a ver si sí recibieron el certificado o si me lo vuelven a pedir.

Justme221

May 15, 2023
If this is how everybody is typing in their language then you wouldn’t have learnt anything in this forum.

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
If this is how everybody is typing in their language then you wouldn’t have learnt anything in this forum.
This is such a specific document for, usually, Colombians (who speak Spanish) so it’s easier for us to communicate in our language. If you really wanna know what we say just ask us or translate it.

alejandra.s

Apr 11, 2024
hola!
Al subir el correo de confirmación te pidió número de documento y de expedición y expiración ?
Que pusiste en esos campos ?
Gracias !

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
hola!
Al subir el correo de confirmación te pidió número de documento y de expedición y expiración ?
Que pusiste en esos campos ?
Gracias !

Hola!
No, no entiendo, dónde te pidieron eso?
Yo simplemente traduje el correo electrónico que me envió G4S y lo envié en un pdf con una carta de explicación via webform.

Diana89

Mar 27, 2024
alejandra.s A mi tambien me pidio esas fechas cuando subi los email traducidos en ingles que me envio G4Security yo coloque desde diciembre que me enviaron el documento hasta el 15 de abril haber si me contestan rapido, yo lo subi la semana pasada pero ayer me respondieron del IRCC de los Enquiry que habia enviado y me dicen que no que ellos aun no ha recibido el documento, de verdad es demasiado frustante yo llevo 4 meses y el documento no aparece.

pipe3009

Apr 24, 2024
Hey there everyone same happened to me, I am still waiting for the police certificate step to get the office who is processing my application, I applied through G4s and they said the document was sent 8 bussines days after receiving the Payment to embassy located in Bogota, but the embassy stills does not send anything, I have been waiting almost for 5 months.
I have reached out to the embassy by email several times and they don’t answer at all.
At this point not sure what to do, the certain thing on this matter is that this process is taking forever!!!
if someone is dealing with same problem and has a better idea than me please feel free to reply here maybe we can figure out something

QUOTE="Diana89, post: 10805021, member: 1195888"]
alejandra.s A mi tambien me pidio esas fechas cuando subi los email traducidos en ingles que me envio G4Security yo coloque desde diciembre que me enviaron el documento hasta el 15 de abril haber si me contestan rapido, yo lo subi la semana pasada pero ayer me respondieron del IRCC de los Enquiry que habia enviado y me dicen que no que ellos aun no ha recibido el documento, de verdad es demasiado frustante yo llevo 4 meses y el documento no aparece.
[/QUOTE]

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello all,

I received nomination through Ontario non-express entry. I will apply through PR portal, and I must submit Colombian police certificates. I read the instructions in G4S and one of the requirements says:

Comunicación que recibió del gobierno Canadiense (IRCC) con la referencia de su aplicación (UCI – DOSSIER – DEMANDE) que le fue asignada.
I'm not sure if my Ontario Nomination Certificate counts. I believe I read somewhere that I have to get a letter from IRCC requesting my police certificates, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any ideas?