+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colleges in Montreal that offer DEC program that qualify for PR

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello! I am looking for programs in Montreal that qualify for PR. Could anyone suggest me any colleges? I have a bachelor's in French literature with 73%.

Thank you!

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello! I am looking for programs in Montreal that qualify for PR. Could anyone suggest me any colleges? I have a bachelor's in French literature with 73%.

Thank you!
Rules have been changed from 28th May 2020. Getting PR from Quebec is very tough now.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Isn't working after graduation in order to get PR same for every province?
There are many immigration programs available in different provinces if your ultimate goal is PR.

And if you select Quebec then :-
Processing time(CSQ) is now 6 months (early 20 days). So in total you have to wait 6 - 6.5 years minimum to get PR. (3 years of study + 2 years of experience + 6 months processing time(CSQ) + 6-12 months PR process).

You're not eligible for many PNPs if you've studied and worked in Quebec. You're eligible for express entry but it'll be very tough for you if your work experience is from Quebec.

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
No. You can get PR without Canadian work experience also.
I don't have enough experience in India. :/ I only have 1 year of work experience as a call center employee so I doubt that it will even count. I think going on a student visa would be my best bet? Should I go to Quebec? You mentioned getting PR their is hard but I really wanted to go there.

Thanks for replying to my questions.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I don't have enough experience in India. :/ I only have 1 year of work experience as a call center employee so I doubt that it will even count. I think going on a student visa would be my best bet? Should I go to Quebec? You mentioned getting PR their is hard but I really wanted to go there.

Thanks for replying to my questions.
Sorry for late reply.

I can't comment or suggest anything without knowing your full profile. I can confidently say that other provinces have good programs compared to Quebec now. As per my knowledge if new reform comes in action then it'll be very difficult to get permanent residency from Quebec.

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Sorry for late reply.

I can't comment or suggest anything without knowing your full profile. I can confidently say that other provinces have good programs compared to Quebec now. As per my knowledge if new reform comes in action then it'll be very difficult to get permanent residency from Quebec.
My full profile, as in what I studied? If yes, then I studied B.A(HONS) In French language with 73% and I have an overall IELTS BAND OF 7 and one year of work experience as a customer care executive. (I doubt this will count)