+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Collection of PR cards

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hi Guys,

I am planning to land in Toronto soon to show my first landing in Canada. My wife who is the main applicatiant is planning to stay back until the PR cards are reviewed where as I intend to come back in 20 days because of my job.

My question is that can she collect my PR card and travel back to Dubai without me?

-A

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

I am planning to land in Toronto soon to show my first landing in Canada. My wife who is the main applicatiant is planning to stay back until the PR cards are reviewed where as I intend to come back in 20 days because of my job.

My question is that can she collect my PR card and travel back to Dubai without me?

-A
Absolute, without any problem.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Thanks a lot! This really helps. I have checked with a friend in Toronto as well and he was like it's no problem if my wife takes the PR card on my behalf and gets it back to Dubai...

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Absolute, without any problem.
Hi Legalfalcon,

once i will do my first landing and complete all the formality and come back to home country( because of JOB). Can my friend in Canada receive my PR card on my behalf ( as i will give his address) and he can bring the card with him while visiting my home country ?

Plz help!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

once i will do my first landing and complete all the formality and come back to home country( because of JOB). Can my friend in Canada receive my PR card on my behalf ( as i will give his address) and he can bring the card with him while visiting my home country ?

Plz help!!
YEs. No problem with it. When you land, just give your friends number. It takes 2-3 months before he will get the card.

Reactions: Nik_shy

lagoon19

Apr 25, 2015
YEs. No problem with it. When you land, just give your friends number. It takes 2-3 months before he will get the card.
Hi all Legalfalcon,
Can you please help me with this too. I just got my CoPR and planing for the landing. Since these days the processing of the PR card is taking too long, so I wonder if it could be on time for my trip on September. So, my questions is:
+ Should I just land at the time on my way back from my home country at the border?(the expiry date is Jan/2018) Any thread from this and any extra documents needed to bring?
+ In case I am going to land at Niagara tomorrow. Can I leave and come back to Canada without the PR card? Any other documents is needed beside of the CoPR? Some peopple say can, some say cannot, it is really confusing.

One more question, when the time I am out of Canada, I am traveling to few more countries, is that ok when I come back to Canada?
Please share your idea if anyone know or experienced or have the same thoughts?
Thank you very much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all Legalfalcon,
Can you please help me with this too. I just got my CoPR and planing for the landing. Since these days the processing of the PR card is taking too long, so I wonder if it could be on time for my trip on September. So, my questions is:
+ Should I just land at the time on my way back from my home country at the border?(the expiry date is Jan/2018) Any thread from this and any extra documents needed to bring?
Once you have the CoPR you can land before the expiry of the visa or the expiry of your medicals (valid for 1 year from the date there were done), which ever is earlier.

+ In case I am going to land at Niagara tomorrow. Can I leave and come back to Canada without the PR card? Any other documents is needed beside of the CoPR? Some peopple say can, some say cannot, it is really confusing.
If you want to come back into Canada, you will need a PR card. However, if you do not have a PR card, you will have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document from your home country. <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp>

One more question, when the time I am out of Canada, I am traveling to few more countries, is that ok when I come back to Canada?
After you land or before you land, you can travel to any country, or countries, no issues at all.

Please share your idea if anyone know or experienced or have the same thoughts?
Thank you very much!

Reactions: lagoon19

kishorsankaran

Nov 16, 2016
Chennai, India
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
05-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
Hi I am Kishor. I had received my COPR and passport with visa stamped last week. But it is valid only upto Jan. I am skeptical if I may get a job before that. So my friend suggested that I just come to Toronto for 2-3 days next month and complete the formalities and go back to India. I can stay at his place for those days [visit Niagara of course :) ] and I will give their address as my address and I can get the PR card [which comes in 45 days] delivered it to his place.

My question is " Do we have to physically be present to get the PR card? Can it be couriered to friend's place and we get it from him once he lands India?" Kindly confirm so that I can plan my journey accordingly. Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Kishor Sankaran

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am Kishor. I had received my COPR and passport with visa stamped last week. But it is valid only upto Jan. I am skeptical if I may get a job before that. So my friend suggested that I just come to Toronto for 2-3 days next month and complete the formalities and go back to India. I can stay at his place for those days [visit Niagara of course :) ] and I will give their address as my address and I can get the PR card [which comes in 45 days] delivered it to his place.

My question is " Do we have to physically be present to get the PR card? Can it be couriered to friend's place and we get it from him once he lands India?" Kindly confirm so that I can plan my journey accordingly. Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Kishor Sankaran
Yes

3n4y

Mar 3, 2017
@ Legalfalcon, @picklee

Does the friends addy have to be in the same province i am registered in? Eg Can i land in Calgary and give an address in Toronto?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Legalfalcon, @picklee

Does the friends addy have to be in the same province i am registered in? Eg Can i land in Calgary and give an address in Toronto?
The address just needs to be in Canada.

@legalfalcon, until we gets PR card, is it legal to do job? If you know the thread where this topic was discussed, please share. Thanks
You can work without the PR card the day you land. My employer wanted a copy of the COPR and the new SIN.

Reactions: 3n4y