10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
How about Apprenticeship programs?

Excellent Post Captain !!!

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Thanks Qorax and special thanks to Explorer101 for the timely guidance over a lovely dinner.

I am having a great time learning and grooming myself at the St. Gabriels - COOP . I started my classes on 10th Aug and they have mentioned that they will give each participant 6 points of Canadian schooling - Good to boost your Resume :)

I would recommend everybody to join them as soon as you land , DONT WAIT to settle . Its indeed very helpful and its not only about job , its about your personality development n many more other aspects of workplace as per canadian standards....so dont take it lightly. I found my COOP classes very informative with would prepare me for the next step and for the rest of my life in Canada.
Cheers !!!!

Reactions: Onpoint

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
@deeaar,
nice to know that u r doing well there and joined CO-op ..keep giving us the updates..
Regards
Edmonta

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot captain for initiating and link us to this excellent opportunity and resources as a landed immigrant. Thanks Explorer as well for contributing in...

Just like to add.. if anybody living east side of Toronto (Midland, Lawrence, Eglington, Brimley of Scarborough) may be you can try out the following link for getting more info on CO-OP program in local scarborough resource centre. I am also planning to registrar there soon...

http://www.scasonline.com/1/1_0_0.php

Wish you all the very best...

Cheers
fariza

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arashid5 said:
Dear Qorax

I want to disscuss with you regarding my case, I got 2nd AOR in 18 august 2010,,, and the status is still RBVO....should I email/Contact London Visa office or wait for themmmmmm......

Please advise
U may send them a query, reg. "case progress update".
Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Hi Deeaar,

Can you please share more information on unpaid work placement ?

As you finished it already. Please share your views.

Regards
Mayank

Deeaar said:
Thanks Qorax and special thanks to Explorer101 for the timely guidance over a lovely dinner.

I am having a great time learning and grooming myself at the St. Gabriels - COOP . I started my classes on 10th Aug and they have mentioned that they will give each participant 6 points of Canadian schooling - Good to boost your Resume :)

I would recommend everybody to join them as soon as you land , DONT WAIT to settle . Its indeed very helpful and its not only about job , its about your personality development n many more other aspects of workplace as per canadian standards....so dont take it lightly. I found my COOP classes very informative with would prepare me for the next step and for the rest of my life in Canada.
Cheers !!!!

Aycan1998

Oct 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any Co-op programs in Ottawa :D. I think this is a wonderful way to go!!!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Great info from "the great one" 8)
thanks a lot captain..

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
fariza said:
Thanks a lot captain for initiating and link us to this excellent opportunity and resources as a landed immigrant. Thanks Explorer as well for contributing in...

Just like to add.. if anybody living east side of Toronto (Midland, Lawrence, Eglington, Brimley of Scarborough) may be you can try out the following link for getting more info on CO-OP program in local scarborough resource centre. I am also planning to registrar there soon...

http://www.scasonline.com/1/1_0_0.php

Wish you all the very best...

Cheers
fariza
thanks fariza

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hI,
Staff at Public Library around GTA will also help you and could provide you the details regarding CO-OP program, even can help you with registration for CO-OP, thats how i been introduced with CO-OP option as new immigrant.....

sunny1975

Star Member
Jun 14, 2010
I welcome views & comments on below mentioned progamme

Regards

Sunny
International Engineer Bridging Program

Bredin Institute - Centre for Learning
Suite 500, Capital Place, 9707 - 110 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2L9
Canada

School: Bredin Institute - Centre for Learning
Field of Study: Engineering, General

Description: The Engineer Bridging Program is exclusively focused on internationally trained Engineers who are currently experiencing difficulties re-entering their profession in Alberta. This program will increase your CLB level, provide, technical skills upgrading, communication skills, cultural training, preparation for licensure in Alberta and 20 weeks of internship with an Engineering firm. Situated at Capital Place in downtown Edmonton, the program is easily accessible through public transit and centrally located in a professional environment.
Length: 38 Week(s)

Admission Requirements
Prerequisites: This program is made possible with funding through Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry. This program is available to Internationally Educated Engineering Graduates. The Engineer Bridging Program has implemented core criteria for acceptance into the program and documentation of these requirements is requested prior to acceptance to the program: application for the Engineering Bridge Program submitted prior to deadline, evidence of eligibility to work in Canada (Permanent Residence Card, Work Visa, Landing Papers or Canadian Citizenship), original Post-Secondary Degrees and Transcripts (from education outside of Canada), Social Insurance Number Card and Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (or other equivalent). Prior to acceptance into the program, individuals will be asked to complete a one-on-one assessment interview with the program staff to further determine eligibility for continuing in the program.
Centre for Skilled and Internationally Trained Professionals (CSITP)
The Centre for Skilled and Internationally Trained Professionals is a work search program that helps internationally trained professionals navigate the obstacles of licensure recognition and secure meaningful employment in their field of expertise.

•Lack Canadian work experience?
•Struggling to navigate the obstacles of licensure recognition?
•Studying alone for professional licensure examinations?
•Have limited financial resources available to pay for credential evaluations, exposure courses, phone calls, and faxing?
•Sending out resumes with no response?
•Not sure how to access the ”hidden job market”?
•Feel confused and frustrated with the job search process?
•Getting interviews but not the job?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the CSITP’s no cost professional work / educational search program is for you. Let our experienced staff support and guide you in your search for a professional position that can be rewarding and challenging for you. CSITP guides internationally educated professionals through the licensing processes so they can find employment in their field or a complementary profession.

Our clients will benefit from our NO COST services as they work towards meeting the requirements for professional practice in Alberta, namely:

•Career coaching
•Study Groups
•Occupation specific support, seminars and referrals

Gav

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2009
AOR Received.
13 Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2010
Med's Request
5 oct 2010
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2 Apr 2011
LANDED..........
11 May 2011
Just to add.....It normally take at least 1 month or so to join...Because of the queue and batch starting date....suggestion is enrol the moment you land and keep searching for jobs..that will save some time...and there is a Co-Op program from Bell as well Bell PMP .... (http://thepmp.ca/pmp/) ....which you can apply for .....here Bell does the same thing...They put you on unpain internship and later on they try to place you

Gav

explorer101 said:
Thank you Qorax for making such a wondeful post. With this Co-op one can add Canadian experience to the resume and it helps a lot in job search. It is better to join Co-op after landing and simultaneouly apply for jobs. As qorax stressed be nice to the coordinator and other staff.
Few things one should take care in Co op/ job in Canada.
1. Never talk in native( non english ) language, a lot of times boss/ co op teacher think that u r saying something against them. And this is also a fact, so their suspecion is not baseless.
2. Be smart but do not try to be oversmart.
3. Never pose that u r better than boss/ co op teacher and they know nothing and u know everything.
4. Never gossip in Co op class / make groups.
5. Be careful of gossiping in washrooms. U never know who is listening there.
6. Be regular, punctual, neat and tidy.
7. Do not make mistake of thinking that co op class is just a formality to get a job. Take it very seriously.
8. For the guys- stricly no crush, fling etc etc towards the co op teacher or fellow students. While talking to anyone , do not enter in their private space. Canadians do not like office romance.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
I agree with u completely Gav. Earlier the Better !!!

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi sunny1975,

Seems to be very good. Thank you for the information.
Is it available in Toronto also?

mycan

sunny1975 said:
I welcome views & comments on below mentioned progamme

Regards

Sunny
International Engineer Bridging Program

Bredin Institute - Centre for Learning
Suite 500, Capital Place, 9707 - 110 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2L9
Canada

School: Bredin Institute - Centre for Learning
Field of Study: Engineering, General

Description: The Engineer Bridging Program is exclusively focused on internationally trained Engineers who are currently experiencing difficulties re-entering their profession in Alberta. This program will increase your CLB level, provide, technical skills upgrading, communication skills, cultural training, preparation for licensure in Alberta and 20 weeks of internship with an Engineering firm. Situated at Capital Place in downtown Edmonton, the program is easily accessible through public transit and centrally located in a professional environment.
Length: 38 Week(s)

Admission Requirements
Prerequisites: This program is made possible with funding through Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry. This program is available to Internationally Educated Engineering Graduates. The Engineer Bridging Program has implemented core criteria for acceptance into the program and documentation of these requirements is requested prior to acceptance to the program: application for the Engineering Bridge Program submitted prior to deadline, evidence of eligibility to work in Canada (Permanent Residence Card, Work Visa, Landing Papers or Canadian Citizenship), original Post-Secondary Degrees and Transcripts (from education outside of Canada), Social Insurance Number Card and Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (or other equivalent). Prior to acceptance into the program, individuals will be asked to complete a one-on-one assessment interview with the program staff to further determine eligibility for continuing in the program.
Centre for Skilled and Internationally Trained Professionals (CSITP)
The Centre for Skilled and Internationally Trained Professionals is a work search program that helps internationally trained professionals navigate the obstacles of licensure recognition and secure meaningful employment in their field of expertise.

•Lack Canadian work experience?
•Struggling to navigate the obstacles of licensure recognition?
•Studying alone for professional licensure examinations?
•Have limited financial resources available to pay for credential evaluations, exposure courses, phone calls, and faxing?
•Sending out resumes with no response?
•Not sure how to access the ”hidden job market”?
•Feel confused and frustrated with the job search process?
•Getting interviews but not the job?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the CSITP's no cost professional work / educational search program is for you. Let our experienced staff support and guide you in your search for a professional position that can be rewarding and challenging for you. CSITP guides internationally educated professionals through the licensing processes so they can find employment in their field or a complementary profession.

Our clients will benefit from our NO COST services as they work towards meeting the requirements for professional practice in Alberta, namely:

•Career coaching
•Study Groups
•Occupation specific support, seminars and referrals

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
1. Are their Enough number of jobs available in the economy to facilitate both the graduates of Canada and Skilled immigrants coming from outside?
2. is there any concrete data about what percentage of Government Funded CoOp finishers are actually hired? Do we have any member within this forum who are among them?
3. What are the reasons for Canadian employers to think that Skilled migrants are dumb enough not to understand the Canadian work culture and style in a few days or weeks, if they are given the opportunities?