Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
You can accept the job. Follow the terms of your permit and don't work illegally.
Agreed. If you are allowed to work part time for that period of time, and it seems your employers are accommodating of your situation, just tell them you can only work up to 20 hours/week for a little bit until the PGWP comes through.

Follow what is allowed on your permits, always!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Man
I have nothing personal against you.
And I suppose you are not the owner of this public forum.
So you can’t ask me what to post or not.
I did not suggest that guy to take my advice, no one is dumb here
You advised someone to do something illegal...

Reactions: EstherBarros

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Hey Man
I have nothing personal against you.
And I suppose you are not the owner of this public forum.
So you can’t ask me what to post or not.
I did not suggest that guy to take my advice, no one is dumb here
1) correct, no one is the owner of the public forum.
2) Incorrect, anyone can ask anyone to do something. It is up to the person being asked to decide to abide or not.
3) Incorrect, OP asked for guidance and you provided a misguided and illegal reply. The fact they asked does not make them dumb, makes them uninformed. He is here to gather information, and you are providing him with (not only INCORRECT) illegal procedures information.

I would also ask that you refrain from posting false information and illegal paths suggestions, some people do not know better and their entire life might be impacted by it.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
1) correct, no one is the owner of the public forum.
2) Incorrect, anyone can ask anyone to do something. It is up to the person being asked to decide to abide or not.
3) Incorrect, OP asked for guidance and you provided a misguided and illegal reply. The fact they asked does not make them dumb, makes them uninformed. He is here to gather information, and you are providing him with (not only INCORRECT) illegal procedures information.

I would also ask that you refrain from posting false information and illegal paths suggestions, some people do not know better and their entire life might be impacted by it.
Oh, Come on.
You are just putting words in my mouth by Saying (Ilegal). I have always said that I am not a legal advisor. I was just a regular conversation. And mind you I did not give him/her any information and I even don't know him/her personally. The conversation we had on the job offer was that the company wanted to keep him/her permanent but he/she was on co-op. A permanent job offer can be a part time or full time. There are different employment contracts and they have different clauses. Some contracts do have fixed hours and some don't. My way of suggesting him/her was that If he/she is able to talk to amend the employment contract in a certain way that he/she does not losses his/her job.
But yeah again Its always about how is the company or organisation works and also how much professional someone is.

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Thank You everyone on this thread. It was a healthy discussion, and helped me gather insights.

I have accepted the job offer from Sep 4. Sep 4 -Dec 14 is my co-op work term. After Dec 14, I'll work part-time or ask for a vacation till I apply for my PGWP. Once I apply, I'll continue working full-time.

I hope this doesn't create any ruckus in the future :)

Thank you again, you people are super helpful and awesome. @saurabh009 , @EstherBarros , @canuck_in_uk

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thank You everyone on this thread. It was a healthy discussion, and helped me gather insights.

I have accepted the job offer from Sep 4. Sep 4 -Dec 14 is my co-op work term. After Dec 14, I'll work part-time or ask for a vacation till I apply for my PGWP. Once I apply, I'll continue working full-time.

I hope this doesn't create any ruckus in the future :)

Thank you again, you people are super helpful and awesome. @saurabh009 , @EstherBarros , @canuck_in_uk
I am in the same situation as you. I am thinking to ask for 2 week break after coop and before full time and go to USA in between.

batman421

Jan 12, 2020
Hi @aniruddhabhatt,
Thank you for your posting your query.

I believe I am in the same situation like you do. If you have some time, please answer the below queries. Thank you.
  1. How was your experience so far, while doing a Permanent Full-time job in your Co-op term? I am hoping everything worked out for you!
  2. Did you include this experience of doing a Permanent Full-time job starting from your Co-op term in your PR application?
Your reply is highly appreciated. Thank you!

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi @rishitaseti ,

Best to apply for the graduation letter in advance (I did!), so you get it before the co-op semester ends. and hence you can apply for work permit right away (when the co-op semester ends, or as soon as you have the graduation letter).

Worst case, if you have a period between when your co-op work permit expires, and you receive your grad letter to apply for work permit; you can take time off from work. I'd suggest confirm this with an immigration lawyer; but I have seen many instances of this working just fine in my research online.