+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

co-op programs and the visa process.

aisha171

May 24, 2018
I chose a co-op major and I recently got the admission letter. And now I am applying for the visa and in the visa application there is a question "Is work an essential component of your studies?".
if my answer is "yes" that means that I will need to apply for co-op work permit.

My question is when will I need to apply for the work permit if my answer is Yes? and will that affect my chances of getting the visa?

Can I just answer the question with no and will they be able to know that work is an essential component of my studies from my acceptance letter?

I really hope someone will answer me.
Thaaank you

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
You have to answer "Yes" to the question. You also don't need to apply for a work permit along side your student permit. Since co-op is clearly stated on your application letter plis you answering that work is an essential part of your study...they will work on your visa as two in one...thus...they will give you the study permit and work permit by the time you Receive your visa approval. I am able to say this cos I have also applied for study permit with co-op route and again...my brother is already in Canada doing co-op also.

So you have no worries.

aisha171

May 24, 2018
You have to answer "Yes" to the question. You also don't need to apply for a work permit along side your student permit. Since co-op is clearly stated on your application letter plis you answering that work is an essential part of your study...they will work on your visa as two in one...thus...they will give you the study permit and work permit by the time you Receive your visa approval. I am able to say this cos I have also applied for study permit with co-op route and again...my brother is already in Canada doing co-op also.

So you have no worries.
Thanks a lot :)

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!

So you have no worries.
I am going for a co-op diploma so do I have to select YES in the from as well? and where is this question asked in which form?

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
Yes, you have to answer Yes also. So far as it is co-op, it is a strong YES
okay so it's for online applicants only not for offline?

arubio92

Apr 27, 2018

So you have no worries.
Did you got the letter of introduction? I applied for a study visa with co-op but I didn't received any letter, I see the application approved but no letter or passport request since I'm from a visa exempt country

Alex87M

May 30, 2018
I have applied online, when my application is sumitted I recive 3 e-mails confirmation, successfully submitted and request for bio metric.. next day 20 May i received another e-mail it says to review the messege log on to your account.. and i open my account there no new messenge only 3 msg that I recive at the time of submission.. what should i do.. and also i been a week i have submitted my bio metric but in my account it says your action is required.. ???

Alex87M

May 30, 2018
I chose a co-op major and I recently got the admission letter. And now I am applying for the visa and in the visa application there is a question "Is work an essential component of your studies?".
if my answer is "yes" that means that I will need to apply for co-op work permit.

My question is when will I need to apply for the work permit if my answer is Yes? and will that affect my chances of getting the visa?

Can I just answer the question with no and will they be able to know that work is an essential component of my studies from my acceptance letter?

I really hope someone will answer me.
Thaaank you
I am not sure about co-op thing.. i never heard of it before.. i am applied for diploma in my LOA they mentioned internship 4 week.. in my course it’s mentioned you will be provided internship in summer.. work is essential I select no beacuse if i select yes they ask me new documents i was running out of time my college starts in July so I answer no

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
The
Did you got the letter of introduction? I applied for a study visa with co-op but I didn't received any letter, I see the application approved but no letter or passport request since I'm from a visa exempt country
Don't worry, you will hear from them soon.

aisha171

May 24, 2018

So you have no worries.
I answered "yes" and then in the document checklist section they are asking for "A Proof of Work Requirement", I emailed the University and told them that I need the proof. They said that I can upload the letter of acceptance as a proof , and if the immigration official requested further information that they'll provide me with the information.

The problem is the acceptance letter is just a regular acceptance letter,and the 'co-op' is only mentioned next to the program of study. And I will have already uploaded because it is also a requirement, so does it make any sense to upload it twice?

I am afraid any error in the document checklist will cancel the eligibility to the visa....do they accept the LOA or do I need to ask the University again for a separate proof or for a Curriculum Paper?

sorry if I wrote too much, I am confused and I would really a ppreciate any help.