+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

co-op programs and the visa process.

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
I am not sure about co-op thing.. i never heard of it before.. i am applied for diploma in my LOA they mentioned internship 4 week.. in my course it’s mentioned you will be provided internship in summer.. work is essential I select no beacuse if i select yes they ask me new documents i was running out of time my college starts in July so I answer no
Co-op is very different from intenship. Kindly do your research.

Reactions: aisha171

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
I answered "yes" and then in the document checklist section they are asking for "A Proof of Work Requirement", I emailed the University and told them that I need the proof. They said that I can upload the letter of acceptance as a proof , and if the immigration official requested further information that they'll provide me with the information.

The problem is the acceptance letter is just a regular acceptance letter,and the 'co-op' is only mentioned next to the program of study. And I will have already uploaded because it is also a requirement, so does it make any sense to upload it twice?

I am afraid any error in the document checklist will cancel the eligibility to the visa....do they accept the LOA or do I need to ask the University again for a separate proof or for a Curriculum Paper?

sorry if I wrote too much, I am confused and I would really a ppreciate any help.
Don't worry about you writing a long text, it does happen when you are new to such things. So don't stress.

Now, you shouldn't have mailed the school since they can't do anything about that. With "co-op" stated on your acceptance letter, its a big proof that work is a huge part of your study permit.

You upload the page that says *co-op* on your acceptance letter at the slot requesting for "Proof of work requirement". You also highlight the phrase *co-op* as you upload.

Moreover since you stated your plan of working(co-op) while schooling in your letter of explanation, you have nothing to lose.

According to your story, you have already the whole letter of acceptance again at the Proof of Work Requirement, and there's nothing wrong with that. It wont affect your application in anyways. So calm down Aisha.

Cheers!

aisha171

May 24, 2018
Don't worry about you writing a long text, it does happen when you are new to such things. So don't stress.

Now, you shouldn't have mailed the school since they can't do anything about that. With "co-op" stated on your acceptance letter, its a big proof that work is a huge part of your study permit.

You upload the page that says *co-op* on your acceptance letter at the slot requesting for "Proof of work requirement". You also highlight the phrase *co-op* as you upload.

Moreover since you stated your plan of working(co-op) while schooling in your letter of explanation, you have nothing to lose.

According to your story, you have already the whole letter of acceptance again at the Proof of Work Requirement, and there's nothing wrong with that. It wont affect your application in anyways. So calm down Aisha.

Cheers!
Thank you so much! you are really helpful and I appreciate your answers :)

I have a question regarding the letter of explanation, will I need to write one ? in my case is it better to write LOE in order to explain myself?
I did not know that I could/should write one.

I also have a question about the (Employment (Activity/Ocuppation) section... they are asking me to provide information about my employment in the last 10 years, but I have never worked before. I graduated from highschool almost 2 years ago and in that period I studied English and German...so should I say that I studied german and english specifically or should I just say Student or write Not Applicable?

I have read on many Websites that any one who is applying for the visa online should get a "Personalized Reference Code" but I did not get one ....is it because I signed up for MyCIC account and then answered the " Check Your Eligibility" Questionaire?

I don't ask a question in here until I have searched on Google and read many websites for an answer for my question but couldn't find one.
I am sorry that I ended up asking you again.
Thank you.

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Thank you so much! you are really helpful and I appreciate your answers :)

I have a question regarding the letter of explanation, will I need to write one ? in my case is it better to write LOE in order to explain myself?
I did not know that I could/should write one.

I also have a question about the (Employment (Activity/Ocuppation) section... they are asking me to provide information about my employment in the last 10 years, but I have never worked before. I graduated from highschool almost 2 years ago and in that period I studied English and German...so should I say that I studied german and english specifically or should I just say Student or write Not Applicable?

I have read on many Websites that any one who is applying for the visa online should get a "Personalized Reference Code" but I did not get one ....is it because I signed up for MyCIC account and then answered the " Check Your Eligibility" Questionaire?

I don't ask a question in here until I have searched on Google and read many websites for an answer for my question but couldn't find one.
I am sorry that I ended up asking you again.
Thank you.
No problem.

About the Letter of Explanation;

It is mandatory and you could be denied just for not adding it to your documents when submitting. It should contain why you are going to do that particular program, why you chose Canada and not any other country, why you chose that university, what you intend to do with the program when you are done etc. You can also explain certain details that were not captured in your application form, like your accomodation, your expense etc. Note: letter of explanation is not a descriptive essay about you, since the visa office will have that informatiin from your application form.

At the Employment/Occupation/Activity slot enter what you were doing during the period you weren't working.This part is also compulsory, never leave it blank. Even if you aren't doing anything at all, get something to tell them. For your case you have to enter that you are a "student" from say 1/3/2015 (from when you started) to 5/3/2018(when you finished; if you are still studying, then leave this side blank), since you were learning English and Germany. Don't forget to enter the name of the institution or body where you were studying these languages. Now your previous employment, which will be the second enlisting will again be "student" since you were in school, state the duration of studies and the name of the school. That should be enough for yours concerning the employment.

Finally, "Personal Reference Code" is for those who want to come back to Canada to work, express entry etc.. so dont worry about that since you are a first-time applicant. You can follow this link and see for yourself:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=830&top=23

Also about the personal eligibility question, its mandatory for every online applicant. So don't stress yourself.

Cheers!

aisha171

May 24, 2018
No problem.

It is mandatory and you could be denied just for not adding it to your documents when submitting. It should contain why you are going to do that particular program, why you chose Canada and not any other country, why you chose that university, what you intend to do with the program when you are done etc. You can also explain certain details that were not captured in your application form, like your accomodation, your expense etc. Note: letter of explanation is not a descriptive essay about you, since the visa office will have that informatiin from your application form.

At the Employment/Occupation/Activity slot enter what you were doing during the period you weren't working.This part is also compulsory, never leave it blank. Even if you aren't doing anything at all, get something to tell them. For your case you have to enter that you are a "student" from say 1/3/2015 (from when you started) to 5/3/2018(when you finished; if you are still studying, then leave this side blank), since you were learning English and Germany. Don't forget to enter the name of the institution or body where you were studying these languages. Now your previous employment, which will be the second enlisting will again be "student" since you were in school, state the duration of studies and the name of the school. That should be enough for yours concerning the employment.

Finally, "Personal Reference Code" is for those who want to come back to Canada to work, express entry etc.. so dont worry about that since you are a first-time applicant. You can follow this link and see for yourself:

Also about the personal eligibility question, its mandatory for every online applicant. So don't stress yourself.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot:)
I thought that the letter of explanation is optional.

Reactions: ynandal99
Jan 16, 2020
No problem.

Cheers!
Hello.
I have a query.
Do i have to apply for co-op work permit along with study permit?