+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit - exceed estimated processing time

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for a closed work permit on March 1st. My job is LMIA-exempt and a full application package was submitted (this isn't my first rodeo).

When I submitted my application online, the estimated processing time was 35 days and they were "processing applications submitted on January 31st". I would regularly check this page to see the progress, and about 2 weeks after I submitted it changed to 'processing applications submitted on February 8th". It has now been 42 days and I haven't heard anything. The website STILL says processing applications submitted on February 8th and estimated a 35 day processing. This is quite frustrating as this '35 day' timeframe they give it completely inaccurate- if they were working on application submitted on Feb 8th and today is April 11th then that's >60 day timeframe. I've tried calling the CIC and contacting them through webform but I haven't made any progress.

I am really frustrated as my application has exceed normal processing times but I don't know what else I can do. My employer is equally frustrated. Does anyone have any advice? Should I contact my local MP? (I am currently in Canada).

Thanks!

Hi I hope it all worked out well for you. You say "processing applications submitted on January 31st". How do you find this out? the only info I can see is the processing times in weeks.

Thank You

Dannib0y

Jun 8, 2018
Alberta
Thanks for your reply. What is most frustrating is that they have been processing applications submitted on February 8th for over one month now! It's like there's no one even working on them!
I applied last year November and i got my WP two weeks ago.. the processing times are more than anticipated