+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Client Reference Letter format

svikashk

May 16, 2017
Hi folks,

I was self-employed for a while. Unfortunately, only one of the client is willing to give me a reference letter. The problem here is, the work I did for this client was for his personal needs and not for his company. So, he says he can't give it in his company letter head as my work wasn't tied to his company.

Could you please guide me with what options I've got here? Must his reference letter be in company letter head?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Hi folks,

I was self-employed for a while. Unfortunately, only one of the client is willing to give me a reference letter. The problem here is, the work I did for this client was for his personal needs and not for his company. So, he says he can't give it in his company letter head as my work wasn't tied to his company.

Could you please guide me with what options I've got here? Must his reference letter be in company letter head?
If this is for submitting EE profile, you need to have a proper letter in letter head. If you cant get it, the only option you can try is writing a explanation letter and include your client's reference. But this may not be an advised method.
Do you have a company registered yourself and worked for your client?
Also, did you worked in same field where your education is?

svikashk

May 16, 2017
If this is for submitting EE profile, you need to have a proper letter in letter head. If you cant get it, the only option you can try is writing a explanation letter and include your client's reference. But this may not be an advised method.
Do you have a company registered yourself and worked for your client?
Also, did you worked in same field where your education is?
I had a partnership firm and this service was provided when I was running the firm. But my education isn't in the same field as my occupation. Would it be a problem?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I had a partnership firm and this service was provided when I was running the firm. But my education isn't in the same field as my occupation. Would it be a problem?
As per my knowledge. Yes, you need to have work experience against a NOC Job code and your degree should be related to that.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Holy cow! This is insane! Are you sure about this? Other senior members? Would love to hear your inputs.
The information provided is what i know based on experience. To calculate points, it checks only if you have education qualification and 3+ years of experience that you have. Which means, they are not looking for your degree and whether job is related.

When we get invitation and when we fill details, we give more details about education and job details as well. We normally file our application against a job code. And you should have necessary experience against that job code. Here also its not checking whether your education is related to that.

However, during the file validation it can be a query. As I remember my friend received a query regarding the same.
This means, you could apply without any issues provided you have all details to substantiate your education, work and experience.

I just want to make it clear and correct if i passed wrong information in above message.

svikashk

May 16, 2017
The information provided is what i know based on experience. To calculate points, it checks only if you have education qualification and 3+ years of experience that you have. Which means, they are not looking for your degree and whether job is related.

When we get invitation and when we fill details, we give more details about education and job details as well. We normally file our application against a job code. And you should have necessary experience against that job code. Here also its not checking whether your education is related to that.

However, during the file validation it can be a query. As I remember my friend received a query regarding the same.
This means, you could apply without any issues provided you have all details to substantiate your education, work and experience.

I just want to make it clear and correct if i passed wrong information in above message.
Ah. Okay. Thanks for sharing this with us, anoop_satheesh. Did your friend eventually get their PR?

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi Guys I have a similar query here. I am self employed, owner of wholesale trading business. Noc 0621. Many of my wholesale clients purchase products and pay. They wouldn't be able to answer how many hours a day I work or all my duties that fall in my noc.

I visit them to their office or shops 2-3 times a year for accounting, feedback on products, and just to maintain harmonious relation.

They are willing to provide references but I have to get the proper wording that suits CIC requirements. Plz guide.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi Fellows

I am in a little confused state. My Self employed business falls under NOC 0621, that is wholesale trade. So I sell electric appliances and electronics products to my wholesale channel partners distributed all across India. They are willing to provide references, stating that

1. They know me as an owner / sole proprietor of the firm
2. They purchase electronics products (dth receivers, dish antenna etc) from my firm
3. They contact me for any fresh orders, product knowledge or complaints.
4. The invoice of payments would be attached by me as proof of billing and payments.

What they can't proove is time spent everyday on work, my other duties as wholesaler etc.

I have got other documents needed, like Tax Registration, Balance Sheets, P&L statements, Audit Report, Bank Statement in name of the firm.

Pl suggest

flyawayyyyyy

Dec 11, 2020
Hi Guys I have a similar query here. I am self employed, owner of wholesale trading business. Noc 0621. Many of my wholesale clients purchase products and pay. They wouldn't be able to answer how many hours a day I work or all my duties that fall in my noc.

I visit them to their office or shops 2-3 times a year for accounting, feedback on products, and just to maintain harmonious relation.

They are willing to provide references but I have to get the proper wording that suits CIC requirements. Plz guide.
Hey, What did you finally do for your reference letter ? Did you get your PR ?

Oct 8, 2020
Hi All,
I am self-employed and looking for a sample letter format to get from our clients. I work in the web designing space. Is there any good letter format to be followed? Or any specific information to have on the letter (something that cannot be missed)