+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Client Information - Optional - Is it IMPORTANT?

MJAFS

Jul 19, 2019
Dear all,

I'm about to submit my application for a study permit. One of the optional boxes to fill in is "Client information".

Is that letter important? Should I attach one with my application?

Will be very thankful to you for your support and co-operation.

Looking forward to your reply

Best
M

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
Dear all,

I'm about to submit my application for a study permit. One of the optional boxes to fill in is "Client information".

Best
M
Hi, from which country are you applying from?

It is necessary if you still have more documents you wanna upload there like your statement of purpose, police certificates, your BSc degree, your academic transcripts, your birth certificate etc

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Dear all,

Best
M
If you apply under Non SDS, you definitely need at least a Statement of Purpose/Study Plan.

If you apply under SDS, a SOP is not required. Myself and many other people applying under SDS got approved without SOP.

Reactions: Louisaobas

MJAFS

Jul 19, 2019
If you apply under Non SDS, you definitely need at least a Statement of Purpose/Study Plan.

If you apply under SDS, a SOP is not required. Myself and many other people applying under SDS got approved without SOP.
Than you

I'm applying out of Portugal. But I 'd have so much to tell them... I have very personal reasons to apply to UBC. I was accepted by the institution. I have provided the letter of acceptance. Should I or should I not provide a Client information letter with my online application?

MJAFS

Jul 19, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your advise. I'm applying out from Portugal. I do have children living in the province. It's stated in one of the submited forms. Shall I tell them again?

M

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Than you

I'm applying out of Portugal. But I 'd have so much to tell them... I have very personal reasons to apply to UBC. I was accepted by the institution. I have provided the letter of acceptance. Should I or should I not provide a Client information letter with my online application?

I can't exactly determine for you whether you need it or not.
Try to put yourself in the place of the VO, and look at your application. What part of the application would you be suspicious about? What would you question? Then provide documents according to this analysis.
Also, see if your application can pass the refusal reasons. Lack of finance, mismatched courses, family ties, etc. If you feel unsure for some parts, add extra documents for those parts.

MJAFS

Jul 19, 2019

Thanks! So I should write a SOP let the officer know that I have strong family reasons linking me to the country?

Best M

MJAFS

Jul 19, 2019
I can't exactly determine for you whether you need it or not.
Try to put yourself in the place of the VO, and look at your application. What part of the application would you be suspicious about? What would you question? Then provide documents according to this analysis.
Also, see if your application can pass the refusal reasons. Lack of finance, mismatched courses, family ties, etc. If you feel unsure for some parts, add extra documents for those parts.
Thank you! I'll draft a supporting letter to the VO drafting a narrative of the all application.
Best
M

Neelakanth

Jan 12, 2021
I am applying under non SDS ,
I too have same problems.
I have Uploaded all the documents except client information section.
Can I make pdf file which contains sop , my college transcript and upfront medical and upload in client information??? As Remaining supporting documents?
Please help me I don't know what to do.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
I am applying under non SDS ,
I too have same problems.
I have Uploaded all the documents except client information section.
Can I make pdf file which contains sop , my college transcript and upfront medical and upload in client information??? As Remaining supporting documents?
Please help me I don't know what to do.
Hey, I reading your post again here. I have already answered your question in our own thread. I am pasting it below again for you here. Hope this helps.

Yes, whatever you feel relevant to your application, upload it in the client information. SOP is very important so give it a top priority, and then your transcripts, awards, scholarships, work experience certificates, and any additional. Try not to forget anything which could increase your chances of approval. Put them in a single pdf file. I applied via regular category (non SDS), here I had 4 mb for client information to upload. It should be strictly 4 MB. So, if your certificates have higher DPI make it less or reduce it and prepare a clean file. Good luck.

Neelakanth

Jan 12, 2021
Thank you for your helping.
Sir I have one more thing.
I have got scholarship sanction letter ,but haven't got funds yet. But I can't show sufficient funds in my accounts.
And I have my GIC certificate of 10000 Canadian dollars.
1)Can I combine GIC and scholarship sanction letter and upload in financial support coloum?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Thank you for your helping.
Sir I have one more thing.
I have got scholarship sanction letter ,but haven't got funds yet. But I can't show sufficient funds in my accounts.
And I have my GIC certificate of 10000 Canadian dollars.
1)Can I combine GIC and scholarship sanction letter and upload in financial support coloum?
Are you applying under SDS or non-SDS? Because earlier I read your message saying that you will be applying under SDS. Now, I read here that you are applying under non-SDS. Are you certain with the category to which you are applying now?

With regard to the GIC, I think you are right. You can upload both the GIC and scholarship letter together in the pdf file under financial section, which has a separate upload option in the non-SDS system. But, in the client information upload section, you can add your other documents and give a title in the each material you are submitting with a proper order.

Neelakanth

Jan 12, 2021
sir I am applying under Non SDS category only.
Because I have not paid my tution fees and I have IELTS band 5.5in one module.
Means to upload In client section, I have to create pdf file with all other supporting documents ( Sop+degree certificate+, transcript+medical) right sir?
Do I have to add my IELTS test results in that file? Or do not?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
sir I am applying under Non SDS category only.
Because I have not paid my tution fees and I have IELTS band 5.5in one module.
Means to upload In client section, I have to create pdf file with all other supporting documents ( Sop+degree certificate+, transcript+medical) right sir?
Do I have to add my IELTS test results in that file? Or do not?
Okay. I understand. I don't think you need IELTS for non-SDS, although it is highly recommended by IRCC. In my case, I have not uploaded a IELTS test, because I tried to demonstrate my English by providing other proofs. I am not sure about your case here. I cannot also much comment on the scores here, as I am not very experienced with IELTS exam. You should discuss it with other if possible. I think most of the people submit their IELTS scores for study permit. But, to answer your question about uploading IELTS, yes you can upload it in the client information section. Because, there is no special place to upload IELTS test results. If you studied in India, then in most cases IELTS is required. Please, check this part with others in this forum.

Other than IELTS, yes you can add all the other documents that you mentioned above. I think you should also show some property ties in India, like family business proof, income tax returns of you or parents, your house owned by you or your parents and your justification that you will fly to India after you complete your course in Canada. These details are deemed very important by a visa officer to increase your chance of approval.

Neelakanth

Jan 12, 2021
Sir, I have 100% funding from scholarship , which will cover my all the expenses.
Even then also I need show income tax return??
My scholarship won't be sufficient for visa?