+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification regarding additional papers

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Are we supposed to include our name/question even on screenshots?

When asked to provide a separate sheet of paper for more room, it's mentioned that each additional paper must include the name of the applicant, the question number and the title.

Do I really have to upload all my screenshots that I took off my phone from the app in which me and my spouse used (Couple) to a computer and drag and drop it to include my name and the question number/title?

Instead of doing that I simply created a cover sheet with the title/question, and provided a synopsis of what was attached to it... followed by all my print outs of screenshots that pertain to that cover sheet.

Is this acceptable? I'm deciding to ask now so instead of wasting 2000 sheets of paper, i would have only wasted 1000. *death glare at CIC website*

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
By screenshots I assume you mean printouts of emails and whatnot? It's probably a good idea to label them in some way, but we didn't bother labelling ours. I just added a cover page.

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Aquakitty said:
By screenshots I assume you mean printouts of emails and whatnot? It's probably a good idea to label them in some way, but we didn't bother labelling ours. I just added a cover page.
Yes. In this case screenshots from an app we used called Couple to communicate.
I made a cover sheet with a brief note on the cover sheet explaining the context of the conversation.

For example. My spouse and I had a brief conversation about an upcoming Bill Maher performance. We talked about it on the app, so I printed out a tidbit of that conversation, the emails confirming the purchases and the e-tickets. The cover letter explains what it is and so on and it's paper clipped to the conversation that's mentioned. On the cover letter I included the title and the number of the question including my name. Do you think this is good enough? I would hate to have to start all over after printing out soooo many things

yamgia

Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NinaInOT said:
Yes. In this case screenshots from an app we used called Couple to communicate.
I made a cover sheet with a brief note on the cover sheet explaining the context of the conversation.

For example. My spouse and I had a brief conversation about an upcoming Bill Maher performance. We talked about it on the app, so I printed out a tidbit of that conversation, the emails confirming the purchases and the e-tickets. The cover letter explains what it is and so on and it's paper clipped to the conversation that's mentioned. On the cover letter I included the title and the number of the question including my name. Do you think this is good enough? I would hate to have to start all over after printing out soooo many things
It sounds good enough to me, this is how my two "friends" who got pr a few months ago advised me to do it too.