+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Sumayya.A

Jul 1, 2019
India
NOC Code......
Hi All,
My WES report which I received today states "Diploma (three years), bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's
degree (four years)".
Someone please advise which option I should choose while creating my EE profile.
Looking forward to hearing the suggestions.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi All,
My WES report which I received today states "Diploma (three years), bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's
degree (four years)".
Someone please advise which option I should choose while creating my EE profile.
Looking forward to hearing the suggestions.
"Two or more degree,diploma..."

Reactions: Sumayya.A
Jan 21, 2020
I have done 3 years bachelor degree BCom from bikaner University and 1 year post graduate diploma in banking and finance from manipal academy of higher education. Both are in Wes list of universities. Will it be equivalent to 2 or more degrees diplomas? Kindly help as Wes free tool doesn't have options to choose post graduate diploma. Wes free tool assessed my 3 yr bachelor as community college diploma 3 years.

Last edited:

Niravv

Jan 27, 2020
I have done 4 years of Bachelor's degree in India.

And

I have one year PG DIPLOMA from Canada.

Am I eligible to choose two degrees option IN CRS calculator?

Please respond. It's urgent.

Thanks in advance.

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
With multiple degrees from multiple universities, do you need to send a copy of final degree certificate in separate envelopes? Or you can send all of them together in the same envelope?

pav1993

Jul 29, 2019
What should i chose under crs education if i have completed bsc 3 years in india and post secondary diploma in canada 2 years

Should i chose bachelors or two or more diploma ,degree

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
What should i chose under crs education if i have completed bsc 3 years in india and post secondary diploma in canada 2 years

Should i chose bachelors or two or more diploma ,degree
What does your WES report says for your Indian degree?

mandeep1983

May 23, 2014
Wes given equivalency to “4 year bachelor degree” to 10th , 3 year diploma and 3 year btech degree. Now i m doing certificate III course in commercial cookery (one year) so after completion is wes will give equivalency to “two or more certificates ,diploma degrees“ ??

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi experts-
Can you please comment on this scenario as I am trying to help a friend?
He entered into bridging dual degree bachelors program - 2 years overseas university in Dubai (2012-2014) and 2 years at a Canadian university. (2014-2016). After completion of 4 years , he was supposed to get a bachelors degree from both universities.

Timeline and events-
2012-2014- completes 2 years in Dubai and comes down to Canada.
2014-2016- completes 2 years at Canadian University. But during these 2 years, he decides to take Diploma level courses so that he gets a Canadian 2 years Diploma certificate.

He used all his Canadian Diploma credits to get a Bachelors degree from Dubai University and submitted transcripts from both the universities to WES. WE DO NOT KNOW IF WES CONSIDERED BOTH THE TRANSCRIPTS BUT THE SUMMARY ONLY SAYS HE IS AWARDED A 4 YEARS BACHELORS DEGREE.

So at the end of 2016 - Dubai University gives him a Bachelors degree and at the same time the Canadian University gives him a 2 years Diploma certificate. (not a post grad diploma but a high school 2 year diploma)

My question is can he claim points for both Bachelors degree and Canadian Diploma at the same time? Wouldn't IRCC come back and ask how does he get a WES Bachelors degree and a Canadian Diploma at the same time i.e. in year 2016?

This is very important for him to know as the Canadian Diploma certificate adds additional points in his profile but we are not sure if this is acceptable by IRCC. Any inputs are highly appreciated. @mr.preetsingh @Maverick28

@rajkamalmohanram
The confusion is EE calculator asks about highest degree awarded - which is 4 yrs Bachelors in this case (as per WES) but it also asks if you have a Canadian degree or diploma - which in this case he does but the Diploma is not the highest level of education and is of lesser value compared to Bachelors. so not sure how to deal with this to avoid any refusal in future. Thank you again!

Even if he selects '2 or more degrees with one being more than 3 years' option, is this acceptable as he used ALL his Canadian Diploma credits towards getting a bachelors from Dubai university. So can he claim extra points for this or there would be a refusal ahead. This is a deciding factor as his score directly jumps to 475 if he selects 2 or more degree / Bachelors and Canadian credential both. But not sure if this is acceptable.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020
I have done 3 years bachelor degree BCom from bikaner University and 1 year post graduate diploma in banking and finance from manipal academy of higher education. Both are in Wes list of universities. Will it be equivalent to 2 or more degrees diplomas? Kindly help as Wes free tool doesn't have options to choose post graduate diploma. Wes free tool assessed my 3 yr bachelor as community college diploma 3 years.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
if you get a diploma 3 year and 1 year pg then yes.

Jo2020

Feb 24, 2020
I'm confused..

My Canadian Equivalency Summary reads: Completion of college level certificate (1 year) and Bachelor's degree (4 years)

What do I select on my EE application?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@sid1987
Hi Sid,
Can you help with this query -
I have a friend who got Bachelors (4yrs) equivalency from WES for 2 years completion of studies in Dubai and 2 yrs at a Canadian University. (It was a dual degree program). He was supposed to get bachelors degree from both universities but ended up getting one only from Dubai. Reason is he chose to take Diploma level courses at Canadian University. So at the end of 4th year, all the credits of Diploma level courses were counted at Dubai university towards getting the Bachelors degree. My questions is this -

He also got a Canadian Diploma (2yrs) certificate at the same time for Canadian University and he could not evaluate that from WES as they do not evaluate Canadian degrees. So my question is , can he choose 'Two or more degrees' option in his express entry profile? No one has been able to answer this so far. It is affecting the points significantly.