+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

harismunawar

Dec 17, 2019
Hi,
I have 2 years diploma, I transferred my credits to a Canadian university for doing Bachelors (4 years program) but took me 2 years.
Am i eligible for Two or more Certificates?

Ahmed Hamdy

Dec 15, 2019
Hello,
I have done my 4 year bachelor from Egypt and 1 year post graduation diploma course but not in the same field, Will I be eligible for two and more degree category?
Thanks in advance.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.

With the intention of getting PR in future, I m planning 3 year advacnce diploma from Canada + 1 certificate + 2 year of work exp(which I cn get after applying for work permit on completing 3 yr. Of diploma)

My question is :
Will I be able to fetch points as "Two or more degree,diploma..." ??

Nov 18, 2019
Yes it does.
Dear Sir,

I have 4 years of Bachelors of Engineering Degree from Rajasthan University and 2 years MBA degree from ICFAI Dehradun University.
However, WES has evaluated by Canadian Equivalency as for 2 years MBA as Postgraduate diploma (one year).

What should i enter in the express entry profile ? How many points will i get for it ?

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Dear Sir,

I have 4 years of Bachelors of Engineering Degree from Rajasthan University and 2 years MBA degree from ICFAI Dehradun University.
However, WES has evaluated by Canadian Equivalency as for 2 years MBA as Postgraduate diploma (one year).

What should i enter in the express entry profile ? How many points will i get for it ?

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,
Two or more degrees.

skkakde

Dec 30, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am from India and I have done 3 years of Diploma and then got direct 2nd-year admission in my degree course which means 3 years of degree.
Do I qualify for "Two or more certificate" category ?

Regards

Mahmoudgh

Sep 9, 2019
Jordan
Category........
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.
Should the admission requirements of that study which comes after my degree
Be a degree or diploma?

aarzu.nic

Jan 2, 2020
Hi All,

I have Bachelors 4 year degree and 11.4 months PG Diploma program
Can I select the two or more diploma/degree option in CIC for express entry?

JAS18

Mar 23, 2019
Hi, I see others have asked this question, but doesn't seem like there's a clear answer.

My WES ECA results are:
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

What option should be chosen for the last question of the education history section in CIC profile for entering details of post graduate education? I see no option to choose 'post graduate diploma'. The question I am referring to is the following:

Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean. (required).

Jan 6, 2020
hi i want to know if i am eligible for 2 or more

1 year diploma in nautical science after 12th
3 years bachelors degree in bachelors of business

mandeep1983

May 23, 2014
Hi
I have completer 10th--3year diploma-3 year btech in Information technolgy - 1year certificate in hotel mangament .

is WES will give equivalency with "two or more certificates , diplomas,degree " ?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi
I have completer 10th--3year diploma-3 year btech in Information technolgy - 1year certificate in hotel mangament .

is WES will give equivalency with "two or more certificates , diplomas,degree " ?
Yes

Eddie12

Jan 16, 2020
Hello! I graduated from the 1year Postgraduate certificate and 2 years Diploma in Canada and also I have the masters degree from my country.
Do I have to choose which of the following options?
One of the options is “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR master’s, professional or doctoral”. Does this option mean that degree, diploma or certificate should be 3 years or longer?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hello! I graduated from the 1year Postgraduate certificate and 2 years Diploma in Canada and also I have the masters degree from my country.
Do I have to choose which of the following options?
One of the options is “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR master’s, professional or doctoral”. Does this option mean that degree, diploma or certificate should be 3 years or longer?
degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer - One of this need to be 3 year plus.
Masters will need to be evaluated as Masters by Canadian agency to be considered as Masters, and if you get it evaluated as Master you can use only masters.