+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

My Wife has completed 10th + Diploma (3 Years) + Executive MBA (1 Year) from India and I am planning for making her Primary as to get a good score. So is she applicable for two or more diploma / degree certificate Category or for secondary diploma category. Need to know if anyone has any inputs on the same. Appreciate your help in advance !!

nehadeep

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Friends,

My wife ECA for 3 Years Graduation (Regular from Delhi University) is under process through WES.

She also has the one year certificate in "creative fashion and technology in women's wear" from PEARL ACADEMY, Delhi.

Now i am thinking of getting the evaluation for 1 year certificate too because in WES equivalency tool, Pearl Academy appears in Institution Name section.(but course name does not)

My question is :

If she receives evaluation for both 3 Year Degree and 1 Year Certificate, will she be eligible to apply under "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more", in level of education ?

Also if the university name is on WES list but name of the certificate course is not on the list then is it worth even trying.

Hi

I am in the same boat as your wife hence was curious to know how was the certificate course evaluated? Were you able to get Two or More Degrees Equivalency? Kindly reply

Apr 26, 2018
Hi

I am in the same boat as your wife hence was curious to know how was the certificate course evaluated? Were you able to get Two or More Degrees Equivalency? Kindly reply

Unfortunately No.

Canadian Equivalency for Pearl Academy : One year post secondary study at non-recognised institution.

Met Mr. Nodial (thorough gentlemen and very helpful), at Naraina Branch of pearl academy. After in-depth discussion and research, I came to conclusion, that only the courses affiliated by Nottingham university, would be considered by WES.
Pearl academy in fact has a letter issued by Nottingham university, with complete list of affiliated courses. Please check wether your course comes under its purview. If yes, then please ask pearl academy to mail the letter along with transcript to wes.

nehadeep

Dec 4, 2018
Unfortunately No.

Canadian Equivalency for Pearl Academy : One year post secondary study at non-recognised institution.

Met Mr. Nodial (thorough gentlemen and very helpful), at Naraina Branch of pearl academy. After in-depth discussion and research, I came to conclusion, that only the courses affiliated by Nottingham university, would be considered by WES.
Pearl academy in fact has a letter issued by Nottingham university, with complete list of affiliated courses. Please check wether your course comes under its purview. If yes, then please ask pearl academy to mail the letter along with transcript to wes.
I have done my one year certificate course from NIFT, Delhi. So according to you, apart from institutions, even courses must be affiliated? Incase I get ‘ Post secondary study from a recognised institution’, what will be the equivalency?

Apr 26, 2018
I have done my one year certificate course from NIFT, Delhi. So according to you, apart from institutions, even courses must be affiliated? Incase I get ‘ Post secondary study from a recognised institution’, what will be the equivalency?
Cant comment on NIFT but the course affiliation stands true for Pearl academy.
Its my guess that you won't face any problem in evaluating NIFT.

Your equivalency would be two or more certificate or degrees. With one degree for 3 years.

Abhi_D

Dec 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
Need some inputs before I create my EE profile. I have got my educational certificates evaluated by WES and have got below result:

"
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

"

I want to know whether to choose double degree or Masters as my education?
Looking forward to get an early response.

Regards
Abhi

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
Need some inputs before I create my EE profile. I have got my educational certificates evaluated by WES and have got below result:

"

"

I want to know whether to choose double degree or Masters as my education?
Looking forward to get an early response.

Regards
Abhi
Two or more certificates :)

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Guys you don't need to worry much about 2 or more degrees here, just enter the details as per the ECA in your Express Entry Profile and the system will calculate the points accordingly. In EE profile, there is no such option as "two or more degrees".
You mean it has the option to select bachelors degree three years and bachelors degree four years in the EE profile creation ?

amykmshr

Dec 10, 2018
I have done B.tech of 4 years from India and have a 1-year diploma in web designing and software development.
Will I get points for Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Yes and based on what you enter, the system will calculate the points.
Hey @Maverick28 I Am bit confused. I have done my BBA-3 years and then.MBA 4 years my WES assessment is:

So there is either option of bachelors degree or three or more years of program at a University, college, trade or technical school or other institute. (I understand I clearly am qualified for this)
But then one year post graduate diploma will come under masters? Or it's a waste?

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hey @Maverick28 I Am bit confused. I have done my BBA-3 years and then.MBA 4 years my WES assessment is:

So there is either option of bachelors degree or three or more years of program at a University, college, trade or technical school or other institute. (I understand I clearly am qualified for this)
But then one year post graduate diploma will come under masters? Or it's a waste?

Further AI have check that when go for evaluation you get the option of 2 or more degrees or diplomas.

However when you actually are feeling the form there is no such option. There is either bechalors or master. But no 2 or more degrees.

So where will I land. At the moment I feel like no man's land. ‍♂

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

But then one year post graduate diploma will come under masters? You'll have to select "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for this.
Or it's a waste?

sg11pankaj

Dec 16, 2018
Hi-

I’ve a 4yr university graduate degree. During the same period, i did a 1 yr French languague certificate program from a different department of the university. Will it help me to qualify for ‘2 or more degree/diploma/certificate’ category?