+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

jvas

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
18.12.2014(PER)
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line ECAS : 28.02.2015( Processing started on 27.02.2015)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.03.2015 ( 3rd line update:24.03.2015 medicals received)
Interview........
waived probably
Passport Req..
very soon ( DM 06.05.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
very very soon
LANDED..........
Sooner than my thoughts
selecting Master's degree will give 7 points more. As you have been evaluated for Master's by WES..choose it.
Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated and Happ New Year to you and everyone in this forum.

Dec 31, 2018
you both are 100% eligible.
Hi @H0peAndFa1th @prongs13 @SithLord @Maverick28 Can anyone of you please advise if I am eligible to get points for 2 or more credentials for Immigration ECA purposes. My degrees are as per below -

1.Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Electronics and Telecommunications.(4 Years)
2.MBA in International Business (2 Years)

I am confused now whether to get assessment for both or just one degree from the above.

From the cic website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html) - It says this and its confusing !

" Which credentials to get assessed
In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree.

When to get an assessment for 2 or more credentials
To get points for having 2 or more credentials, you need an assessment for each one.

To get full points for more than 1 credential, at least 1 of the credentials must be for 3 or more years of study.

The order that you complete your credentials does not affect points. "

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.
Hello buddy,

I have same case as your’s..

Can I know, have you approached WES for summary update ?

And, do you have any remarks saying “Diploma is exempted” at the end of the WES Report ??

Please respond.
Thanks

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hi
I have created express entry profile and I got points for my two credentials.My CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is diploma(2 years) and Bachelors(4 years) and my credential analysis section is same as yours.So you can ask wes to update your summary and after that you can claim
points for two or more category
Hello buddy,
Even my education is same as yours and WES Report as well.
So, you are suggesting to ask WES for summary update ... And, I am about to do that..
Reason they hadn’t considered my diploma and left a Remark at the end of Report : “Diploma is exempted”

So, I just want to confirm that have you gone through the process of asking them and have they updated your summary???

Please confirm
Thanks

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi @H0peAndFa1th @prongs13 @SithLord @Maverick28 Can anyone of you please advise if I am eligible to get points for 2 or more credentials for Immigration ECA purposes. My degrees are as per below -

I am confused now whether to get assessment for both or just one degree from the above.

From the cic website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html) - It says this and its confusing !

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree.

To get points for having 2 or more credentials, you need an assessment for each one.

To get full points for more than 1 credential, at least 1 of the credentials must be for 3 or more years of study.

Send both to WES :) You qualify for 2 or more certificates

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017

I think you have to send your B.E transcripts and degree with your application to get your Masters degree assessed positively. Even though you will get highest points for your master degree and don't need your bachelor degree to claim points. WES needs to see that you have completed a bachelor degree that is required to go for a Masters degree.

I hope it helps

You can calim points for Masters degree which will give you a higher score than two or more degrees will give as suggested by SithLord above.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I would like to correct you on this: A Masters degree is worth more points than two or more certificates.
Yes that is correct!! Sorry, I mean some MBA degrees are evaluated as diplomas by WES. Either he gets Masters qualification or two or more degrees :)

D12345

Jan 1, 2019
Hello everyone, i have a 3 year bachelor's degree and a 1 year Post graduate Certificate in international business. Do i qualify for two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?

shah.urmi2910

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,
I have a Bachelors of 4 years, and after completion of that, I am learning French for good crs points. So if I appear for DELF b2, which is considered as an independent degree/ Diploma by the French government, will it qualify for 2 or more degrees?

shah.urmi2910

Jan 4, 2019
I would like to correct you on this: A Masters degree is worth more points than two or more certificates.
Hi, could you please help me here
I have a Bachelors of 4 years, and after completion of that, I appeared for DELF b2, which is considered an independent degree/ Diploma by french goverment, will i qualify for 2 or more degrees?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello everyone, i have a 3 year bachelor's degree and a 1 year Post graduate Certificate in international business. Do i qualify for two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
I believe yes but to be 100% you must send for evaluation

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi, could you please help me here
I have a Bachelors of 4 years, and after completion of that, I appeared for DELF b2, which is considered an independent degree/ Diploma by french goverment, will i qualify for 2 or more degrees?
I suggest to send each of your study for evaluation. You may get 2 or more degrees evaluation.

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi, need some help
I have a commerce degree for which WES credited 4 years degree and an IPCC CA certificate for which WES credited 1 year certificate course. The thing is that I did both of these simultaneously, the degree was regular and the certification was correspondence still WES gave me credits for voth. Can I still opt for two or more degree or certificate or diploma?