+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

jbm00768

Jan 7, 2015
Did you get a 3-year or 4-year Graduation equivalence from WES for your BCA degree? If yes, you'll be able to claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". But if you have got 2-year degree equivalence, then you'll not be able to as your Canadian diploma is also for 2 years, and you need at least one 3-year degree for that option.

yes i received Three year Graduation equivalency from WES for 3 year BCA degree. so am i able to chose "Two or more certificate,diploma, or degree" option

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
yes i received Three year Graduation equivalency from WES for 3 year BCA degree. so am i able to chose "Two or more certificate,diploma, or degree" option
Yes. Enter this degree with Canadian equivalency as Bachelor's as per WES ECA report. For the other one, select "2 year program at a university or college....". You'll automatically get points for "Two or more certificate,diploma, or degree"

manidhiman

Jul 23, 2018
Hi all,

I have done my 4 year bachelors from India and 6 months post graduation diploma course in advanced computing. Will I be eligible for two or more degree category? please reply ASAP.

thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all,

I have done my 4 year bachelors from India and 6 months post graduation diploma course in advanced computing. Will I be eligible for two or more degree category? please reply ASAP.

thanks
Only way to know is to get your ECA done for then.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi all,

thanks
Most likely the diploma will be evaluated as college level(one semester) but do send both since there is no harm. You never know.

pranjeet2013

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

I have done 3 years diploma and 3 years Bachelors degree(lateral entry) in India. Will I be eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." ?

Rishi@1806

Apr 6, 2018
All,

Below is a summary for ECA. Can you help me understand if I should file for both education level or just one? One of the education has resulted in 'from: non-recognized institution'. Thanks for the help.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS 1. Name on Credential: Rishi Vinayak
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Business Management Year: 2013
Awarded By: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Major/Specialization: Business Management Canadian Equivalency:
Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

Name on Credential: Rishi Vinayak Credential
Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology Year: 2013
Awarded By: Symbiosis International University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Jul 24, 2018
Hello ,

I have done 3 years diploma from university in India. WES result: 2 years diploma ( diploma )

And I have done 2 years diploma from Canada .
What should I select in highest level of education ?
Please help .
Hi PaEarth,

I have similar profile like you, please help me if you can as I am stuck with the option for highest level of education.

Jul 24, 2018
Hello ,
I have done 3 years diploma from university in India. WES result: 2 years diploma ( diploma )

Please help .

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
All,

Below is a summary for ECA. Can you help me understand if I should file for both education level or just one? One of the education has resulted in 'from: non-recognized institution'. Thanks for the help.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS 1. Name on Credential: Rishi Vinayak
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Business Management Year: 2013
Awarded By: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Major/Specialization: Business Management Canadian Equivalency:
Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

Name on Credential: Rishi Vinayak Credential
Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology Year: 2013
Awarded By: Symbiosis International University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Your report must show that your foreign credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential. If it does, you must include the result and reference number in your Express Entry profile.

If your report shows that your credential isn’t equal to a completed Canadian credential or the foreign educational institution is not recognized:
  • you won’t meet the education requirement under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • you won’t get any points for it
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello ,

Please help .
You won't receive "Two or more degree points" because to be eligible for this particular option, you need to have at least one Canadian credential which is 3 or more years long or evaluated as same. Your highest education is "Two year program.....". Enter both credentials in EE profile, you will receive 15 Canadian study points for your two years Canadian diploma credential.

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
Hi,

I have done 3 years diploma and 3 years Bachelors deg
ree(lateral entry)
in India. Will I be eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." ?[/QUOTE

I also have same question.IN WES report I hve got diploma 2 years and bachelors 4 years.
But I am in doubt ,if I receive ITA as it is being recognized in EE profile as two diploma/degree and I have got points for that.NOw my question is that it wont create problem after ITA and anybody has got PR from this process.

nehagautam

Jul 26, 2018
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.

Hey,

I have a similar case, I have a 3years of Diploma in 'Communication" from SV Polytechnic Bhopal college and I have 3 years of Engineering in similar branch 'Electronics of Telecommunication' from SGSITS College Indore, Am I eligible for "Two or more certificates/diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of three years" ?

Sachinjmt4

Jul 29, 2018
Hi
I have created express entry profile and I got points for my two credentials.My CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is diploma(2 years) and Bachelors(4 years) and my credential analysis section is same as yours.So you can ask wes to update your summary and after that you can claim
points for two or more category
Hii,
I have also done 3 yrs diploma and 3 yrs b tech but tell me from where you got work experience....

AdilHK

Jul 11, 2018
Helo seniors..
I have done my 4 year bachelors from India and 1 year post graduation diploma course. Will I be eligible for two are more degree categorie?
Thanks in advance.
Hey,

Which 1 year post graduate diploma did you do ?

Regards
Adil Khan