+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

wa90de

Jul 15, 2018
hello,
guys see if you can help me with this i'm really struggling
i have a 3 year certificate, if i get a short period certificate related to my field, like three month programs, can i increase my points in CRS?

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.
I think you should just stick to what your ECA report states, it it states for example a degree and a diploma you mention both degrees in your CIC profile then the system will calculate the points all by himself.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have a 3 year bachelor degree and a post graduate certificate(one semester)

Does this qualify for two or more degrees?

jbm00768

Jan 7, 2015
hi i have a question
I done 3year BCA graduation from India and got my evaluation from wes
Second i also done 2 year post secondary diploma from Canada.
so am i eligible to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option or not
please answer if anyone know

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
hi i have a question
I done 3year BCA graduation from India and got my evaluation from wes
Second i also done 2 year post secondary diploma from Canada.
so am i eligible to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option or not
please answer if anyone know
Did you get a 3-year or 4-year Graduation equivalence from WES for your BCA degree? If yes, you'll be able to claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". But if you have got 2-year degree equivalence, then you'll not be able to as your Canadian diploma is also for 2 years, and you need at least one 3-year degree for that option.

Reactions: naresh67

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi!

My friend is having a little trouble with the education aspect of this express entry system. So this the background:

He has a Bachelor's degree from outside Canada and WES has assessed as such
He also has a 2 yr Diploma in Canada

Now when calculating the CRS score, which is the correct option to select for this question: What is your level of education?

Is it going to be Bachelor's Degree (3 or more year program...) OR Two or more certificates, degrees or diploma. One must be for 3 or more years

It's a bit tricky because there is the next option for Canadian degree/diploma/certificate.

I appreciate your feedback

Naim82

Jul 18, 2018
Hi
I have created express entry profile and I got points for my two credentials.My CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is diploma(2 years) and Bachelors(4 years) and my credential analysis section is same as yours.So you can ask wes to update your summary and after that you can claim
points for two or more category
Hi
I am not able to see that category of two or more in the drop down menu. Can you help me out

Naim82

Jul 18, 2018
yes it is legible. you will get points.
Hi

I have got an ECA report from WES that shows Diploma ( two years ) and Bachelors Degree ( four years ). But when I created my express entry profile I was not able to see that option of TWO OR MORE in the drop down list. As I understand from some forum, this option is removed. Can someone confirm if this option is available or removed in actual express entry application form.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi

I have got an ECA report from WES that shows Diploma ( two years ) and Bachelors Degree ( four years ). But when I created my express entry profile I was not able to see that option of TWO OR MORE in the drop down list. As I understand from some forum, this option is removed. Can someone confirm if this option is available or removed in actual express entry application form.
In EE profile, add two separate education credentials and provide the ECA equivalence as per WES report for each of them. System will automatically calculate points for "Two or more degrees.."

Naim82

Jul 18, 2018
In EE profile, add two separate education credentials and provide the ECA equivalence as per WES report for each of them. System will automatically calculate points for "Two or more degrees.."
Hi

I have added two separate education credentials and the score they calculated is 112 which I think is only for Bachelors degree. For two or more the score would be more right

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi

I have added two separate education credentials and the score they calculated is 112 which I think is only for Bachelors degree. For two or more the score would be more right
With spouse, you should get 119 points for "Two or more degrees...", for Bachelor's it is 112 points. Can you please tell what are the options you are selecting from drop-down for the two credentials against the ECA equivalency field?

Naim82

Jul 18, 2018
Fo
With spouse, you should get 119 points for "Two or more degrees...", for Bachelor's it is 112 points. Can you please tell what are the options you are selecting from drop-down for the two credentials against the ECA equivalency field?
For bachelors degree

Bachelors degree or a three or more year program at a university

For diploma

Secondary diploma ( high school graduation )

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Fo

For bachelors degree

Bachelors degree or a three or more year program at a university

For diploma

Secondary diploma ( high school graduation )
For diploma, select the following option. The one you've selected is for High School and that do not add point for "Two or more degrees..."

"Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

naresh67

Jul 17, 2018
Hi

I have a bachelors degree and planning to increase my CRS score by getting Post Graduation Certificate Program in BIG DATA Analytics from INSOFE.
INSOFE is not accredited by AICTE. Least they could come up with regards to recognition is Certified for quality of course by Language Technologies Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, USA but it is regarded as one of the best Big Data certificate across the Globe
My query is will the PGP certificate from INSOFE be a valid certificate in ECV and push me to two or more certificates,degrees

Thanks in advance

Mohammadhj88

Jul 18, 2018
Dear all,

I have my ECA report as "Canadian bachelor", I'm planning to take online certificate for 9 month in a Canadian university in order to boost my score?

Any issue with this approach? Specifically, is there a specific requirement for the certificate duration (9 month)?

If all ok, Canadian certificate wouldn't be assessed in ECA neither considered as a Canadian as it is online, so what best to be filled in EE profile ?

Thanks in advance