+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

jedel singh

Jul 1, 2018
Hi ,
Can you please let me know if I can choose the option of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" with below ECA results or should I request WES to do another summary report :

Equivalency Summary
Bachelors Degree (4years)

Credential Analysis
1.Bachelors Degree
Length of Program 3years
Canadian Equivalency : Bachelors Degree (3years)

2.Masters of Arts (2years)
Length of Program 2years
Canadian Equivalency : Bachelors Degree (4years)

I will lose points if I select the option of only bachelors in CRS. Can someone please advise best way to score higher with given situation..
did you got the points under Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi Friends,

I am Karuna. I want to know about my education Credential for Canada WES. Below are my education details.

1. I completed 10th Class in 2007
2. I did intermediate in a vocational course - 2007 to 2009(2 years). After I wrote E-CET exam and got rank. I joined lateral entry in diploma in Mechanical.
3. I did Diploma in mechanical - 2009 to 2011(2years.But I got 3 years of a certificate from the board). After I wrote Engineering E-CET exam and got rank. I joined lateral entry in B.tech In Mechanical.
4. I did Bachelors in Mechanical from 2011 to 2014 (3 Years).

Can I get "Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)" for my education?

Please reply to me friends. Thanks.
Similar to me and I got the 2 or more post secondary degrees or diplomas

Reactions: kARUNA123@#$

Tajjy

Jul 5, 2017
Did anyone has done ECA(wes) for BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in strategic management and leadership awarded by pearson,UK. Please let me know what are the results. What does it count under two or more certificates or ??

Ktpatel91

May 24, 2018
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.

what was the verdict?

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
I have the same issue.

My ECA says Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's (4 years). Can i select 2 or more certificates option ? Or just the bachelor's option?

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
I have the same issue.

My ECA says Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's (4 years). Can i select 2 or more certificates option ? Or just the bachelor's option?
Can you write your education qualification from 10th to your higher degree with board and country? so that We can understand and tell you accurate information for ECA for Express Entry?

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
Can you write your education qualification from 10th to your higher degree with board and country? so that We can understand and tell you accurate information for ECA for Express Entry?
I did my 10th in 2008, then i did a 3 year diploma in computer engineering from 2008-2011 from punjab state board of technical education. India

Then i got lateral entry in punjab technical university for computer science and engineering from 2011 - 2014.

My ECA report says, "Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's (4 years)". Let me know if i qualify for 2 or more certificate or bachelor's only??

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
I did my 10th in 2008, then i did a 3 year diploma in computer engineering from 2008-2011 from punjab state board of technical education. India

Then i got lateral entry in punjab technical university for computer science and engineering from 2011 - 2014.

My ECA report says, "Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's (4 years)". Let me know if i qualify for 2 or more certificate or bachelor's only??
So many people with the same qualification got "Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)" Please mail me to this email: karunapedamajjip@gmail.com. so that We could discuss about it.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

Yes it does qualify you for the 2 or more

cherie huang

Jul 8, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-08-2018
Hi everyone,

I have related question on this topic. I have completed a 4 years program from University of Toronto Mississauga and earned a degree as well as two certificates from Sheridan College because this was a joint program between UTM and Sheridan. In this case, am I qualified for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option?

Any advice or feedback would be great! Thanks!

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
Hi..

This is my WES result :

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Name of Institution: University of Lucknow
Equivalency in Canada: Community College Diploma (3 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Arts

Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (3 years)

Kindly advice under CRS calculation whether I am eligible to select the option of “Two or more post‐secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials of three years or longer”

Also I am unable to understand that why WES considering BA as equivalent to community college diploma ? while the same BA from Delhi Or Calcutta university is considered as Bachelors 3 yrs

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi..

This is my WES result :

Credential 1

Credential 2

Kindly advice under CRS calculation whether I am eligible to select the option of “Two or more post‐secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials of three years or longer”

Also I am unable to understand that why WES considering BA as equivalent to community college diploma ? while the same BA from Delhi Or Calcutta university is considered as Bachelors 3 yrs
when you will your profile you'll enter them one by one. the system will tell you if it's two or more, you don't get to choose it yourself. but most probably it might

jedel singh

Jul 1, 2018
Hi..

This is my WES result :

Credential 1

Credential 2

Any up

jedel singh

Jul 1, 2018
Hi..

This is my WES result :

Credential 1

Credential 2

Any update? Have you applied under two or more option in EE