+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification of contract job

Andy Bandy

Oct 19, 2016
Hello.

I was hired by an XYZ company on contract for 6 months . After 6 months they extended my contract . So in total I have worked for 1 year (ie 12 months/1560 hours/52 weeks ) with them . I would like to know , if I am eligible for CEC for express entry . ?

When I am submit my profile post ITA , should I submit my offer letter and extended contract or should I ask my company to provide me one lettter stating that I was hired for one year contract .

Reactions: Shahidmustafa197

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I was hired by an XYZ company on contract for 6 months . After 6 months they extended my contract . So in total I have worked for 1 year (ie 12 months/1560 hours/52 weeks ) with them . I would like to know , if I am eligible for CEC for express entry . ?

When I am submit my profile post ITA , should I submit my offer letter and extended contract or should I ask my company to provide me one lettter stating that I was hired for one year contract .
There is one letter that is required of all applicants, a letter of reference/letter of employment written after you complete the year. A job offer letter written before you actually performed the work does not tell IRCC what they need to know. See the Proof of Work Experience section -

Some applicants are also eligible for extra points for having a "valid job offer" for FUTURE employment (after you become a PR). This is not the same thing as having a job in Canada, you have to meet different criteria depending on the type of work permit you have.

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
There is one letter that is required of all applicants, a letter of reference/letter of employment written after you complete the year. A job offer letter written before you actually performed the work does not tell IRCC what they need to know. See the Proof of Work Experience section -

Some applicants are also eligible for extra points for having a "valid job offer" for FUTURE employment (after you become a PR). This is not the same thing as having a job in Canada, you have to meet different criteria depending on the type of work permit you have.

Hi can you explain abit more about getting extra points for having a valid job after you become pr

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Andy Bandy

Oct 19, 2016

Many thanks for the response.

Actually my company isn't providing me an employment reference letter and I am having a tough time convincing my coworkers to write me a similar letter . Hence I am planning to have an self attested letter as well as attach supporting documents such as t4 , paystubs and my contracts.

However . I have one issue , my contract letter was not signed by my company HR . But it's on a letter head though. Would that be an issue ?

TIA.