+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification about : "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recent

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't know how many times I can tell you that they are not accompanying you until you're happy. So go ahead and put them as accompanying, and then when IRCC asks why they were not listed as accompanying on your PR, then try to explain that they were not accompanying.

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
I don't know how many times I can tell you that they are not accompanying you until you're happy. So go ahead and put them as accompanying, and then when IRCC asks why they were not listed as accompanying on your PR, then try to explain that they were not accompanying.
I was just asking what that new meaning meant, nothing extra. If i had known the meaning myself, i would not be asking it. And it definitely is not the same as all those posts people have posted all the way down to 2013. Really.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I was just asking what that new meaning meant, nothing extra. If i had known the meaning myself, i would not be asking it. And it definitely is not the same as all those posts people have posted all the way down to 2013. Really.
I know, I know. But they're not accompanying you. If they were accompanying you, you would have listed them as accompanying in your PR application. Just because they're travelling at the same time and may stay at the same hotel doesn't mean they are accompanying you because you would have had to list them as accompanying in your PR application.

If your intention, though, is to get them into Canada and then find a way to have them stay, whether it be through extension after extension or H&C application, then you should have listed them as accompanying.

Reactions: belleshoe

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
I know, I know. But they're not accompanying you. If they were accompanying you, you would have listed them as accompanying in your PR application. Just because they're travelling at the same time and may stay at the same hotel doesn't mean they are accompanying you because you would have had to list them as accompanying in your PR application.

If your intention, though, is to get them into Canada and then find a way to have them stay, whether it be through extension after extension or H&C application, then you should have listed them as accompanying.
Thanks alot for the clarifications and patience all this time! .. :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
hi
i am living in canada on work permit.. my mother on visitor visa from last 5 months i am applying visitor visa extension for few more months i am also confused on this question.. do i have to select YES OR NO.
Is there a reason why you think your situation is different than the others here and why advice to you would be different?

walterwhite86

Mar 1, 2021

I got my visitor visa in 2017 when single. Now I'm applying for a visitor visa for my wife; both outside of Canada. IRCC says "This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada, or has applied to come to Canada and has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student." Now, should I answer Yes as we're gonna travel together and I have been accepted as a visitor previously? Thanks.

Mann002

Jan 4, 2020
My spouse has a study visa ( may intake ) i m having a visitor visa can i travel to canada with her to settle her as mentioned on canada website that an immediate family can travel with a student ??

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
Hi,
I am currently on study permit and my wife is on work permit. We have bitter relationship now and hence i converted my dependent status to student. But, unfortunately i got less time for study duration so now i want to apply for study permit extention. We are not talking for last 1 year so though we are married we are not together. I also don’t hv her work permit. Now, while applying for my study permit extention, i got a question on which i am confused.
The question is “ Are you accompanying a family member who has a status in Canada ?
Now, she is on her seperate work permit and i have changed from dependent to study permit so i am not dependent on her and she is already in canada for last 2 years. So what should i write as an answer to this question? Is it yes or No?

Thank you in advance.

mosinsayyed

Oct 1, 2023
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? IHAVE ALREADY APPROVED TRV FOR CANADA AND I WANT MY WIFE AND MY SON ACCOMPANY ME TO EXPLORE TOURIST PLACES IN CANADA .WHO SHOULD I APPLY FOR THEM .I AM ALSO IN INDIA AND WANT GO THGEATHER WITH THEM . I AM THE PERSON WHO IS GOING TO SPONSER FOR THEM OR GOING TO PAY FOR THEM TO TRAVEL CANADA. CAN ANY ONE OF YOU HELP ME HOW TO APPLY OR THE PROCESS OR THE LINK VIDEO HOW TODO IT . I AM REALLY VERY CONFUSED . PLEASE HELP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? IHAVE ALREADY APPROVED TRV FOR CANADA AND I WANT MY WIFE AND MY SON ACCOMPANY ME TO EXPLORE TOURIST PLACES IN CANADA .WHO SHOULD I APPLY FOR THEM .I AM ALSO IN INDIA AND WANT GO THGEATHER WITH THEM . I AM THE PERSON WHO IS GOING TO SPONSER FOR THEM OR GOING TO PAY FOR THEM TO TRAVEL CANADA. CAN ANY ONE OF YOU HELP ME HOW TO APPLY OR THE PROCESS OR THE LINK VIDEO HOW TODO IT . I AM REALLY VERY CONFUSED . PLEASE HELP
DON”T TYPE IN CAPS - it means you are YELLING!!!

They apply for a TRV just like you did. They show their funds (your bank account), ties to home country (jobs, investments, tuition), travel history and reasons to travel. Why did you apply without them in the first place?

mosinsayyed

Oct 1, 2023
DON”T TYPE IN CAPS - it means you are YELLING!!!

They apply for a TRV just like you did. They show their funds (your bank account), ties to home country (jobs, investments, tuition), travel history and reasons to travel. Why did you apply without them in the first place?
yes because it was my first time apply by my self and i was little bit nurves.

you are telling me that i should apply there both trv file individual ......... means i have apply 2 files

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so 1st file for wife and
2nd for my son
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

See note about applying separately.

Do I have to apply separately for my family members?
Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.

Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada.