+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification about : "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recent

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am here in Canada as PR.
My parents and siblings (above 21 YO) are applying for a visit visa and they have this question below:

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

I'm confused if I let them answer YES or NO coz It says there -This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada, or has applied to come to Canada and has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student.

Help?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am here in Canada as PR.
My parents and siblings (above 21 YO) are applying for a visit visa and they have this question below:

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

I'm confused if I let them answer YES or NO coz It says there -This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada, or has applied to come to Canada and has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student.

Help?
They must answer 'No'. They are not *accompanying* you from their home country to Canada. The question is not about where they will stay

Jan 28, 2019
Trinidad

My mother will be accompanying me to get me settled in.She has been approved of a visitor visa.How do i answer this question? Also if i say "Yes" they ask for Proof of Relationship.Would i have to put my mother's birth paper as well as mines? I confused with this question.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

My mother will be accompanying me to get me settled in.She has been approved of a visitor visa.How do i answer this question? Also if i say "Yes" they ask for Proof of Relationship.Would i have to put my mother's birth paper as well as mines? I confused with this question.
Answer to the question is No, you are not accompanying anyone.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
What would the answer be if a non-accompanying family member travels together (on TRV) with a person who has status?
You may have missed a few details here. Do you mean "non-accompanying" on a PR application travelling on a TRV with a family member who is landing as PR?

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
You may have missed a few details here. Do you mean "non-accompanying" on a PR application travelling on a TRV with a family member who is landing as PR?
Ah yes, let me re-state that. So, if we have parents travelling on TRV (planning to travel on TRV) with a member who plans to land as a PR. Would they have to say that they are accompanying the family member?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ah yes, let me re-state that. So, if we have parents travelling on TRV (planning to travel on TRV) with a member who plans to land as a PR. Would they have to say that they are accompanying the family member?
Accompanying means "part of the same PR application, and will be staying with the PR applicant." it doesn't mean "travelling to Canada also"

Your parents would be accompanying you if you identified them as dependents on your PR application.

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Accompanying means "part of the same PR application, and will be staying with the PR applicant." it doesn't mean "travelling to Canada also"

Your parents would be accompanying you if you identified them as dependents on your PR application.
Cool, that clears part one of the doubt. So if they stay with me that's okay? And also if they travel with me same time that also?

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
If you read the rest of this thread of people asking the same question, what are your thoughts?
I did , i think, that is why i posted it :) . the first question: The PR is already in canada, his parents are not travelling with him. Second question: The parent already has the visa. It does not apply to my question. does it ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I did , i think, that is why i posted it :) . the first question: The PR is already in canada, his parents are not travelling with him. Second question: The parent already has the visa. It does not apply to my question. does it ?
So, would everyone on the airplane travelling with you at the same time be accompanying you? ;)

Like it has been said on every post in this thread: if they were not listed as accompanying you in your PR application, they are not accompanying you. It doesn't matter if they are travelling at the same time.

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
So, would everyone on the airplane travelling with you at the same time be accompanying you? ;)

Like it has been said on every post in this thread: if they were not listed as accompanying you in your PR application, they are not accompanying you. It doesn't matter if they are travelling at the same time.
haha No :D .. but thank you for clarifying it once more .. :) . Ah, does it matter if they stay with us ? No right?

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018

Another update: The "Accompanying" meaning as per the form i am looking at is: "Accompanying you means that this person intends to come to Canada at the same time as you." .. taking this into consideration, what does this actually mean?