+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming asylum on humanitarian grounds

Irshad Naqvi

Jan 16, 2019
Hi all, i am from Pakistan. i was doing government job for last 18 years as a telecom technician. Government had provided me accommodation, which was very safe for my family. This year i was diagnosed a severe cardiac problem which ends my job on medical grounds. So now me and my family returned back to our hometown. Here i am being threatened many a times because of my belief. My father was converted shia from sunni sect. Till now we are facing social boycott from community. Is there any possibility to get asylum in Canada? I have also Masters in Business Administration degree. Is Express entry to Canada is better option??

Reactions: Walibutt

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your cardiac problems nay pose a problem for Express Entry or any other form of immigration. Unless you can get a TRV, asylum isn’t really an option. If you can get to Canada and claim asylum, success will be based on how strong your basis of claim is and credibility.

Reactions: captains

Irshad Naqvi

Jan 16, 2019
Should i move with my family or alone? I have record of Police FIR. Is my cardiac problem will help me to get accepted my case on humanitarian basis?

Walibutt

Jan 17, 2019
Hey,guys
I'm from Pakistan.but I recently came from South Africa.i had my own shop of groceries.and here I also had a shop of women garments.but now things is gone down.i'm suffering wd my family.bcz of without job,I'm not that person who showing fake story to just get a asylum.i'm a real person.the question is why I choose Canada?ans.bcz 1st thing is Canada is beautiful country and they know how to operate there things.they are different from all other countries.bcz they know how to deal and how to behave with humans emotion.i need a asylum to stay there.to watch more beauty of this dream country.
Thanks for reading my reply
God bless u all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Should i move with my family or alone? I have record of Police FIR. Is my cardiac problem will help me to get accepted my case on humanitarian basis?
If you want to use your cardiac issues to claim PR under H&C, I think the chances of approval will likely be low. Also, under the H&C program, you don't qualify for provincial health care until you have first stage approval, which seems to be taking 14+ months these days. Until then - you would be responsible for paying for all of your health care in Canada yourself which can get extremely expensive very fast. You also won't be able to work in Canada until you have first stage approval. You must be in Canada to apply for PR under H&C - so you would have to travel here on a TRV (tourist visa) which may be difficult to obtain. If you apply for the TRV alone (without your family) and are approved and travel here on there TRV - you should expect to be separated from your family for several years.

Irshad Naqvi

Jan 16, 2019
Thank You very much sir for giving me such a valuable information. It seems very long period for first stage approval...14+ months. So during this period if i will not have permission for work, how will i bear expenditure of living, food, medical, legal fee and any other. Is there any solution? Sir, i,ll wait for your reply.

Shirlaud

Apr 16, 2017
Thank You very much sir for giving me such a valuable information. It seems very long period for first stage approval...14+ months. So during this period if i will not have permission for work, how will i bear expenditure of living, food, medical, legal fee and any other. Is there any solution? Sir, i,ll wait for your reply.
No you are not allowed to work until you are granted a work permit. First approval takes months. Its also not guaranteed. So unless you have means to support yourself and a strong case for asylum approval...its not your best choice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, i am from Pakistan. i was doing government job for last 18 years as a telecom technician. Government had provided me accommodation, which was very safe for my family. This year i was diagnosed a severe cardiac problem which ends my job on medical grounds. So now me and my family returned back to our hometown. Here i am being threatened many a times because of my belief. My father was converted shia from sunni sect. Till now we are facing social boycott from community. Is there any possibility to get asylum in Canada? I have also Masters in Business Administration degree. Is Express entry to Canada is better option??
You must show that you have tried to relocate in Pakistan before claiming you need asylum in another country. Your life must be in danger for asylum to get asylum not just a social boycott. Your bigger issue would be getting a visa to get to Canada. It is incredibly different and without strong ties to Pakistan, like a longterm good job, you will likely be refused.

Reactions: Irshad Naqvi

Irshad Naqvi

Jan 16, 2019
Th
You must show that you have tried to relocate in Pakistan before claiming you need asylum in another country. Your life must be in danger for asylum to get asylum not just a social boycott. Your bigger issue would be getting a visa to get to Canada. It is incredibly different and without strong ties to Pakistan, like a longterm good job, you will likely be refused.
Thanx a lot for your guideline

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hey,guys
I'm from Pakistan.but I recently came from South Africa.i had my own shop of groceries.and here I also had a shop of women garments.but now things is gone down.i'm suffering wd my family.bcz of without job,I'm not that person who showing fake story to just get a asylum.i'm a real person.the question is why I choose Canada?ans.bcz 1st thing is Canada is beautiful country and they know how to operate there things.they are different from all other countries.bcz they know how to deal and how to behave with humans emotion.i need a asylum to stay there.to watch more beauty of this dream country.
Thanks for reading my reply
God bless u all
Is your life being threatened or are you being persecuted for something? Not having a job is not a valid enough reason for asylum.