+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim 50 points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I'm working for an employer for almost 1 year under a PGWP I would like to know if I can get 50 points for a job offer if I get a closed work permit with them, can anyone give me guidance? I was thinking I can switch my role in the company for a LMIA-exempt job offer and that way get the 5o points, thank you in advance.
How are you eligible for a LMIA exempt permit from inside Canada? You need an approved LMIA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was thinking because my country, Colombia, has a free trade agreement a most of the professions are LMIA exempt.
You need to work at least another year if you leave Canada, re-enter with job offer under the exemption (if approved at border) to claim 50 points. You need the LMIA exemption first and then work one year in Canada. Then you ask for new job offer and claim the 50 points.

lekker141

Nov 11, 2020
No im not planning to leave canada I was wondering if its possible to apply for a close work permit with current employer eventhough I have a pgwp just to support my PR application under the CEC and get the job offer points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No im not planning to leave canada I was wondering if its possible to apply for a close work permit with current employer eventhough I have a pgwp just to support my PR application under the CEC and get the job offer points
You can’t claim 50 points on a LMIA exemption until you have the approved exemption, work permit and have worked in Canada on that permit for at least a year. At that time you need a new job offer with guaranteed full time employment until you get PR. If you get a LMIA from your employer, you can claim the 50 points.

lekker141

Nov 11, 2020
Oh OK that's clear now, thanks a lot for your explanation, on the other hand do you know about something related with waiving the LMIA fee when it is to support a PR application?

ihrudai

Apr 17, 2017
I’m currently on open WP currently working for an employer( Company A) in Canada in NOC B job and opened up my profile. Since I didn’t meet the CRS score, I got an LMIA from a different employer ( Company B). Can I use this LMIA to claim 50 points, while working for company A on PGWP? I don’t have plans to leave my current job and start working for the employer who gave an LMIA for me.

sjrane

Jul 8, 2021
Hello Raghav

I am in the same situation now.

I am on LMIA Exempt job offer which is valid till March 2024. My company is ready to provide a letter employment and they will provide below details in that letter.
Can I still use it claim 50 points?
my present SCR score is 418 (excluding 50 points). NOC 21231 . What is the chance of getting PR in CEC class and when I can expect it?

First Name (as per Passport):
Last Name (as per Passport):
Country of Citizenship:
EMC Start Date:
start date:
Current Job Title must match work permit:
Work Location City:
Current Job Duties:-
-
-
-
Have you ever taken any extended period of leave? If yes, please, indicate the exact dates of leave and the reason
Salary
Number of hours worked per week
Number of vacation days per year
Manager's Name
Attach your resume
Attach a copy of all issued Canadian work permits
Attach the biographic page of your passport

Abbas tayefeh

Oct 7, 2023
Hi friends

I am outside canada and I got a job offer last year which was based on LMIA and then I claimed 50 extra points in express entry system

Then by these 50 extra points,I got an ITA under FSW in express entry

and now I’m waiting for both close work permit visa and PR visa
My eligibility has been passed and just my background check is in progress in pr application.

in my employment offer it hasn’t written this job offer is valid for at least 1 year after getting PR . It has just written that it is a full time, permanent position.

And in my lmia it has just written that duration of employment is 2 years

And also in my contract it has said that it is a position as full time basis.

I want to know if my 50 extra points is right or not?
Will my pr visa be rejected?