+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim 50 points

helpcanadapr

Jul 5, 2022
Hi,

I am on closed work permit with 2173 NOC and is valid till 2024. I am about to complete 1 year in Canada.

Am I eligible for 50 points?

Letter which I got from my employer says

My Name, position, salary, date of hire in Canada and employment status as Permanent Full Time

Will it be enough or do I need something else? Is there any sample which is used?

Please help!!

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi,

I am on closed work permit with 2173 NOC and is valid till 2024. I am about to complete 1 year in Canada.

Am I eligible for 50 points?

Letter which I got from my employer says

My Name, position, salary, date of hire in Canada and employment status as Permanent Full Time

Will it be enough or do I need something else? Is there any sample which is used?

Please help!!
No , please read the ircc website of the job offer requirements here at - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

What you have is the letter of employment but not a valid job offer it seems

Last edited:

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Can your letter from employment Refer your job offer as well which should be. 1 year from date you receive PR

helpcanadapr

Jul 5, 2022
According to page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer - Yes
  • continuous - Yes
  • paid - Yes
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week) - Yes
  • not seasonal - Yes
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa - Yes, valid till 2024 and is permanent full time
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B - Yes
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you: - Yes
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit - Yes
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - Yes
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa - Do I need to ask my employer about this letter or Permanent Full Time will work?
All above conditions are met, according to you which one is not met as it is Full Time permanent position?

Do you have sample which can be used if I need to ask HR about it?

Last edited:

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
According to page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer - Yes
  • continuous - Yes
  • paid - Yes
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week) - Yes
  • not seasonal - Yes
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa - Yes, valid till 2024 and is permanent full time
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B - Yes
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you: - Yes
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit - Yes
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - Yes
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa - Do I need to ask my employer about this letter or Permanent Full Time will work?
All above conditions are met, according to you which one is not met as it is Full Time permanent position?

Do you have sample which can be used if I need to ask HR about it?
Question - what's valid till 2024? your current work permit? it also says "
  • You can’t use the same job offer letter that you used to get your work permit.
If you have a recent letter from the company which has all these conditions and it also states that you have this job offer for at least one year after IRCC issues a permanent residency visa then only it will be accepted and just permanent-full time wont work as there are many people who come here from a company on a full time status but they dont really have an indefinite job offer from the company which is what the IRCC wants

Reactions: helpcanadapr

helpcanadapr

Jul 5, 2022
Question - what's valid till 2024? your current work permit? it also says "
  • You can’t use the same job offer letter that you used to get your work permit.
If you have a recent letter from the company which has all these conditions and it also states that you have this job offer for at least one year after IRCC issues a permanent residency visa then only it will be accepted and just permanent-full time wont work as there are many people who come here from a company on a full time status but they dont really have an indefinite job offer from the company which is what the IRCC wants
Do you have any sample for it? It will be really helpful!!

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
On company letter head with a date and address/phone/fax info

Dear sir/madam,

Re: <>

DOB:

Proof of Employment and Job Offer Letter

We are writing this proof of employment and job offer letter in support of Mr. <> Permanent Resident application. Subject to business considerations such as performance and client needs, we expect Mr. <>’s employment with <company> to continue should he be permitted to immigrate to Canada for an indeterminate period (and at least one year after obtaining permanent residency).

Name:

Canada Hire Date:

Original Hire Date:

Job Title:

Employee Number:

Weekly Working Hours:

Employment Status:
Full Time

Separation Date: N/A

NOC:

Current Office Location:

Proposed Office Location:

Annual Base Salary:
<>$ CAD. The employee may also be eligible for pay increases and bonuses annually as determined by the company and that are consistent with current market and corporate standards.

Mr. <> job title is XXXX, and the job duties of this position are as follows:

xxx
xxx
xxx

Mr. <> will continue to work for 40-hours a week and will be paid an annual salary of $<> Canadian dollars. Mr. <> will also receive company benefits that include health insurance and this is a permanent full-time position. In addition, Mr. <>will be transferred to our <> office as soon as possible once his permanent residency application is approved and, Mr. <> being a ‘Full-Time’ employee will continue to work with the same job duties mentioned above post his transfer to the office in <city >at <address>” with no separation date set with the company and for at least one year once Mr. <name >obtains permanent residency.

If you should have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned by e-mail <supervisor email> or by phone at <supervisor phone number>

Yours truly,

<Supervisor /HR name>

<Supervisor/HR Title>

<Company Name>

Digital Signature in the PDF document

helpcanadapr

Jul 5, 2022
[/QUOTE]
On company letter head with a date and address/phone/fax info

Dear sir/madam,

Re: <>

DOB:

Proof of Employment and Job Offer Letter

We are writing this proof of employment and job offer letter in support of Mr. <> Permanent Resident application. Subject to business considerations such as performance and client needs, we expect Mr. <>’s employment with <company> to continue should he be permitted to immigrate to Canada for an indeterminate period (and at least one year after obtaining permanent residency).

Name:

Canada Hire Date:

Original Hire Date:

Job Title:

Employee Number:

Weekly Working Hours:

Employment Status:
Full Time

Separation Date: N/A

NOC:

Current Office Location:

Proposed Office Location:

Annual Base Salary:
<>$ CAD. The employee may also be eligible for pay increases and bonuses annually as determined by the company and that are consistent with current market and corporate standards.

Mr. <> job title is XXXX, and the job duties of this position are as follows:

xxx
xxx
xxx

Mr. <> will continue to work for 40-hours a week and will be paid an annual salary of $<> Canadian dollars. Mr. <> will also receive company benefits that include health insurance and this is a permanent full-time position. In addition, Mr. <>will be transferred to our <> office as soon as possible once his permanent residency application is approved and, Mr. <> being a ‘Full-Time’ employee will continue to work with the same job duties mentioned above post his transfer to the office in <city >at <address>” with no separation date set with the company and for at least one year once Mr. <name >obtains permanent residency.

If you should have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned by e-mail <supervisor email> or by phone at <supervisor phone number>

Yours truly,

<Supervisor /HR name>

<Supervisor/HR Title>

<Company Name>

Digital Signature in the PDF document
Thank you for your help, appreciate it!!

Last edited:

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I am in the same situation, but does the employer need to apply for a new LMIA ? I have been working for my company for a year , and lmia is expired.

1.Is it enough to claim 50 points if I have the job offer from my current employer? ( the job offer that meets ircc requirements)
2. does my employer still have to get a new LMIA ?

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Based on ircc website, we don't need new lmia?? We need only New job offer letter from employer??

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: sjrane

lekker141

Nov 11, 2020
Hi, I'm working for an employer for almost 1 year under a PGWP I would like to know if I can get 50 points for a job offer if I get a closed work permit with them, can anyone give me guidance? I was thinking I can switch my role in the company for a LMIA-exempt job offer and that way get the 5o points, thank you in advance.