+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Tracker-Background Check - fingerprints processing took too long

Ahmed Ra

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I was asked to submit fingerprints for my citizenship application in June and submitted and received on June 27th 2023, until now nothing was updated on my application and only the Last Updated date changes and last date it was updated was 3 day ago. My family got the ceremony on the same day of the update except me and we are all on the same file. Anyone had similar situation or know when this can be resolved and when will probably get my application done. I only have the citizenship test as green completed.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

I was asked to submit fingerprints for my citizenship application in June and submitted and received on June 27th 2023, until now nothing was updated on my application and only the Last Updated date changes and last date it was updated was 3 day ago. My family got the ceremony on the same day of the update except me and we are all on the same file. Anyone had similar situation or know when this can be resolved and when will probably get my application done. I only have the citizenship test as green completed.
Call or order gcms to confirm whether your criminality is passed or not. If it passed then it means second component of your background (i.e. security) is in process which takes only longer if extended check is carried out by CSIS ( aka security screening, takes 8-10 months).
If criminality is not passed yet, then contact rcmp first to ask about your fp you have share the reference no. with them, if they confirm that they fwded to IRCC, then may be IRCC didn't updated the results, then fwd rcmp reply email to the email address you received fp request, and they will update the result and process criminality.

Reactions: adbcca

Ahmed Ra

Feb 1, 2021
The IRCC already received it and it says on the tracker results received and will review them shortly which it was 4 months ago since June.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
The IRCC already received it and it says on the tracker results received and will review them shortly which it was 4 months ago since June.
OK, if on tracker result received (criminality passed), AND BG is still in process, then it means your security is in process, given the ample time it took, highly likely its SS (Security Screening) that takes 8-10 months now from around the date you received FP req (criminality start date). Good luck, and I'm also at 9th month being in SS. It was taking 6-8 months until August, now there seems a halt or pause as we havent seen any recent case of SS being passed by CSIS.

PS: post March, 2023 AOR cases are being processed swiftly, and didnt seen any went to SS, but the legends from 2022. So if you are Q4, 2022 applicant its for sure SS.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
hopefully you get BG completed same. Same boat but I am an Sep 2023 AOR
Not same boat time-wise, you folks the 2023 ones are blue-eyed to the IRCC, while 2022's are blacksheeps to this lottery, LOL. No worries you will be done in few weeks.

Last edited:

dwighter

Jul 21, 2021
My AOR was Oct 31, Fingerprints requested Nov 12 and received Dec 14, no any update since then...