+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline-Saskatoon, SK

bokkie

Sep 10, 2013
With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps I can provide some perspective. I understand all the anxieties and uncertainties with regards to this process (I have certainly been there) that have been voiced on this thread (suresure and the like). But one of the more frustrating and less constructive things you can do is compare anecdotal one-off experiences. The reality is that we will likely never know what happens behind the scenes at the CIC offices, and what the rationales are for certain applications moving longer/shorter than others through specific milestones.

I know its pretty easy to get hung up on specifics like when the file got transferred to the local office, but what probably happens is that they will sit on that file until it reaches expiration in terms of general processing times. Take my case - it took 1 year to go from AOR to in process, and then 4 months from local office to test. The only thing you can say with any [80%] certainty is that your application will be complete in 24 months. I came in in 24 months with FP request, as did ,in all likelihood, 80% of the people on this site. anything less than that and you are lucky.

Having dealt with CIC for the better part of 8 years I am happy to be done with them, but it certainly has been a lesson in humility, trust and patience. Citizenship is not a right, but a privilege, and once this process is done, and it will be; in time, you can wear all these experiences as a badge of honour.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
finaly we can see oath schedule for saskatoon city into cic web. its on 9th Oct. any body waiting in saskatoon for oath after test??

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redstone said:
finaly we can see oath schedule for saskatoon city into cic web. its on 9th Oct. any body waiting in saskatoon for oath after test??
probably for people who wrote on sept 9

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I agree with Bookie,
it's case by case approach
my case was easy because I never been outside Canada since I become PR. Single ,,,etc even with that the complete process will be 1 year and half ( still close to 24 months
The background check will depend from person to another ...it's how quickly they get the information from other organization
I don't think that they have interest to process faster for a specific person.

Best of luck

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
bokkie said:
With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps I can provide some perspective. I understand all the anxieties and uncertainties with regards to this process (I have certainly been there) that have been voiced on this thread (suresure and the like). But one of the more frustrating and less constructive things you can do is compare anecdotal one-off experiences. The reality is that we will likely never know what happens behind the scenes at the CIC offices, and what the rationales are for certain applications moving longer/shorter than others through specific milestones.

I know its pretty easy to get hung up on specifics like when the file got transferred to the local office, but what probably happens is that they will sit on that file until it reaches expiration in terms of general processing times. Take my case - it took 1 year to go from AOR to in process, and then 4 months from local office to test. The only thing you can say with any [80%] certainty is that your application will be complete in 24 months. I came in in 24 months with FP request, as did ,in all likelihood, 80% of the people on this site. anything less than that and you are lucky.

Having dealt with CIC for the better part of 8 years I am happy to be done with them, but it certainly has been a lesson in humility, trust and patience. Citizenship is not a right, but a privilege, and once this process is done, and it will be; in time, you can wear all these experiences as a badge of honour.
Thanks!

You got test 3 months right after your file transferred to local office, but my/our files have been waiting for almost 1 year in local office, how can you explain?
Thanks

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
what is the current waiting for sk office?

still 1 year from submitted to test?
or 1 year from LOT to test?

anyone has experience?

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
amerzd said:
Here is my status;

Applied in Nov 2013
File transferred in S'Toon in Mar 2014

Called helpline last week:
Agent told me very limited information which included: You should receive CIC EXAM WRITE request in these two months, call us back in November if you don't receive anything from us. (Also there is no guarantee that you are going to get test invite but chances are that would get it by October 2014)

Now you guys can make guess and put some light what's going on here...
did you get atip?

did you ask the reason why keep you waiting?

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
did anyone receive test in the next few months?

there was just one text in sep, just one, since April.

anyone who applied in late 2013 still have news?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
did anyone contact local office directly to ask why?

Thanks
Suresure - take this from me because you seem to be restless, lol - You will get your Citizenship with 22-24 months from the date you submitted your application... If you submitted your application in Sept 2013, you will be a Citizen (if you meet CIC's requirements) by Sept 2015.... if they schedule your test in June 2015 or April 2015, does not matter... They will try to meet the 24 months deadline. This is how Saskatoon office has been operating. Do not compare one office with others. The way Saskatoon works is - they collect applications received in few months, say for 5 months and conduct tests because there are not too many applicants.... So probably in January or April 2015, they will conduct the tests for people who applied Sept 2013 to Dec 2013.... kinda sorta...

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
sept15 said:
Suresure - take this from me because you seem to be restless, lol - You will get your Citizenship with 22-24 months from the date you submitted your application... If you submitted your application in Sept 2013, you will be a Citizen (if you meet CIC's requirements) by Sept 2015.... if they schedule your test in June 2015 or April 2015, does not matter... They will try to meet the 24 months deadline. This is how Saskatoon office has been operating. Do not compare one office with others. The way Saskatoon works is - they collect applications received in few months, say for 5 months and conduct tests because there are not too many applicants.... So probably in January or April 2015, they will conduct the tests for people who applied Sept 2013 to Dec 2013.... kinda sorta...
how many people do they need to wait for? 100?200?
if they just have only 10 people per month, for example, they can schedule test for those 10 people every month, should not need to wait for 6-12 months for a test, right?
GTA has much more people, but they received test 1 month after LOT, do you have any experience on that? Thanks

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
I found that people here who received RQ from sk office they received the RQ immediately right after the file transferred to local office,
so far I did not hear anything from local, I am afraid that they lost my application, is it possible?

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
once they upload status into website there is no change to lost . I think you will be in next test schedule in saskatoon.