+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Resumption Prediction

Sep 1, 2020
Can anyone, maybe a lawyer or government employee, make a prediction on the citizenship test based on empirical data, rather than gut feeling? I really am getting anxious that it really will take 2 years from start to finish..

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Nope...

Oaths seem to be going quite fast now. They got that thing on tracks. After a while, they will have no queued Oaths anymore and will have to direct their attention to those waiting for tests...

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone, maybe a lawyer or government employee, make a prediction on the citizenship test based on empirical data, rather than gut feeling? I really am getting anxious that it really will take 2 years from start to finish..
No prediction can work...

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Submit an access to information request and ask for all documents related to citizenship test resumption or plans around this. This is the only way to know what the government is really doing. Anything else is guesswork and hunches.

Reactions: Flandernss

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
ho
Submit an access to information request and ask for all documents related to citizenship test resumption or plans around this. This is the only way to know what the government is really doing. Anything else is guesswork and hunches.
how to submit this ?

anilpande

Oct 27, 2010
Based on their opening up of the govt. offices gradually, I am expecting them to resume the citizenship tests by this month end or coming up with a news about it.

Needless to say, I am also guessing about it as there is no other way to be sure of it.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Speculation and passive waiting are not the solution.

Speculation is based on nothing, you want to lie to yourself and believe that the world is like the Telletubies universe with a happy ending? ... This is wrong, wake up!

Back to reallty: Learn about code 699 + the power of the union of federal employees.

Read this article:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/federal-employees-really-nervous-about-returning-to-office-during-pandemic-pipsc-1.5083160

So to answer you: Most certainly years and years if you remain silent and passive.

Reactions: JHT

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
The 44th Canadian federal election will take place on or before October 16, 2023. This is As per Google.

What are you talking about ? ... I remind everyone that the current Liberal government is in the minority situation, and that the pressure of opposition's partys continues because of the We Charity scandal (Unis).

This government can fall at any time. Never in Canadian history has a minority government completed its entire term of office, never.

There will already be a vote of confidence for the throne speech in a few days, with a vote of confidence.

And also another in the spring (if he ever survives the first), for an economic update ... In short, the government risks falling at any time!

** Horror scenario that I do not hope for, of course, but which unfortunately remains very possible: If ever it is a majority conservative government that wins, there is a serious risk that it will retroactively change the laws of immigration, (it has happened in the past), and that our envelopes be returned to us with reimbursement, as we are more qualified for the new and more difficult citizenship requirements.

I also remind you that O'toole, the new leader of the conservative party, won the leadership with the support of very right-wing, anti-abortion and pro-gun groups .... Just saying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to preduct when tests will return. If people wore their masks, social distanced, quarantined properly, did not fly if they potentially had covid, etc. the tests would start much faster. Only so much any access to information can tell you. It is always going to be dependent on the covid levels like many things in Canada at the moment.