+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
pongpong said:
I just did my test last Aug 31 and my status now has been changed to decision made. i hope its positive!
I am sure its positive, they don't just reject files after two days of giving exam and/or with out a hearing...so you should be good. Its just a waiting game now for the oath invitation. A lot of people have the statuses changed to Decision Made but still waiting for the oath ceremony letters....

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
So...a week after i get a nasty Officer to interview me, I get "Decision made"..go figure.

So now its the wait for oath...however, and all you Edmonton applicants think about this, CIC is putting on a "Citizenship Week" the week before the federal elections. So Edmonton may be stacking the approved applications up just for that week alone.

Do not be surprised if those waiting for Oath will be asked to take it that week in Edmonton.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
ERJOPA said:
So...a week after i get a nasty Officer to interview me, I get "Decision made"..go figure.

So now its the wait for oath...however, and all you Edmonton applicants think about this, CIC is putting on a "Citizenship Week" the week before the federal elections. So Edmonton may be stacking the approved applications up just for that week alone.

Do not be surprised if those waiting for Oath will be asked to take it that week in Edmonton.
Most probably, a co-worker took the oath about 2 weeks ago and there was about 300 in attendance. It was done in a school premises up north. I'm about to take my test and wishing to get to the ceremony before winter.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
tunshah said:
what is the best way to update address, is it ok to just do it on ECAS?
Thats what I did, and within a few days it was updated online. My wife received her test invite on the new address so everything was fine by doing it online..

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
wes786 said:
Thats what I did, and within a few days it was updated online. My wife received her test invite on the new address so everything was fine by doing it online..
OK thanks

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
I just don't like it when people just make up information and have no source. People who say that no more tests or Oath after now because the Immigration minister has to sign on it and no one will do it because of elections. Some cities have Oath scheduled up till Sept 25, so I guess Edmonton is in the process of scheduling new dates.

Just an advice, don't get nervous about it, whenever it's time you will get your citizenship now or later, the only difference it that you would have put yourself in stress for a long time for no use. 2nd if you are nervous and can't hold it just keep it to yourself.

Fort Mc.

Oct 19, 2014
oilsand said:
Most probably, a co-worker took the oath about 2 weeks ago and there was about 300 in attendance. It was done in a school premises up north. I'm about to take my test and wishing to get to the ceremony before winter.
Are you from Fort McMurray?

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:

Congrats!!!!

I just checked mine it is also "Decision Made"!!!!
hopefully we will receive the Oath soon!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamad604 said:
I just don't like it when people just make up information and have no source. People who say that no more tests or Oath after now because the Immigration minister has to sign on it and no one will do it because of elections. Some cities have Oath scheduled up till Sept 25, so I guess Edmonton is in the process of scheduling new dates.

Just an advice, don't get nervous about it, whenever it's time you will get your citizenship now or later, the only difference it that you would have put yourself in stress for a long time for no use. 2nd if you are nervous and can't hold it just keep it to yourself.
I strongly agree with you mamad604, it is not good to second guess oneself on a public forum such as this one. there are lot of ways to calm stress down. I like information with credible sources. I have a cousin in Quebec City who received an invitation to write his Citizenship test in 2 weeks times.

pptm

Aug 16, 2015
I just took test on Sept 3, and now the status has been changed to decision made. But when I clicked into decision made, there is no updates. Is it normal? Much appreciated your response.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Think about it...

CIC is putting on a week of "Celebrating Citizenship" the week of October 12-16.

Federal Election day is Oct 19.

The possible publicity would be: "look at all the new citizens! The conservatives must be doing something right!" or other word to that effect....

Last year, the same week had many taking the oath at an Oilers game...and the CBC offices. Those places hold a lot of people to potentially swear an oath...

But...it is only speculation....