+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
Canadian Citizenship Timeline ( Edmonton local office)

Application Filed: Nov 6, 2014
In Process: February 25, 2014
Test Date: August 18, 2015

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
tbhutani said:
Hi KumarK,

Profile dates listed are for my wife when I applied for spousal sponsorship back in 2013. I came in April 2009 and applied for citizenship in July 2014 :) Congratulations and all the best for your oath on Aug 20th. Tc

Thanks !!
Oh ok.. thanks for clarification.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
kumark said:
Hi Neel

Application sent Jan 2014
In process from Mar 2014
Test invitation Apr 24, 2015
Exam date May 28, 215
Oath date: UNKNOWN

CIC keep saying they do not have access to applications unless it is over 6 month after citizenship exam
At least you got your exam. I am still waiting for mine and I applied 1 month after you. I feel like they forgot about my application and won't do anything until February 2016

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
There are so many new oaths scheduled. I hope all of those who were waiting for oath should get oath invites.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hi All,

Just passed my test and interview today got 15/20 lol that was too close to failing!
anyway the officer said the oath invite will be sent with in 2 months ;D

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
asagalen said:
Hi All,

Just passed my test and interview today got 15/20 lol that was too close to failing!
anyway the officer said the oath invite will be sent with in 2 months ;D
Congratulations! Lets hope we all hear the OATH news before the elections so we can all vote! ;D ;)

Edmonton 88

Aug 12, 2015
Hi ... Does anyone have a test Tomorow at 13 pm ( August 13 , 2015 ) , can you Plz tell me how the interview will be and how long it takes !! Thanks

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
wes786 said:
Congratulations! Lets hope we all hear the OATH news before the elections so we can all vote! ;D ;)
Yeah!!!! ;D hopefully it won't take 4 months lol

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Edmonton 88 said:
Hi ... Does anyone have a test Tomorow at 13 pm ( August 13 , 2015 ) , can you Plz tell me how the interview will be and how long it takes !! Thanks
It took almost 1.5 hours for me. I arrived in the building(cic office on 2nd floor, south elevator) @ 8:20am.
The test started around 8:35am and as long as anybody has finished the test, they will start calling the names for interview.

During the interview the officer will ask for all the originals, passports, ids, pr card and ask about your travels, jobs, how you came to canada and etc.
then the officer will tell you if you passed the exam or not if you passed, then officer will ask you to sign the form and tell you when would be the oath invitation will arrived.

The interview lasted for about 5 minutes. It depends how simple or complicated your application was. I've noticed some of them took about 10 to 25 mins.

Good luck to you!

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
asagalen said:
It took almost 1.5 hours for me. I arrived in the building(cic office on 2nd floor, south elevator) @ 8:20am.
The test started around 8:35am and as long as anybody has finished the test, they will start calling the names for interview.

During the interview the officer will ask for all the originals, passports, ids, pr card and ask about your travels, jobs, how you came to canada and etc.
then the officer will tell you if you passed the exam or not if you passed, then officer will ask you to sign the form and tell you when would be the oath invitation will arrived.

The interview lasted for about 5 minutes. It depends how simple or complicated your application was. I've noticed some of them took about 10 to 25 mins.

Good luck to you!

So did they gave you oath date on the spot

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton 88 said:
Our interview took about 15 minutes, but that's because the officer went through all the entries/exits in our passports (which were not many, but were spread out). He also spent some time to establish all the activities we have been involved in since we got here. I was a bit glad that I had the CBSA travel records with me, since he used those to verify my travel records as noted in the application.

FWIW, while we were waiting for our name to be called, I observed that the officers were spending about the same amount of time with each applicant.

If you are the sole applicant, and you are among the first few to finish the test, you will be called up relatively quickly.

Our test started at around 8:35, and we were done with the entire process by 10:05. We did not get an oath date, but a generic "2-4 month" response. However, our eCAS has been updated to "Decision Made", so let's see what happens next.

All the best with the test and interview.

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
ECAS finally updated to show my wifes Oath date of August 26!!!!!! I am so proud of her! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Her timeline is below! Good luck everyone else, your time will come soon. We haven't actually received the Oath letter yet, so I am surprised that ECAS updated first, given that ECAS didn't update for the test date until a month after the test.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 3, 2014.
We started processing your application on September 5, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on October 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on May 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fdk511 said:
Our interview took about 15 minutes, but that's because the officer went through all the entries/exits in our passports (which were not many, but were spread out). He also spent some time to establish all the activities we have been involved in since we got here. I was a bit glad that I had the CBSA travel records with me, since he used those to verify my travel records as noted in the application.

FWIW, while we were waiting for our name to be called, I observed that the officers were spending about the same amount of time with each applicant.

If you are the sole applicant, and you are among the first few to finish the test, you will be called up relatively quickly.

Our test started at around 8:35, and we were done with the entire process by 10:05. We did not get an oath date, but a generic "2-4 month" response. However, our eCAS has been updated to "Decision Made", so let's see what happens next.

All the best with the test and interview.
When did your ecas change to "decision made"? Your test was on Aug 04 correct? Just curious because my wife wrote her exam on Aug 7th.