+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Good morning Edmonton..

I know lot of peoples ho had their exam on May 28/29 got invitation letter for oath on July 29. Is there anybody who had test on these days are still waiting oath letter? My wife had her exam on this and she didn't hear back yet. She have to travel in emergency, so just want t check if there is any body who did test on these dates and got letter with different oath date. Any reply will be much appreciated.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
I passed the test yesterday. Test was easy, I had one wrong answer though.

In the interview I was been asked about my old status in US and most of the questions based on my activities in US. Then he kept matching some of the stamps in the passport with the dates in application. The officer had the report already from the Canadian border service which he was using to match some dates. It was like 15 minutes. At the end he told everything in my file is in order and I should expect the oath letter between 2 and 4 months.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote my test today, it was easy but there is room for error if you do not read the questions carefully. I passed with 19/20, I finished my test in 15 min. If you want to go home as soon as possible make sure you finish early and you are among the top 10 people so that your file can be pull up quickly. the interview last about 15-20 min. I paid parking for 2 hours, guess what? there was 25 min for my parking time to expire. I wish you good luck those who are writing their exams soon.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Good morning guys..

I know lot of peoples ho had their exam on May 28/29 got invitation letter for oath on July 29. Is there anybody who had test on these days are still waiting oath letter? My wife had her exam on this and she didn't hear back yet. She have to travel in emergency, so just want t check if there is any body who did test on these dates and got letter with different oath date. Any reply will be much appreciated.

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test yesterday too. Got 20/20. The interview took maybe 10 minutes. They wanted to see my drivers license, health care card, pr card and passports. They didn't ask for COPR. At the end the officer told me I should get an oath invitation in 2-4 months. Hopefully it's not gonna take too long. :)

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
My wife wrote her test on June 5 and got 19/20. Interview went well and she was also told 2 to 4 months for an oath. I too was hoping it wouldn't take that long, but it has currently been 6 weeks so they were probably accurate in that guess.

ECAS, which hasn't had any details updated since October, did change from "in process" to "Decision made" after about 3 weeks to a month. Although there was still no change to the details once you click on it.

I'm sure the Oaths will all be coming soon.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
GoCanada1985 said:
My wife wrote her test on June 5 and got 19/20. Interview went well and she was also told 2 to 4 months for an oath. I too was hoping it wouldn't take that long, but it has currently been 6 weeks so they were probably accurate in that guess.

ECAS, which hasn't had any details updated since October, did change from "in process" to "Decision made" after about 3 weeks to a month. Although there was still no change to the details once you click on it.

I'm sure the Oaths will all be coming soon.
thanks for sharing your timeline ..
My wife had exam on May 28, 2015 and e-case status changed to decision made after 3 days but we didn't hear anything back yet. We exchanged the contacts with 2-3 friends who had test in same session they got oath letter for 29th july. kind of confusing what is going on.
we tried to call cic and they don't listen and keep saying they can only look if it is been over 24 months from the date of application. We tried to call 3 times and every time they had same sentence. They even don't let you speak. I have no idea why the people sitting in call center answering calls if they don't want to listen caller.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Hi, as I said earlier I had my test on Monday, July 20. Today morning ECAS changed to " DECISION MADE". But when i click it, it still said started processing on May 8. However this is a new development as until yesterday the ECAS showed " in process"

kobra83md

May 14, 2015
Hi
I had my test on July 13th , But still i have it " In process". Any others who had their status changed to "Decision made"?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to let you know that a friend of mine who applied in Dec 2014 got their test letter.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
I think it is too early yo complaint. people are waiting from years and for each application the timelines are different depending on lot of different stuff.

tunshah said:
I applied in November and no test yet and people from DEC are already getting the test :(

Logic05

Jul 27, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My spouse and I completed the citizenship test at the CIC Edmonton Office on July 23, 2015.

Citizenship Test

The test itself was pretty straight forward. We both received scores of 19/20. It took me less that 15 mins to complete. However, a few people in the room were done within 5 mins. I did a double and triple checking of answers.

Our preparation for the test was simply reading the entire Discover Canada publication and doing free online practice tests.

The Richmond Public Library's citizenship practice test is a good resource. We recognized a few of their questions on the real test.

Interview

After the test we were ushered into the lobby to wait until our names were called. When our names were called, we re-entered the test room to wait on the interviewer. There were 3 stations set up for interviews on that day.

Our interviewer was very welcoming and friendly.

** Please ensure your travel dates out of Canada during the qualifying period is documented and verifiable. The officers meticulously checked our passports to verify this information.

We were also asked questions about work history and how we supported ourselves during the last 4 years. The interviewer had the applications we originally submitted to CIC, so many of the original documents we brought with us (NOAs, T4s, job letters) were not requested for scrutiny.

The documents checked during the session: Passports, IMM5292s, PR cards, Drivers Licenses & Healthcare cards.

After the interview, the interviewer informed us that we would receive our oath invitations in the mail for ceremonies that take place 2-4 months from now.

That's all for now.

Kind Regards,
Logic05

Citizenship Application Timeline
App rec'vd: Sep 26, 2014
AOR: Nov 21, 2014
App review start: Dec 10, 2014
Test invi rec'd: Jul 2 2015
Test date: Jul 23, 2015