Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Re: Citizenship test results, Citizenship Ceremony, Edmonton Office

Neel09 said:
Last week when I called, the cic agent told my file has no problem and its still in Edmonton. It was transferred to Edmonton on 30 July 2014 after they received on 28 march 2014. So I am guessing I will not hear anything at least until june end or july if my file is still under routine application category. However the application processing appears to be very random these days and anyone irrespective of the dates they have applied can expect anything anytime.
It pisses me off that I applied in February 2014 and there is people who applied in March same year and already did their Oath like 2 months ago. I should be already a Citizen...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You seriously need to stop complaining and wining. There are people from 2011-2013 still waiting. so STOP WINING over a couple months of wait! Everybody's application is different and have their own conditions. Different people have different background checks and residency condition.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton

josemulino said:
It pisses me off that I applied in February 2014 and there is people who applied in March same year and already did their Oath like 2 months ago. I should be already a Citizen...
I am march 2014 applicant and I am hoping to get the test invite before March 2016 :)

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007

Neel09 said:
I am march 2014 applicant and I am hoping to get the test invite before March 2016 :)
Well, It shouldn't be too long now. I've heard there is only a 17 month wait in Edmonton and I am in my 15.5 Month now. Again, there is people who applied around the same time as I did and already took their Oath. It is hard to understand that if I sent my application, everything was PERFECT, because I checked it no less than 1000 times, I haven't even heard from them. Everytime I call, they don't give me any information (which is kinda illegal)

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton

josemulino said:
Well, It shouldn't be too long now. I've heard there is only a 17 month wait in Edmonton and I am in my 15.5 Month now. Again, there is people who applied around the same time as I did and already took their Oath. It is hard to understand that if I sent my application, everything was PERFECT, because I checked it no less than 1000 times, I haven't even heard from them. Everytime I call, they don't give me any information (which is kinda illegal)
Its just waste of time to talk to the agents before 24 months I think. They told me same thing both the time. its also hard to justify why some files are delayed as compared to others in same province and also compared to other provinces. To me this whole thing is a joke. We just need to wait for our time that's all we can do.
Did you get your GCMS notes? I got mine last week and it said all security clearances were done last year and since August 2014 nothing really happened in my file.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007

Neel09 said:
Its just waste of time to talk to the agents before 24 months I think. They told me same thing both the time. its also hard to justify why some files are delayed as compared to others in same province and also compared to other provinces. To me this whole thing is a joke. We just need to wait for our time that's all we can do.
Did you get your GCMS notes? I got mine last week and it said all security clearances were done last year and since August 2014 nothing really happened in my file.
Does it really worth getting your GCMS for all the Hassle? I am sure my file is identical to yours. Maybe mine hasn't move since last year. Now, I wonder why don't they just call people for a test in an orderly fashion if the files has been sitting there for that long. Again, I am sure our time is EXTREMELY close. So, just study for the test so it doesn't catch you off-guard. Watch the heritage minutes on youtube that gives you PLENTY of hints in history and are only 1 minute long. Practice with a mock quiz online and read your book. By the time you are prepared you might be one week from writing your exam. I am doing the same thing to keep me from thinking about it. My brother applied in March 2013 and his wife applied in October 2013 and they got a call for a test and Oath the same week, I am sure after this new law they will be moving all these files faster before the end of this year. We are close than ever to be Canadians!

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton

josemulino said:
Does it really worth getting your GCMS for all the Hassle? I am sure my file is identical to yours. Maybe mine hasn't move since last year. Now, I wonder why don't they just call people for a test in an orderly fashion if the files has been sitting there for that long. Again, I am sure our time is EXTREMELY close. So, just study for the test so it doesn't catch you off-guard. Watch the heritage minutes on youtube that gives you PLENTY of hints in history and are only 1 minute long. Practice with a mock quiz online and read your book. By the time you are prepared you might be one week from writing your exam. I am doing the same thing to keep me from thinking about it. My brother applied in March 2013 and his wife applied in October 2013 and they got a call for a test and Oath the same week, I am sure after this new law they will be moving all these files faster before the end of this year. We are close than ever to be Canadians!
Hi Josemulino, please do post here once you get your test request. Recently, edmonton seems to be awfully quiet.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007

Neel09 said:
Hi Josemulino, please do post here once you get your test request. Recently, edmonton seems to be awfully quiet.
I will. People in Fort McMurray are getting their citizenship like crazy. All the people I know who applied for citizenship in Fort Mc are getting their test done this week. I made the mistake of switching my address to my parents in Edmonton because I move too much in Fort Mc. I hope they go to Edmonton and do the same right after they are done with everyone in Fort Mc

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Edmonton office is a little too quiet lately....add to that the fact that there are less Canada Day ceremonies in Edmonton than Calgary and it makes you wonder if the Edmonton staff is on summer holidays already :(

-file transferred May 11 to EDM. Waiting for Test letter (or e-mail)

ChemBio

Jun 24, 2015
Hi All;
It is my first reply in this forum. I would just like to assure everybody here that the CIC officials are doing their best to finalize applications. I and my wife passed our test this morning. We applied from Ontario last July and moved to Edmonton a month later. Our file was transferred to Edmonton early November 2014.

READ THE BOOK MANY TIMES.

PRACTICE ONLINE.

SAVE THE AUDIO FILE(S) TO A CD AND KEEP IT IN YOUR CAR.

IF YOUR FILE IS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND YOU WERE ACCURATE IN MAKING YOUR APPLICATION EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE WRITTEN HERE. THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE AND THANKS TO CIC.

FINALLY, EDMONTON IS NOT SLOW!!! JUST DO IT RIGHT!! GOOD LUCK ALL!

application RECEIVED July 25, 2014.
acknowledging and a study book July 25, 2014.
processing September 29, 2014.
notice on May 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 24, 2015 at 8:29 AM.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my time line
Calgary office
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

4- RQ received march 2014 , sent April 2014
and I'm waiting my test

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
ChemBio said:
Hi All;
It is my first reply in this forum. I would just like to assure everybody here that the CIC officials are doing their best to finalize applications. I and my wife passed our test this morning. We applied from Ontario last July and moved to Edmonton a month later. Our file was transferred to Edmonton early November 2014.

READ THE BOOK MANY TIMES.

PRACTICE ONLINE.

SAVE THE AUDIO FILE(S) TO A CD AND KEEP IT IN YOUR CAR.

IF YOUR FILE IS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND YOU WERE ACCURATE IN MAKING YOUR APPLICATION EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE WRITTEN HERE. THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE AND THANKS TO CIC.

FINALLY, EDMONTON IS NOT SLOW!!! JUST DO IT RIGHT!! GOOD LUCK ALL!

application RECEIVED July 25, 2014.
acknowledging and a study book July 25, 2014.
processing September 29, 2014.
notice on May 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 24, 2015 at 8:29 AM.
Maybe that means I am next? I applied in February, I checked my application no less than 1000 times before I submitted it. I switched my application to Edmonton around November from Fort Mc and still nothing. I am checking my mail box everyday. My friend in Fort Mc got her letter 2 days before her test... So keep your eyes open just in case...

Fort Mc.

Oct 19, 2014
josemulino said:
Maybe that means I am next? I applied in February, I checked my application no less than 1000 times before I submitted it. I switched my application to Edmonton around November from Fort Mc and still nothing. I am checking my mail box everyday. My friend in Fort Mc got her letter 2 days before her test... So keep your eyes open just in case...
Hey Josemulino, do you know if your friend's ecas was updated before she got the letter?

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi josemulino

Can you share the timeline for those people who live in Fort Mac?

Thanks a lot.

josemulino said:
I will. People in Fort McMurray are getting their citizenship like crazy. All the people I know who applied for citizenship in Fort Mc are getting their test done this week. I made the mistake of switching my address to my parents in Edmonton because I move too much in Fort Mc. I hope they go to Edmonton and do the same right after they are done with everyone in Fort Mc

ChemBio

Jun 24, 2015
HI josemulino,

Your turn is definitely very soon. My advice is "check your eCAS daily". Our letters took a week to receive. Luckily we saw it online once it was updated.

Have a good luck and keep us posted,