Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dasha said:
Hello Everyone

Good news! I got my oath taking date in less than 24 months! Single application.

Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the support for those who replied and private messaged me.

Cheers
Hi Dasha,

How long did it take from the day you wrote your test to the day of your oath ceremony? Whats typical?

Edmsom

Mar 22, 2014
Finally got our invitation for oath ceremony in Edmonton at the end of August 2014.
Took the oath and became citizens on 22 September 2014!! :D ;D :D

It was a great relief to be done with all the years of paperwork (been here since 2006).
Be patient guys --it's a wonderful feeling at the end -but it will come to you!

Applied for passports 3 days later - and can't wait to go on our first trip as Canadian citizens (our pr cards expired a while ago and we haven't left Canada in a long time)!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
January 2013 applicant, passed the test On October 7th. The test invitation arrived as paper copy about 2 weeks before the test, ecas was updated later.
Next step -either invitation for the oath in three months, or request for additional docs if the reviewing officer has questions.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
How much time is it currently taking approximately for Edmonton office to process the citizenship applications?

What are the steps involved after application sent to Sydney?

Sorry I became a citizen about 15 years ago so the process was a lot different than what it is now. My wife has applied for the citizenship process and needs some info/tips.

Thanks!

Family

Jul 15, 2014
Hi everyone,
I did my test on Jan 30th and passed .
Still no invitation leter for me :(((

Whay should I do? I called imigration couple of times, and they told me it's in proces :(

My aplication started in Nov 2012

It's single aplication ....

Good luck everyone :(

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
How much time is it currently taking approximately for Edmonton office to process the citizenship applications?

What are the steps involved after application sent to Sydney?

Sorry I became a citizen about 15 years ago so the process was a lot different than what it is now. My wife has applied for the citizenship process and needs some info/tips.

Thanks!
How long did it take to get your application processed back then?

As for Edmonton, currently it's taking 24-26 months on average for a routine application, although it appears that they are making some progress and processing times are decreasing.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
bambino said:
How long did it take to get your application processed back then?

As for Edmonton, currently it's taking 24-26 months on average for a routine application, although it appears that they are making some progress and processing times are decreasing.
Back then I was a minor and my dad filed the whole family applications together. It took no more than 5 months, from application to the oath, with a lot less forms, documentation, and very little conditions.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My, have times changed....

If I'm not mistaken, the requirements 15 years ago were basically the same as they are now. It appears they've simply neglected to allocate sufficient resources to account for the increased levels of immigration. And become a bit more paranoid/suspicious of applicants.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
bambino said:
My, have times changed....

If I'm not mistaken, the requirements 15 years ago were basically the same as they are now. It appears they've simply neglected to allocate sufficient resources to account for the increased levels of immigration. And become a bit more paranoid/suspicious of applicants.
They have updated the application form, the residency requirement is still the same (but it changes 4 out of 6 years, next June). Our proof of residence was our landing paper, there were no PR cards or a physical VISA on our passports back then. "Language ability" was not a requirement, and this new "Residency Questionnaire" delays that I have been hearing about also scares me. So yeah its a little different but I can see why they have to do a lot more security checks on applicants these days. A few bad apples rotten the whole basket they say. We all have to pay the price.

Chullips

Nov 23, 2012
Hi, I'm bit new here. Been registered before but have not signed in for a while. Anyways, here's my timeline.
Applied: Oct. 2012
Test: End of Sept. 2014.
Waiting for Oath Taking.
During interview, we didn't get an RQ or something but the officer asked us about our old passport being renewed almost after a year. Were asked our whereabouts at that time, hopefully no further docs required, then we will be invited soon in 2-4 months. :p

Chullips

Nov 23, 2012
When everything falls into place, the patience and perseverance are worthwhile doing upon learning that we are invited on the 18th of Nov, 2014 for the oath taking! Thank you very much Edmonton CIC staff for the undying effort to serve Edmontonians the fastest way as you can! Keep it up! Cheers to everyone who will soon to be Canadians.... Let's celebrate another milestone of our lives... :D ;) :-*

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Chullips said:
When everything falls into place, the patience and perseverance are worthwhile doing upon learning that we are invited on the 18th of Nov, 2014 for the oath taking! Thank you very much Edmonton CIC staff for the undying effort to serve Edmontonians the fastest way as you can! Keep it up! Cheers to everyone who will soon to be Canadians.... Let's celebrate another milestone of our lives... :D ;) :-*
Congrats!!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Chullips said:
Congrats Chullips! <thumbs-up smile here> :) I wrote my test early October, so your timeline gives me hope that I might become Canadian by January 2015 :)

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
This is my timeline:
- Applied: March 4, 2013
- Acknowledge: May 4, 2013
- RQ: October 9, 2013 (This was just to change dates and re-sign my application form b/c of some mistakes I made)
- Test: Nov 5, 2014. results: 19/20. During the interview I was asked to show all the passports (current/expired), why I hadn't applied with my wife, profession, current/previous employers, dwelling place (own/rented), other family members, also if I was planning to travel to my home country in the near future.