Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi Dasha, nothing's happening at the moment. Still patiently waiting.
How about you ? Keep in touch.

Edmsom

Mar 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline from applying to the Edmonton office:

Received application for Canadian citizenship on July 16, 2012.

Sent a letter acknowledging receipt of application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 16, 2012.

Started processing your application on March 12, 2013.

We received a Residence Questionnaire in August 2013 - submitted all requested documents September 2013.

We received a notice on June 17, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 30, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

This was a family application for both my husband and myself.

We both wrote and passed Citizenship test on July 30, 2014 - perfect scores.

The officer who interviewed us, after the test asked us general questions about where we worked and if we had any criminal record. He said there was slight discrepancy in travel dates for my husband (We left out one short trip (4 days) for my husband but my application listed it). We explained that we travelled alot back then and it was just an error -he said all else appeared in order. He was friendly and polite, and then informed us that we both got 20/20 in the test.

He told us that if they needed anything further, they would contact us in the next few weeks -but if everything was in order we can expect a letter of invitation to an Oath ceremony within 2 - 4 months.

Our interview lasted 5 mins at most. We did notice that some other applicants had interviews that were much longer (20 -30 mins) that were before us.

Waiting patiently now. Good luck everyone!

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
Hi,

It has been a long time that no one here said anything about being invited for a test in Edmonton.
Is anybody received a Citizenship Test notice in late July or August? I appreciate if you share your timeline.

Thanks. :)

aweys780

Aug 18, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 13, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on May 6, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 13, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

and passed the test and got RQ and send it back june 15,2013
and still waiting u know what can u do >? right just patient and more patient as of [AUG 18-2014] (37 months and 5 days and counting so guys stop complaining live ur normal lives and stop thinking about it got it peace

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
aweys780 said:
37 months and 5 days and counting so guys stop complaining live ur normal lives and stop thinking about it got it peace
I think it depends on many issues that you overlooked.
If something needs to be fixed and there is hope for fixing it, why not complain and try to fix it?
Also, if you have a stable life in Edmonton, you don't need to worry and you can wait as long as it takes. Otherwise, all kinds of complications can happen that won't give you the luxury of waiting in piece (e.g. getting a job in another city, being out of country for a work related trip when they invite you for exam, etc.).

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
aweys780 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 13, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on May 6, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 13, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

and passed the test and got RQ and send it back june 15,2013
and still waiting u know what can u do >? right just patient and more patient as of [AUG 18-2014] (37 months and 5 days and counting so guys stop complaining live ur normal lives and stop thinking about it got it peace
comparing with your time line I think I should get my test date any time soon.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
And so the waiting game for me is about to end.
It's a BITTER SWEET CELEBRATION!

We sent you a notice on August 8, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Time will come and it will be your turn soon.

GOODLUCK AND GODBLESS TO ALL!

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Canuto said:

We sent you a notice on August 8, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

that's very encouraging.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Canuto said:
Congratulations Canuto!!!! :) :D Edmonton office have taken their sweet time for sure... but then you can express your disappointment at the ballot box next year!

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Canuto said:

Hi Canuto,

Great news! 26 months of wait (No RQ) is not too bad at all!

Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Thanks Kisunja and Wadelmaki,

Just fyi, I called the center and asked how many people are attending the oath. She said there are about 125 to 150 applicants per oath that is taking place in our local office. So I hope your turn will come sooner than my 26 months of waiting.
Yes Kisunja, I'll make sure of that. I will exercise my right to vote against the cons!
CHEERS!

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
Just to check in CIC1973! :D
Nothing has changed from 11 months ago that my case has transferred to Edmonton local office! :D