+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my oath on saturday, march 15. The oath was scheduled at 10am, but we were asked to report by 9am. 70 people had taken oath and we were done by 11am. It was certainly special and a wonderful feeling.

However, it didn't go smoothly for me. They had messed up my name in the certificate. I had done legal name change prior to my application and had requested the certificate in the new name (only a small change in the first name). However, CIC was wise enough to not paying attention to that. They had issued the certificate in my old name that always had in their file. I talked to the CIC officer at the end of the event and explained the situation. At first, she tried to tell me that CIC has certain requirements... blah... blah... Then she found that all the required papers are already in the application package. She apologised few times for that on behalf of CIC and told me that they will issue me a new certificate with the proper name and call me in about 6 weeks to pick up the certificate.

This is a weird situation for me as I had to return my citizenship certificate (meaning I can't apply for passport) and my PR card is not valid any more (she had let me keep the PR card with me for a peace of mind in the condition that I will return that when I will pick up the correct certificate). Therefore, I can't travel internationally in at least for a couple of months (I can leave Canada, but coming back will be an issue).

Though with hiccups, my journey for citizenship is almost towards it's end. All the best to everybody awaiting their citizenship.

Edmsom

Mar 22, 2014
Congrats wonderboy :) your wait is almost over!

My husband and I have been following this forum for a while and finally found some time to list our experience on a timeline so far.

Sent our citizenship application to Edmonton office: June, 30 2012
Received letter acknowledging receipt of my application: July 16, 2012
Started processing my application: March 12, 2013
Received Residence Questionnaire: July 26, 2013
Sent back Residence Questionnaire package: September 2013

Received a letter stating we should start preparing for the test in early January 2014 (no specific date for test).
We haven't heard anything since then.

Should we start phoning them to find information on our application or should we just be patient for a while longer?

RQ: yes
Office: Edmonton

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
Edmsom said:
Congrats wonderboy :) your wait is almost over!

My husband and I have been following this forum for a while and finally found some time to list our experience on a timeline so far.

Sent our citizenship application to Edmonton office: June, 30 2012
Received letter acknowledging receipt of my application: July 16, 2012
Started processing my application: March 12, 2013
Received Residence Questionnaire: July 26, 2013
Sent back Residence Questionnaire package: September 2013

Received a letter stating we should start preparing for the test in early January 2014 (no specific date for test).
We haven't heard anything since then.

Should we start phoning them to find information on our application or should we just be patient for a while longer?

RQ: yes
Office: Edmonton

Hi Edmsum, your case is similar to me i guess. My timeline is

Application recieved. Jan 2012
Processed. Oct 2012
Rq recieved Dec 2012
Rq submitted Jan 2013
Citizenship test Nov 2013
No oath invite as of today

We were told in an interview everything is good you will get an Oath invite within 3-4 months. 4 months have passed but still no invite. Not sure where it get stuck. I am just tired of it... Its is my sixth year as permanent resident in canada. Our PR cards have expired in Jan this year. I wrote a letter to cic local office last week to know what happend.

Shahab12

Aug 16, 2012
Hello all,

Thanks all for sharing updates on your files. Here is my timeline:

Application for citizenship received: 30 Nov. 2009

Citizenship test: 06 Jan. 2011 (Received a RQ same date)

We sent you a notice on March 15, 2014 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on April 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Now I have a question, I can not show up for the interview as I am traveling (very difficult to cancel), in case I reschedule my appointment, any idea when they will set me another appointment? I mean would it take another 5 years???

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
Shahab12 said:
Hello all,

Thanks all for sharing updates on your files. Here is my timeline:

Application for citizenship received: 30 Nov. 2009

Citizenship test: 06 Jan. 2011 (Received a RQ same date)

We sent you a notice on March 15, 2014 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on April 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Now I have a question, I can not show up for the interview as I am traveling (very difficult to cancel), in case I reschedule my appointment, any idea when they will set me another appointment? I mean would it take another 5 years???
well you should not delay this interview. Did you not ask cic why your case not completed in 36 months as per cic timeline for non routine applications?

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
what is the experience for those who took the citizenship test in Edmonton in 2014 and got their oath letters? can somebody please tell me what the citizenship folks tell you after you take the test and look at your paperwork? like do they tell you you will get your oath letter or you will hear from us in xx number of months or how does it go usually? do they take your PR card after the test or do you keep it untill the citizenship ceremony?

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Hey CIC1973,
what is your timeline and when exactly did you have the test? the oath time varies, one person I know have received it within a month from the test, while others seem to wait for 2-3 months.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
test in 2014, just want dates and information for people that have applied here so far in edmonton what is their experience

msc1971

May 28, 2008
Received Application on Nov. 23, 2012
Started processing Application on Jan.30, 2013
Test notice March 11, 2014
Citizenship test passed 20/20 & interview on April 03, 2014
Oath Waiting.....

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The timeline database has been updated and now has 220 TOTAL APPLICATIONS
150+ COMPLETE APPLICATIONS (WITH OATH DATES)

PLEASE VISIT/BOOKMARK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Did he/she specify 3 months to hear from them to get the oath or just 3 months to hear from them full stop.?