+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
kisunja said:
Canuto, I am not sure how massive it is. But if folks who applied between April and June 2013 are being scheduled for the test, then your turn will be coming soon!
kisunja,

Is there people who are scheduled for test and applied in 2013???This is really strange; my friend's wife applied in March 2012, and she still has not received anything!

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
Any one in Edmonton recently get invited for an oath ceremony? Please share your timeline. This is painful. 4 months after the test no oath invite yet. People in ontario getting oath after 2 weeks.

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have finally received the oath invitation. It took little over 26 months and the oath is scheduled 4 months after the exam.
Following is my timeline:

Application sent: Jan 6, 2012
Application received: Jan 11, 2012
In process: Oct 30, 2012
Test: Nov 13, 2013
Oath: March 15, 2014
Local Office: Edmonton

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wonderboy said:
I have finally received the oath invitation. It took little over 26 months and the oath is scheduled 4 months after the exam.

HI wonderboy,

Congrats; this is a good news for Edmontonians.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
That's good news in our city. Congrats wonder boy and thanks for sharing ! I'm sure Edmontonian78 will take this oath next month.
So CIC Edmonton will take at least four months after test before Oath taking??!!
CHEERS!!!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
wadelmaki said:
kisunja,

Is there people who are scheduled for test and applied in 2013???This is really strange; my friend's wife applied in March 2012, and she still has not received anything!
Waldemaki, I wish I knew what the process is in our local office! I am talking about people applying in April-May 2012. As a early 2013 applicant, I personally do not expect anything before this Fall.
My suspicion about the lack of oaths is that our one and only judge may be going on vacation soon, and they would like her to approve as many cases as possible, because oaths can technically happen without her ( an Order of Canada recipient can preside).

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
kisunja said:
Waldemaki, I wish I knew what the process is in our local office! I am talking about people applying in April-May 2012. As a early 2013 applicant, I personally do not expect anything before this Fall.
My suspicion about the lack of oaths is that our one and only judge may be going on vacation soon, and they would like her to approve as many cases as possible, because oaths can technically happen without her ( an Order of Canada recipient can preside).
kisunja,

Do you know when your file was transferred to Edmonton? Have your Received line disappeared from your ECAS?

I called CIC on Friday and they told me my file is still in Sydney!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
wadelmaki said:
kisunja,

Do you know when your file was transferred to Edmonton? Have your Received line disappeared from your ECAS?

I called CIC on Friday and they told me my file is still in Sydney!
Waldemaki, could you pls remind me: when did you apply?
I have not called CIC, but I am waiting for my GCMS notes to arrive within a couple of weeks, then I will see where it is. The "received" thing disappeared some time ago, but I do not remember when. Has yours disappeared already?
I can easily imagine the office being overwhelmed with 2012 applications right now, because many long-term PRs had hurried to apply before the new language proof rules took effect.

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
wonderboy said:

Congrats Wonderboy! This is great news ! Hopefully i will get Oath invite too for March. Has your eacas status changed? Did you get the letter in oast day or two?

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Edmontonian78.

My oath letter is dated Feb 20 and I received it on Feb 21. E-CAS was updated in the weekend (Feb 22 afternoon or Feb 23 morning).

I believe that you will get your oath letter any time between now and 2 weeks if everything is alright with your file. All the best and keep us posted!

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
kisunja said:
Waldemaki, could you pls remind me: when did you apply?
I have not called CIC, but I am waiting for my GCMS notes to arrive within a couple of weeks, then I will see where it is. The "received" thing disappeared some time ago, but I do not remember when. Has yours disappeared already?
I can easily imagine the office being overwhelmed with 2012 applications right now, because many long-term PRs had hurried to apply before the new language proof rules took effect.
kisunja,

I have applied in July of last year. My "received" disappeared two weeks ago, however I called CIC and my file is still Sydney and the checks are not completed as of yet. My application will most likely take the scenic route "non-routine" due to my previous stay in the US and one stamp missing from my passport and the CBSA record. So, I am prepared for a long haul.
My friend's wife applied in March 12, and she did not get any test invitation till now!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Waldemaki, thank you for the clarification! I hope though that your application stays routine!
Once I have more time, I will probably ask my MP for more information about how files are being moved in our office. Seems that not all files are moving chronologically...