+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test online

Tgshinta

Nov 26, 2021
Anyone had issues during online test?
Somehow my external webcam got turned off during test! Even though completed test 19/20 and Got email as well after submission
Hi there, I had exactly the same problem, what happened to you? Did you pass the test or do you have to retake it?
My camera was working fine but once I started the test the camera kept disconnecting I had to relogin many times I had to complete the test just with 4 minutes left, but I am worried because the camera wasn't showing anything during the test, I passed it. But I dont know what it's going on.
Thanks

Dec 16, 2021
I took my test online today and passed the test. i read the instructions wrong i think i messed up. It says you are not supposed to use any “external source of information” and i used my notes confidently thinking i can use them. Do i need to take the test again? Would my test results be invalid because of this silly mistake
Hello, can you please advise how is it going with you? As we experienced something similar to that and are very worried.
Thanks

jbirdi

Nov 8, 2018
My wife completed the citizenship test today and passed. Before the exam, I was fixing the webcam and had the devices manager opened. During the exam, approximately halfway through it, my wife noticed this other window still open and tried to immediately close it prompting a message saying something like "oops looks like you're opening a new tab.." Has anyone had the same experience where they inadvertently opened a different window? I am hoping IRCC is able to get information like which window was being opened so they are able to tell that there was no intention of cheating.
Hi there; Can you please share the update on this?

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
I finished my citizenship test yesterday. I passed. I realized that I had my email open as well as the letter I got from CIC as I was copying my app # and UCI from it after finishing the test. I forgot to close them because I was kind of stressed. I didn't look at any materials during the test or switch tabs/windows. Is that ok or will that cause a problem?

The system didn't warn me. At least I don't remember seeing a warning message. It's a popup, right? It should be hard to miss then.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2021
I took my test online today and passed the test. i read the instructions wrong i think i messed up. It says you are not supposed to use any “external source of information” and i used my notes confidently thinking i can use them. Do i need to take the test again? Would my test results be invalid because of this silly mistake
Hello, Can you please advise what happened in your case, did you pass through? Thanks

jbirdi

Nov 8, 2018
Hi Naaz, can you please share the update on this? thank you

purplemoi

Dec 29, 2021
We had the test the other last monday, me and my husband passed. My worry was, when my husband is taking his exams i was talking on the background. Does it matter? Do they record the video or just photos? When i check the application tracker it’s not yet updated. Any idea?

Dec 16, 2021
We had the test the other last monday, me and my husband passed. My worry was, when my husband is taking his exams i was talking on the background. Does it matter? Do they record the video or just photos? When i check the application tracker it’s not yet updated. Any idea?
Can you please let me know what is the status of your exam in the status tracker is it “in progress” , “ completed” or “waiting on you”. I suggest you waiting for some more time for them to update the status as you just took the exam couple of days ago.

purplemoi

Dec 29, 2021
Can you please let me know what is the status of your exam in the status tracker is it “in progress” , “ completed” or “waiting on you”. I suggest you waiting for some more time for them to update the status as you just took the exam couple of days ago.
The status is still “waiting on you”. Maybe check again in couple of days. Just a bit worried because i forgot to tone down my voice while my husband is taking his exam. Just wondering if it is recorded or just photos? Thanks!

Dec 16, 2021
The status is still “waiting on you”. Maybe check again in couple of days. Just a bit worried because i forgot to tone down my voice while my husband is taking his exam. Just wondering if it is recorded or just photos? Thanks!
You should be ok as they haven’t yet reviewed your exam since it is still showing waiting on you. Normally it should turn to completed within couple of days or stay in progress for few days. I got feedback from others either way. Can you please keep us updated on your status once it changed the status.

Reactions: purplemoi

purplemoi

Dec 29, 2021
Sure! i feel guilty in a way that i remember i was reading/reviewing certain part of the notes because i will be the next one to take the exam and not mindful of my husband’s ongoing exam, hopefully they will not take it against him or a form of cheating… that is why i wanted to ask ideas/experiences on this thread, if they capture videos or just photos.

Dec 16, 2021
Sure! i feel guilty in a way that i remember i was reading/reviewing certain part of the notes because i will be the next one to take the exam and not mindful of my husband’s ongoing exam, hopefully they will not take it against him or a form of cheating… that is why i wanted to ask ideas/experiences on this thread, if they capture videos or just photos.
As mentioned in their website that they aren’t recording video or audio but just random pictures. I guess it should be ok, just wait for few days say after the new year holiday and see if the status is turned to completed or just in progress. Happy New Years

Reactions: purplemoi

purplemoi

Dec 29, 2021
As mentioned in their website that they aren’t recording video or audio but just random pictures. I guess it should be ok, just wait for few days say after the new year holiday and see if the status is turned to completed or just in progress. Happy New Years
thank you! I will provide update! Happy new year!

purplemoi

Dec 29, 2021
update: status “completed” for the citizenship exam! Thank you!