+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test online

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply, We are hopeful that the test result is valid. Our only regret is having to wait months before we find out..
Hey - Did you get any update on your file? I did the same mistake but saw my score 19/20 then it disappeared :-(

franixsouq

Jun 20, 2014
I took my test online today and passed the test. i read the instructions wrong i think i messed up. It says you are not supposed to use any “external source of information” and i used my notes confidently thinking i can use them. Do i need to take the test again? Would my test results be invalid because of this silly mistake
Are you through??

What happened since then?

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
Yes - it was through and My status for Test is changed to "Completed"
Hi ...

How many days did it take for your status to change to "completed" after taking the test ?

SW005

Jun 8, 2021
My wife completed the citizenship test today and passed. Before the exam, I was fixing the webcam and had the devices manager opened. During the exam, approximately halfway through it, my wife noticed this other window still open and tried to immediately close it prompting a message saying something like "oops looks like you're opening a new tab.." Has anyone had the same experience where they inadvertently opened a different window? I am hoping IRCC is able to get information like which window was being opened so they are able to tell that there was no intention of cheating.
Hi Polarburr,

Can you please give me an update on this? What happed in your wife's case?

polarburr

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
22-11-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2016
Hi Polarburr,

Can you please give me an update on this? What happed in your wife's case?
Hi Sam, after 2 days, the Citizenship Test Status in the Status Tracker was marked as completed. So we are hopeful that it mean that the results were satisfactory. To date, we have not yet received and are still waiting for an invitation for interview or oath.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Is anyone aware or has info if the online test can be taken from outside Canada?
I see that now all tests are taken online. However, can one take the test if outside Canada as it is online and NOT in-person?

Please advise.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is anyone aware or has info if the online test can be taken from outside Canada?
I see that now all tests are taken online. However, can one take the test if outside Canada as it is online and NOT in-person?

Please advise.
Lots of people have been taking test outside Canada. Once you receive a test invite email, follow the instructions here =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

Reactions: RoseDB

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
dear altruists,
I have the similar situations on the exam where I have 3 other tabs (2 from cic.gc.ca and 1 is for my email) open apart from the exam tab. But I never switch in between the tabs after the exam started. While the exam was going on, there was a pop up "there are several tabs might be open" (not sure the exact wording, but the meaning was the similar) and the only way to close that tab is to click "take me back" tab! any of you have experienced similar situation? Thanks in advance!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
dear altruists,
I have the similar situations on the exam where I have 3 other tabs (2 from cic.gc.ca and 1 is for my email) open apart from the exam tab. But I never switch in between the tabs after the exam started. While the exam was going on, there was a pop up "there are several tabs might be open" (not sure the exact wording, but the meaning was the similar) and the only way to close that tab is to click "take me back" tab! any of you have experienced similar situation? Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't worry much about this.

• Love
Reactions: goodboy97

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017