+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Invalid Photo ID - Retest Needed

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
I got an email saying my test was invalid because i didn't provide visible valid photo ID despite the fact that I showed my permanent resident card at beginning of test. Is it because my photo in the card was taken 5 years ago and I look different today? Could it be that my webcam had problems with recording my feed? I remember the gray box that appeared during the test was just camera icon with grey background. I was using an external monitor and external webcam (logitech C920). Maybe I should be just using my laptop only?

"As per the requirements of the Online Citizenship Test, you are required to provide clearly visible, valid photo ID to confirm your identity at the beginning of your test. Despite having been notified of having passed the test, this mandatory requirement was not met and as a result your test results had to be invalidated. You will need to be retested and you will be receiving a new invitation, during which you must provide a valid photo ID."

scaper

Sep 3, 2019
I got an email saying my test was invalid because i didn't provide visible valid photo ID despite the fact that I showed my permanent resident card at beginning of test. Is it because my photo in the card was taken 5 years ago and I look different today? Could it be that my webcam had problems with recording my feed? I remember the gray box that appeared during the test was just camera icon with grey background. I was using an external monitor and external webcam (logitech C920). Maybe I should be just using my laptop only?

"As per the requirements of the Online Citizenship Test, you are required to provide clearly visible, valid photo ID to confirm your identity at the beginning of your test. Despite having been notified of having passed the test, this mandatory requirement was not met and as a result your test results had to be invalidated. You will need to be retested and you will be receiving a new invitation, during which you must provide a valid photo ID."
It might be because PR cards are not a valid photo ID for immigration purposes? I remember when I submitted my citizenship application and they requested two photo IDs, they specified PR cards were not valid and I should use a driver license, healthcard or passport instead.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
It might be because PR cards are not a valid photo ID for immigration purposes? I remember when I submitted my citizenship application and they requested two photo IDs, they specified PR cards were not valid and I should use a driver license, healthcard or passport instead.
No that's not the case, PR cards are valid. The reason is mentioned in the letter.
Also, the grey box is supposed to be your webcam feed, so you actually see yourself in the box. That could be the reason, but the officer copied/pasted the wrong template letter..

Reactions: Acorn450

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

I used external monitor and webcam, and everything was fine. Make sure you give access to the webcam. As mentioned above, I think because you weren't showing during the test, they couldn't tell if you were the person who took the test or not. If it was a blurry ID, I think they would have asked you to send copies, and not to retake the test.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Many had problem using external webcam/monitor. If your laptop has webcam then just simply use that. Already the site itself not capturing the image very clearly hence dont put more things which would create more problems.

Next time dont use the external things and try to capture clear picture(how much ever you could) using just the laptop. We cant get a good pic with that cic site but try your best and submit. it should be fine.

thomaspv1986

Feb 28, 2017
Hi

I did my citizenship test yesterday and today I received the mail that I have to resend the ID proof within two days .but I don’t know the email I’d

can anyone Know the email I’d that we have to send to citizenship team

Regards

Thomas

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
I completed online test on 20 th January 2023. My tracker not updated with the test. Test still shows in progress. I have followed all the steps during the registration.
do anyone have similar experiences or issues like this ?Do I need to concern about anything or it’s normal?
Scarborough office
Online June 2022 applicant

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I completed online test on 20 th January 2023. My tracker not updated with the test. Test still shows in progress. I have followed all the steps during the registration.
do anyone have similar experiences or issues like this ?Do I need to concern about anything or it’s normal?
Scarborough office
Online June 2022 applicant

I think it takes 7 to 10 days for Scarbrough office to update(Just seeing old cases from Scarborough office). I won't be worried much. You should see the update in couple of day

SukhD14

Mar 18, 2022
Hi

I did my citizenship test yesterday and today I received the mail that I have to resend the ID proof within two days .but I don’t know the email I’d

can anyone Know the email I’d that we have to send to citizenship team

Regards

Thomas
Hi Thomas!

It's been some time but were you able to provide the ID to them and get your issue resolved?
How long did it take?

Thanks,
Ashish