+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Glen Erin -Mississauga- May 2012

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Hi,
dont worry, we all in same boat, only upto 11th May test takers got oath letters so,
lets wait another 3 - 4 weeks to magic to happen.

till then we can volunteer to help other citizenship applicants.
good luck. and keep checking every week :)

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
I see no updates for the Glen Erin May test takers this week.
Lets wait till Friday.
good luck everyone.
if anyone got letters please update.

tims

Jul 26, 2012
The long weekend is over, kids are back to school and summer is over (though not officially). There are so many reasons why the process should now accelerate. Let's hope for the best!

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
tims said:
The long weekend is over, kids are back to school and summer is over (though not officially). There are so many reasons why the process should now accelerate. Let's hope for the best!
+1 ^^^
GL everyone!

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
So, question to the people who have already attended the ceremony!
I'm bringing my PR card, Old passport with record of landing, drivers license, health card and SIN card along with the letter to the ceremony.
would that suffice the requirements or is there anything else needed to be brought along.

cfila

Jun 27, 2012
During the test I remember they said to bring only letter and PRs. No need for old passports again. But please confirm it.

cfila

Jun 27, 2012
It is amazing that we did not hear anything on this forum about the 07/10/11/13/14 Sept ceremonies !!!!!! People are for sure attending those scheduled events and I am wondering when they took their tests.

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
cfila said:
During the test I remember they said to bring only letter and PRs. No need for old passports again. But please confirm it.
ALL,
It was a sigh of relief at just before noon today, when i got out of the cic office with the certificate, LOL

btw, cfila, you were right, Only the letter and PRC were needed.

Thanks and GL everyone.

cfila

Jun 27, 2012
I haven't received the invitation letter yet but it was a great surprise to check it online this morning. My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 8, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 17, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on September 4, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck all and check your status!

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
HI CFILA,
congratulations on good news.
wish you good luck.

my friend also took test on 23rd may, she dint get oath letter and status dint update may be next week.

thank you for sharing information.

k84

Jul 31, 2012
congrats cfilia
my test was on 17may at glen erin but no updates yet just keeping my fingure crossed
gl everyone :)

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Congratulations cfila!!!
K84 and desibabu... you're next!
i'm sure you'll hear something next week or so.
BTW, if this helps (lol) my ecas got updated this morning saying they sent me a letter to attend the oath ceremony on September 6th, wow, kudos to our ever efficient cic, LOL! :p