+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
The test link is the same irrespective of where you are in the world AFAIK.
The test link may as you say be the same but in the new email I received there was no mention or acknowledgement of myself being outside of canada so I’ve resent them those details as per the instructions in the email.
If they’d have implicitly stated that this is your new test to complete and we understand that you’re abroad so please continue as normal then I’d have taken the test…well I can’t until Monday anyhow but hope I’m making sense.
I’m going to give them until Tuesday as they never reply quickly and then probably call them to get some clarity.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The test link may as you say be the same but in the new email I received there was no mention or acknowledgement of myself being outside of canada so I’ve resent them those details as per the instructions in the email.
If they’d have implicitly stated that this is your new test to complete and we understand that you’re abroad so please continue as normal then I’d have taken the test…well I can’t until Monday anyhow but hope I’m making sense.
I’m going to give them until Tuesday as they never reply quickly and then probably call them to get some clarity.
If they allow you to take the test, they'll ask you to use the same test link and take the test within the same window.

But you're right, you'll have to wait for their response confirming you can take the test outside before you actually take the test from outside Canada.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
If they allow you to take the test, they'll ask you to use the same test link and take the test within the same window.

But you're right, you'll have to wait for their response confirming you can take the test outside before you actually take the test from outside Canada.
Yes exactly, I don’t see it being a major issue but if they don’t reply in a few days I’ll contact them directly to try and speed them up…if that’s at all possible to even do. Thanks for your reply and hopefully I get some news but I’ll keep you posted, it’d be quite interesting to know how many others were currently abroad and were sent this option and what IRCC’s response rate was in terms of the next steps and acknowledgment.

Reactions: Orlaith

hallooo

Apr 6, 2021
Yes exactly, I don’t see it being a major issue but if they don’t reply in a few days I’ll contact them directly to try and speed them up…if that’s at all possible to even do. Thanks for your reply and hopefully I get some news but I’ll keep you posted, it’d be quite interesting to know how many others were currently abroad and were sent this option and what IRCC’s response rate was in terms of the next steps and acknowledgment.
Yes - please let us know. I have read they have rejected some people's requests in other Facebook groups. So do confirm with them. Not sure what their grant criteria entails - I assume due to flight availability and reasons?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Yes - please let us know. I have read they have rejected some people's requests in other Facebook groups. So do confirm with them. Not sure what their grant criteria entails - I assume due to flight availability and reasons?
Not sure how they can reject as they don’t ask for any reasoning in the original email.
regardless we have legitimate reasons but whether they feel they’re legitimate or not is another answer.
time will tell

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Not sure how they can reject as they don’t ask for any reasoning in the original email.
regardless we have legitimate reasons but whether they feel they’re legitimate or not is another answer.
time will tell
It might have been the initial few days during which cic might have not communicated to all offices. So now it should be fine and should be granting for all.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Link on IRCC website updated if you are outside Canada for test :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email

Reactions: destiny2016

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I am wondering if there is an inconsistency in this option at the moment. I have read posts from people who took the test abroad - and others who indicated that they were abroad and had to reschedule. I was considering asking to take the test outside of Canada since I am abroad but think it might be safer to return once I get the invitation - *if* I get the invitation - May 2020 Ottawa applicant still waiting for the test invite.:( Any advice would be most gratefully received.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
I am wondering if there is an inconsistency in this option at the moment. I have read posts from people who took the test abroad - and others who indicated that they were abroad and had to reschedule. I was considering asking to take the test outside of Canada since I am abroad but think it might be safer to return once I get the invitation - *if* I get the invitation - May 2020 Ottawa applicant still waiting for the test invite.:( Any advice would be most gratefully received.
People had to reschedule before June 19. Since then there is information in the test email itself on how to take the test from outside Canada.

Reactions: Orlaith

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Im in the same situation !! But a lot of people have done the test from abroad ! Maybe send an email asking to do the test abroad and specify that if it’s not possible you will return and do the test ?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Im in the same situation !! But a lot of people have done the test from abroad ! Maybe send an email asking to do the test abroad and specify that if it’s not possible you will return and do the test ?
I am just afraid that if I send an email II will be pushed even further down the line. I am keen to get this aspect of life over and done with so I can stop worrying!!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
People had to reschedule before June 19. Since then there is information in the test email itself on how to take the test from outside Canada.
O wow! I hope this is the case for me too. Then I can hopefully just return for the oath and take it from there - assuming I pass - assuming I get an invite to do the test.....

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013

Any update here?! Keen to hear how you got on1

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@Fae7 @hallooo @yma981 @svk1520 @karlos85 @hungkubu @alex the king @rajkamalmohanram

Hi folks, just wanted to give you all an update. I had made this initial post.

So, since I had already postponed my initial test date since I was outside Canada. At that time there was no option to take test from outside. I wrote back to immigration asking if I can have the option to take the test from outside Canada now since some newer candidates was getting that option. It took a week, but they came back that I can take the test outside. So, they scheduled a new test for me. This will be very helpful.

In the response email I got from them, they said they are updating their systems to allow tests for people from outside. So, I am guessing if you are interested, you can request them and they would allow.

Hope this was helpful. Wish other here the very best of luck.
Hi,
Did they reschedule in a reasonable time frame? I am anxious for clarity on whether or not this is an option as it could potentially save me the price of two international flights (due to my situation with having to be abroad for family reasons at the moment)>

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Any update here?! Keen to hear how you got on1
I wasn't outside Canada when I got the test invite. There were a couple of September 2020 applicants who were outside Canada and what I quoted earlier was based on their experiences. IRCC accepted their request to take the test outside (after they sent an email to IRCC), they took the test outside Canada and the test results were successfully validated.

Re-scheduling, on the other hand, might take some time AFAIK. I recall at least one applicant who was rescheduled within a couple of weeks (can't seem to find that post).