+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
So u didn’t got any response since you have emailed them that you are outside Canada. And your current invitation is expiring soon or had expired. So once we tell them that we re outside, the waiting time is again limitless.
Yes so my current window began on Monday for a period of 4 weeks and yes the sand is going through the egg timer as I await some contact from them. I’ve just sent them an email as my wife has been waiting longer than me now, I don’t mind the wait but the issue is that there is no defined period which given that we’ve responded within the time they stipulate (24/48hours) after having received the yes invite then surely someone should be monitoring that inbox and respond more quickly. But the wait time is right now….the same as how long is a piece of string….

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Yes so my current window began on Monday for a period of 4 weeks and yes the sand is going through the egg timer as I await some contact from them. I’ve just sent them an email as my wife has been waiting longer than me now, I don’t mind the wait but the issue is that there is no defined period which given that we’ve responded within the time they stipulate (24/48hours) after having received the yes invite then surely someone should be monitoring that inbox and respond more quickly. But the wait time is right now….the same as how long is a piece of string….
Keep us posted!

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
So to update you all again, having sent back my next steps email reply promptly last Thursday. I resent another query as to what was happening, again this morning I received a more bespoke email which asked if I’m outside of canada and want to do the test then I should reply.
I did that again instantly and I thought I’d hear nothing back for days….by some miracle they replied back and have said use the original link they gave me….I’ve lost 4 days roughly but still got 3 weeks left to submit it. At least finally some traction with the next steps saga but now I’m trying to get my wife’s sorted out as she’s also in the UK with me currently.
Hope that helps some folks, also I received the email whilst I was trying to call them although having say on the phone for 45 mins from 8am and never getting through was no fun but not required now as email received.

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So to update you all again, having sent back my next steps email reply promptly last Thursday. I resent another query as to what was happening, again this morning I received a more bespoke email which asked if I’m outside of canada and want to do the test then I should reply.
I did that again instantly and I thought I’d hear nothing back for days….by some miracle they replied back and have said use the original link they gave me….I’ve lost 4 days roughly but still got 3 weeks left to submit it. At least finally some traction with the next steps saga but now I’m trying to get my wife’s sorted out as she’s also in the UK with me currently.
Hope that helps some folks, also I received the email whilst I was trying to call them although having say on the phone for 45 mins from 8am and never getting through was no fun but not required now as email received.
So the test will be taken via the same link or is it a different link?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Did you contact them through webform or did you reply back to the email that was sent to you ?
Thank you

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Replied back to their email

Hello mate, im in England same as you right now. Did you tell CIC that you had left Canada?

Taking the test outside would be very beneficial for me, would also save some money as I need to be here due to Covid related issues.

Please keep us updated or DM me!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I read this thread a while back and sorry for not gong through it again but in summary, will they allow you to take the test from outside Canada?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hello mate, im in England same as you right now. Did you tell CIC that you had left Canada?

Taking the test outside would be very beneficial for me, would also save some money as I need to be here due to Covid related issues.

Just sent u a DM but likewise I’m in the same boat, need to be here right due to COVID stuff and help folks out plus mother in law not well. It never rains but it pours hey…

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I read this thread a while back and sorry for not gong through it again but in summary, will they allow you to take the test from outside Canada?
Just sent u a DM but likewise I’m in the same boat, need to be here right due to COVID stuff and help folks out plus mother in law not well. It never rains but it pours hey…
Follow the instructions on the IRCC website once you receive your test email :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
You will likely be allowed to take the test outside Canada using the same link. But be sure to send that email as per the instructions and then follow the instructions in IRCC's response to your email.

Good luck!

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Follow the instructions on the IRCC website once you receive your test email :

You will likely be allowed to take the test outside Canada using the same link. But be sure to send that email as per the instructions and then follow the instructions in IRCC's response to your email.

Good luck!
Yes that’s right and fingers crossed I pass it’s like others which then leads onto the interview lottery….do I have one or dont I and again can this be done outside of Canada….assuming it can as the test is allowed with the final hurdle of Oath Ceremony

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes that’s right and fingers crossed I pass it’s like others which then leads onto the interview lottery….do I have one or dont I and again can this be done outside of Canada….assuming it can as the test is allowed with the final hurdle of Oath Ceremony
There are no reports of IRCC allowing applicants to attend interview outside Canada so I would recommend that you assume you'll have to be in Canada for the interview. If you receive an interview request while you are outside Canada, email them and tell them you're outside Canada and ask if you can attend the interview overseas. See what they have to say and take it from there.

All the best!

Reactions: harirajmohan

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
There are no reports of IRCC allowing applicants to attend interview outside Canada so I would recommend that you assume you'll have to be in Canada for the interview. If you receive an interview request while you are outside Canada, email them and tell them you're outside Canada and ask if you can attend the interview overseas. See what they have to say and take it from there.

All the best!
Well given that interviews can take place from the day after the test to upto two months…they’d be pretty stupid to say take the test outside of canada today but your interview hypothetically scheduled for two days time needs to happen in Canada….I’m in the UK but it would be ludicrous for people currently in India so yes let’s wait and see….