+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well given that interviews can take place from the day after the test to upto two months…they’d be pretty stupid to say take the test outside of canada today but your interview hypothetically scheduled for two days time needs to happen in Canada….I’m in the UK but it would be ludicrous for people currently in India so yes let’s wait and see….
Generally, the notification on the dashboard for interview comes in a couple of weeks early with an interview date. You will then receive an interview email about a week before the interview. So, AFAIK, you'll have about a couple of weeks time from notification to the interview date.

Yes, it would be pretty stupid if they don't allow interviews from overseas but since there isn't a single confirmed report or anything on the IRCC website (at least I can't find anything on the IRCC website) that suggests applicants can attend interview from outside Canada, it is best to assume you can't do that unless someone posts a report saying they've taken interview outside Canada or IRCC updates their website or posts on Twitter that applicants can indeed take attend an interview overseas.

I know the rules don't make sense sometimes but I'm just erring on the side of caution here.

If you receive an interview request, send an email to the email ID in the interview invitation letter email and ask if you could attend the interview from overseas. Please keep us posted if IRCC responds.

Wish you all the very best!

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Generally, the notification on the dashboard for interview comes in a couple of weeks early with an interview date. You will then receive an interview email about a week before the interview. So, AFAIK, you'll have about a couple of weeks time from notification to the interview date.

Yes, it would be pretty stupid if they don't allow interviews from overseas but since there isn't a single confirmed report or anything on the IRCC website (at least I can't find anything on the IRCC website) that suggests applicants can attend interview from outside Canada, it is best to assume you can't do that unless someone posts a report saying they've taken interview outside Canada or IRCC updates their website or posts on Twitter that applicants can indeed take attend an interview overseas.

I know the rules don't make sense sometimes but I'm just erring on the side of caution here.

If you receive an interview request, send an email to the email ID in the interview invitation letter email and ask if you could attend the interview from overseas. Please keep us posted if IRCC responds.

Wish you all the very best!
Well as we know this outside of Canada test is ground breaking and also with it being relatively new, we will soon know with some of the early early Guinea pigs in respect of their path and journey.
I will keep everyone posted but yes should I get an invite without any mention of doing it outside of canada then I will be emailing them to ask.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no easy answer im afraid, is it? I told them I am outside Canada and there seemed no option to go ahead but to ask for reschedule. Only for me to learn that they started allowing people to take their tests whilst outside Canada in a matter of days of postponing mine.

Happy for those who could take this opportunity but I know that my timeline got pushed by months due to this.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
there is no easy answer im afraid, is it? I told them I am outside Canada and there seemed no option to go ahead but to ask for reschedule. Only for me to learn that they started allowing people to take their tests whilst outside Canada in a matter of days of postponing mine.

Happy for those who could take this opportunity but I know that my timeline got pushed by months due to this.
Not necessarily, email them back as that’s what I did and low and behold received a second invite with the new option on there to which I replied again.

Reactions: maniacworld

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessarily, email them back as that’s what I did and low and behold received a second invite with the new option on there to which I replied again.
did you get second invite soon? days? weeks? sorry I may have missed your answer on that part.
i emailed them back and the reply was 'we cannot provide an estimated time but will do as soon as possible'. Not too sure what to make of it.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and is the test directly linked to next steps? my BG checks show completed. rest all in progress. or can other things happen in parallel while i wait for rescheduled test dates?
how long do you reckon i sit tight and wait for their as soon as possible?
needles to mention would need bit of time to study and prep for test too.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
and is the test directly linked to next steps? my BG checks show completed. rest all in progress. or can other things happen in parallel while i wait for rescheduled test dates?
how long do you reckon i sit tight and wait for their as soon as possible?
needles to mention would need bit of time to study and prep for test too.
I sent them an email as soon as I heard about this outside of canada thing so it was approximately a period of 10 weeks in between them also saying when you’re back contact us. What have you got to lose by contacting them now? Yep you guessed it….nothing.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent them an email as soon as I heard about this outside of canada thing so it was approximately a period of 10 weeks in between them also saying when you’re back contact us. What have you got to lose by contacting them now? Yep you guessed it….nothing.
I see. I have contacted them recently as in I told them that I am in the country and I can take the test. What I was trying to understand is the timeline now and I gather it could be more than a couple of weeks for any response.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I see. I have contacted them recently as in I told them that I am in the country and I can take the test. What I was trying to understand is the timeline now and I gather it could be more than a couple of weeks for any response.
No one can give you an accurate timeline but from receiving my first invitation to telling them I can’t do it to them receiving my second invitation we are probably looking at 8-10 and then also after my second invitation to them acknowledging that I’m out of the country to giving me the green light it took 4-5 days approximately.
My wife hadn’t received an official green light after they emailed her and she replied so she’s going to take it tomorrow as it’s within her time period and if anything happens later we can explain that we mailed them on multiple occasions but with zero response and so she followed my footsteps in that I can use the original link sent as they don’t send any new link.

preet9192

May 13, 2021
Hello everyone.
Can anyone give me any idea about after how many days IRCC respond back after you emailed them that you are outside Canada after you receive test invitation. Thanks if anyone can answer.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
No one can give you an accurate timeline but from receiving my first invitation to telling them I can’t do it to them receiving my second invitation we are probably looking at 8-10 and then also after my second invitation to them acknowledging that I’m out of the country to giving me the green light it took 4-5 days approximately.
My wife hadn’t received an official green light after they emailed her and she replied so she’s going to take it tomorrow as it’s within her time period and if anything happens later we can explain that we mailed them on multiple occasions but with zero response and so she followed my footsteps in that I can use the original link sent as they don’t send any new link.
Please let us know what happens to your wife. If they mark her results as completed ? Thank you

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Please let us know what happens to your wife. If they mark her results as completed ? Thank you
I will do and she’s going to take her test today so let’s see what happens.
Hello everyone.
Can anyone give me any idea about after how many days IRCC respond back after you emailed them that you are outside Canada after you receive test invitation. Thanks if anyone can answer.
I believe I answered this above….you’re looking at many week 5-10 but there’s no definitive answer to this as we know they have a mind of their own

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi everyone just a quick update, so myself and my wife have taken the test.

I took it after my CIC had given me the green light and I had three weeks left to run on my timer, my wife didn’t receive the green light but was on the second step but her test date was going to expire tomorrow so she’s taken it and we have proof of emailing them plus all they’d have said was use the original link.

Ok so hopefully following is helpful although the steps are outlined in the email, click link provided and then you have to take a picture of your PR card….a little rocky but you have to get it within the green frame provided and your fingers can show…you have to also confirm lots of check boxes to agree with T’c and C’s. Also you will be asked to take your pic….note after checking boxes the send another link to your email and that’s your test link.
So now onto the test itself, I scored 19 out of 20 and wide scored 18 out of 20.
I must say at this point that there are some people I’ve read in the forums who say it’s easy and piece of cake, now I’m not saying it’s rocket science but certainly not as easy as some folk make out.
I wasn’t expecting true and false questions or fill in the blanks from the statement as ALL practice tests done are multiple choice and nothing else.
But having read the book once throughly and skimmed along with Toronto Library, Richmond library practice tests and also apnatoronto practice tests we felt we were well prepared and just went ahead.
She had 24 hours roughly but for instance for myself I could’ve waited another week or two but strike while the iron is hot as they say.
you can go and review your answers at the end and your score comes up instantly, with an option to email yourself the confirmation.
So one weight lifted and now hopefully no interview but hey if it happens we will deal with it as we’ve got nothing to hide.
Thanks all

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi everyone just a quick update, so myself and my wife have taken the test.

I took it after my CIC had given me the green light and I had three weeks left to run on my timer, my wife didn’t receive the green light but was on the second step but her test date was going to expire tomorrow so she’s taken it and we have proof of emailing them plus all they’d have said was use the original link.

Ok so hopefully following is helpful although the steps are outlined in the email, click link provided and then you have to take a picture of your PR card….a little rocky but you have to get it within the green frame provided and your fingers can show…you have to also confirm lots of check boxes to agree with T’c and C’s. Also you will be asked to take your pic….note after checking boxes the send another link to your email and that’s your test link.
So now onto the test itself, I scored 19 out of 20 and wide scored 18 out of 20.
I must say at this point that there are some people I’ve read in the forums who say it’s easy and piece of cake, now I’m not saying it’s rocket science but certainly not as easy as some folk make out.
I wasn’t expecting true and false questions or fill in the blanks from the statement as ALL practice tests done are multiple choice and nothing else.
But having read the book once throughly and skimmed along with Toronto Library, Richmond library practice tests and also apnatoronto practice tests we felt we were well prepared and just went ahead.
She had 24 hours roughly but for instance for myself I could’ve waited another week or two but strike while the iron is hot as they say.
you can go and review your answers at the end and your score comes up instantly, with an option to email yourself the confirmation.
So one weight lifted and now hopefully no interview but hey if it happens we will deal with it as we’ve got nothing to hide.
Thanks all
You guys did the right thing.. all the best.. i hope they start allowing interviews also from outside Canada..

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
UPDATE: So I checked my online test tracking status thing this morning and mine was showing as 'Complete.'

However my wife's was not, she then finally received an email this afternoon (UK time) stating that she should take the test....but she's already done it! God IRCC are so frustrating and clearly don't read any emails....I instructed her to email them back to let them know she's taken the test, passed it and to send a screenshot of the confirmation email.

So an hour later she receives another email to take the test and it's addressed to a completely different name.....you really couldn't make this stuff up! They then send her another email after she says who's this....and state 'ignore previous email'......my god what a pollavah!

Anyway so right now, one complete, hoping my wife's is also going to be acknowledged and shown and complete, I know IRCC deal with so many people but the whole process just seems so hap hazard but I guess that's government run departments for you, no matter where you are in the world.