citizenship test difficulty level

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
Personal opinion: Don't try to reschedule because you think you might fail the test.

Suggestion: Start studying now, read the book and maybe keep doing the online tests once a week to keep what you learned fresh in your memory. Then once you receive test invite you are already somewhat prepared and can study a little more. With this strategy you should be fine with even just one week notice for test.
Well the issue I have with that is i may get invite 9 months from now or even later, nobody really knows. It will be hard reading that book over and over again for months.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
Well the issue I have with that is i may get invite 9 months from now or even later, nobody really knows. It will be hard reading that book over and over again for months.
The way things are going the test invites don't take too long from time of application sent. Anyways I am sure you will find what works for you and all the best for your application!

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
Read the book once now - it's short, you can do it in less than an hour - than take some quizzes, so you'll get the idea of what's asked. Once your invite arrives, do it again. Should be enough and won't take much of your time.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
Do not try to reschedule, just read the book twice and practice some online tests, and you will be fine. The test is easy no surprises.
Good Luck.
I agree with Oct2016......don't reschedule...if your only reason is you're not ready.....,read Discover Canada now,do some online practice test...while waiting for invite,read the book at least once a week....then when you receive your test invite,read the book again. You'll be surprised how easy the test is and how much info you'll retain.
Best of luck.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Just be aware that most of those on-line tests are scams. They throw at you ridiciously complicated questions, obscure topics, or offer you almost identical answers. Their main goal is to convince you that your knowledge is not adequate, and to lure you into spending money to buy useless "preparation material".

Study "Discover Canada", use your common reasoning, and that's it.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sistemc said:
Just be aware that most of those on-line tests are scams. They throw at you ridiciously complicated questions, obscure topics, or offer you almost identical answers. Their main goal is to convince you that your knowledge is not adequate, and to lure you into spending money to buy useless "preparation material".

The official quiz, on the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/ - has questions fairly similar to the one on the actual test. The official book and this online quiz are enough. Some other online quizzes are quite good - such as Citizenship Count http://citizenshipcounts.ca, which is made by the Richmond Public Library and don't try to artificially complicate or sell you unofficial material or course.

But, if an online quiz tries to sell you anything, as systemic said, get out. You definitely don't need to buy anything to pass.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sistemc said:

I didn't buy anything,I did the FREE online practice test at least once a day.....I've meticulously read the Discover Canada book, bearing in mind,I have a full time and a part time job....working at least 60 hrs a week,raising 2 kids and running a household........ With all these I Passed the test 20/20 :D :D
If you put your mind into passing the test.... you'll achieve it. :D :D Goodluck!

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017

Panda12

Dec 5, 2016
I recommend reading Discover Canada at least once and listening to the audio book whenever you can (cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/audio/discover/index.asp) while commuting to/from work, doing chores, etc. Practice tests online and downloadable apps also help. And don't forget to research names of people in the government (see pages 34-35 of Discover Canada). Take note of subtle differences in wordings such as Head of State (the Queen) vs Head of Government (Prime Minister); national anthem (O Canada) vs royal anthem (God Save the Queen).

The test is not difficult if you give yourself at least a week to prepare. I have a full time job and do chores at night, wrote the test in less than 4mins and scored 20/20.

Good luck! :)

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I learned the discover Canada for more than 5 hours.
I tried http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/

very bad.
I think some of the questions are not from the book.
for example.
The cornerstone of Centre Block in the Parliament Buildings was laid by Prince ______ in 1860; the son of Queen Victoria.
Who was the first woman to serve as governor general of Canada?
The first flight in Canada took place on February 23, 1909, when J.A.D. McCurdy flew the Silver Dart over which location?
When did Queen Elizabeth II and United States President Eisenhower open the St. Lawrence Seaway?
Canada has what percentage of the world's forests

Can you guys find answers from discover canada?

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
willzou said:

very bad.
for example.
The cornerstone of Centre Block in the Parliament Buildings was laid by Prince ______ in 1860; the son of Queen Victoria.
The first flight in Canada took place on February 23, 1909, when J.A.D. McCurdy flew the Silver Dart over which location?
When did Queen Elizabeth II and United States President Eisenhower open the St. Lawrence Seaway?

These questions are not from the book and will not come in the test.

I did not like the cic game questions because they were asking lots of questions about Canada that are not part of the book.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I even go a step further..if you lived in Canada for 4 years before applying for citizenship, you should have acquired sufficient knowledge about the country you live in. These questions are simple and can be answered with little difficulty. All it takes is integration and some interest.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
willzou said:

very bad.
for example.

The citizenship test questions are nothing like these questions, the actual test is easy, just read the book!

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016