Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I found the actual test to be a bit easier than the practice tests I took.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did the test today and it really is not that difficult. Now I did not even read the book and just did the online practice tests (I do not condone this and really encourage people to read the book) and got 20/20 in 3 minutes. The Citizenshipcounts.ca website is an accurate portrayal of the type of questions that are in the test. Do not delay the test because you think you may not be ready it is straight forward and I found that the questions sometimes use bold letters to highlight the part of the question that needs paying attention to. Ie Royal Anthem as opposed to National anthem etc.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have started reading the discover canada book. In the meanwhile, i have found this website to be very useful - http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/
There is a $29 cost to it. If any one recommends it, i don't mind paying for it. I am getting a little nervous, as I am not a good test taker and have difficulty remembering names and dates of people.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
I have started reading the discover canada book. In the meanwhile, i have found this website to be very useful - http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/
There is a $29 cost to it. If any one recommends it, i don't mind paying for it. I am getting a little nervous, as I am not a good test taker and have difficulty remembering names and dates of people.
I tell you now that the Citizenshipcounts website is free and have more or less exactly the same questions that will come up in the test. I checked the website you sent and can't believe they are charging 29$ for something you can get for free under the link I mentioned. I did a mock test on that and some of the questions are nothing like you will get in the test. They've added some really difficult examples to make you think that you need help and end up paying. Do all the questions on Citizenshipcounts and you will have a great knowledge to work from. Also you will notice that Citizenshipcounts is sponsored by CIC themselves.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueboy1980 said:
I tell you now that the Citizenshipcounts website is free and have more or less exactly the same questions that will come up in the test. I checked the website you sent and can't believe they are charging 29$ for something you can get for free under the link I mentioned. I did a mock test on that and some of the questions are nothing like you will get in the test. They've added some really difficult examples to make you think that you need help and end up paying. Do all the questions on Citizenshipcounts and you will have a great knowledge to work from. Also you will notice that Citizenshipcounts is sponsored by CIC themselves.
so if i read the book and ace the citizenshipcounts questions, you think that would be more than enough for the actual test ?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
dell said:
I used that site and it was helpful for me. What I liked the best was they had a good mobile version of the site so I was able to easily take practice tests on my phone during any spare time (waiting for the tram, lunch break, on the toilet, etc).

Mkaiser

Dec 20, 2016
Hi
can someone share what kind of questions are in the test .. ? because online a found realy diffcult questions

thanks

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mkaiser said:
Hi
can someone share what kind of questions are in the test .. ? because online a found realy diffcult questions

thanks
In my experience they are pretty much like the ones you find here.

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

To prepare, I read the Citizenship guide three times and did those tests for 25 mins or so. I think the actual test experience reflected that. Most questions have two options that are complete nonsense and are easy to discard.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
so if i read the book and ace the citizenshipcounts questions, you think that would be more than enough for the actual test ?
Yes. If you can do the questions on citizenshipcounts.ca and http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ you will have no problem with the test.

I tried the sample questions on citizenshipsupport which wants to charge $29 and the questions are misleading and nothing like the ones you will get in the test. I cant believe they charge and will end up making things more difficult.

Read the book, don't stress too much over the details in the book. Keep doing the questions on citizenshipcounts.ca and http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship. If you get to the point where youre getting all the questions on those site right then you will ace the test. To be completely honest I didnt even read the book and only did the questions on those two sites over and over until I got them all right. I ended up getting 20/20 on the test in 4 minutes. Read the book to get a good background understanding.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Mkaiser said:
Hi

thanks
there is plenty of information already in this thread. Just make the effort to read a bit..

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueboy1980 said:
Yes. If you can do the questions on citizenshipcounts.ca and http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ you will have no problem with the test.

I tried the sample questions on citizenshipsupport which wants to charge $29 and the questions are misleading and nothing like the ones you will get in the test. I cant believe they charge and will end up making things more difficult.

Read the book, don't stress too much over the details in the book. Keep doing the questions on citizenshipcounts.ca and http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship. If you get to the point where youre getting all the questions on those site right then you will ace the test. To be completely honest I didnt even read the book and only did the questions on those two sites over and over until I got them all right. I ended up getting 20/20 on the test in 4 minutes. Read the book to get a good background understanding.
thanks blueboy1980. please tell me how many hours per day did you study and total duration ( like one week or three weeks ) ?

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did the questions on the websites until I got all 130 right. Took me 3 days studying an hour a day. However everyone's different so don't go by how long everyone else studied for

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
I studied for about 20 hours over a month.
Read the booklet "Discover Canada" thrice and took about 30 online tests. It is better to be a bit over prepared than to be under prepared....

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree every one is different. Some have better memory than others. I am just sampling every one around here. I have already spend 5 hours reading the book and have barely finished half of it.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
I agree every one is different. Some have better memory than others. I am just sampling every one around here. I have already spend 5 hours reading the book and have barely finished half of it.
To be honest do more of the questions in the two websites I mentioned earlier in this thread. I only read the book quickly to get some background info.