+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test - blurry photo ID

John_S

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Hi - I finished my Citizenship test 4 weeks back, once I completed the test, I got an email from the citizenship team that my photo ID was blurry and they asked me to email the scan copy of the ID and I did it on the same day.

But tracker still shows "In Progress".

Anyone has similar experience?

au_09

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Hi - I finished my Citizenship test 4 weeks back, once I completed the test, I got an email from the citizenship team that my photo ID was blurry and they asked me to email the scan copy of the ID and I did it on the same day.

how blurry was it when you took the picture?
I did not experience the same, but I am worried I will

Vhie88

Nov 9, 2021

alaapshah347

Oct 13, 2015
Hi - I finished my Citizenship test 2 weeks back, once I completed the test, I got an email from the citizenship team that my photo ID was blurry and they asked me to send below :

• a clear and visible picture of you holding your personal identification used at time of test (please show your full face in the picture)

Question:

- am I sending the new picture of my ID ( i used DL at the time of exam as my ID) holding in my hand and showing my face too ?
- or i am scanning my ID and send it back to them ?

Emil Marken

Apr 13, 2022
We have same experience, a week after my test I received email regarding my photo ID blurry they asked me to email and scan and same day I did response, then after 3 days my test update “completed “
Hi Vhie! How did you find out about the status of your rescanned Photo ID? Did you log in to Canada Immigration website?

I also was asked to rescan my Photo PR ID because it was blurry. I did that the very same day I received their email. I emailed them back using the email they sent me about the blurry pic. I attached the PR card front and back photos but up to now IRCC hasn't replied yet nor acknowledged that they have received it.

How long did it take from the completion of your exam to oathtaking?

I hope you'll be able to reply.

Vhie88

Nov 9, 2021
I log in my Citizenship application tracker.

Here’s application :
May 2020 Applicant here from Saskatchewan
Online test taken Oct 28 2021
Test completed Nov 10 2021
Decision made Jan 13 2022
Oath letter received Jan 19 2022
Oath Ceremony Scheduled Jan 26 2022

Don’t think too much it will come!

fdp19

Jun 7, 2022

Any updates? Did your application update eventually? My husband and I applied together and both had to re-send scanned copies of our Photo IDs. His application has updated completed, only Citizenship Oath is 'Not Started'. Mine is still 'in Progress' for everything! When did yours update? How long did it take?

thomaspv1986

Feb 28, 2017

Hi

I received the same mail
but I don’t have no idea to which Email I have to send the ID proof

Can u please forward the email address of the citizenship team so that I have to send them as soon as possible

Thanks

Thomas

thomaspv1986

Feb 28, 2017
Hi

I did my citizenship test yesterday and today I received the mail that I have to resend the ID proof within two days .but I don’t know the email I’d

can anyone Know the email I’d that we have to send to citizenship team

Regards

Thomas

Neelam.Nawaz

Jul 18, 2023
I have passed my citizenship test on june 12, 2023. After one week I got an email my picture was blurry. They asked me to send picture again. I sent them clear id picture on the required email address. Even after one month has been passed, still tracker show Work in Progress. I am worry. Anyone with similar experience please share.