+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test after one year working abroad

ttkh

Oct 27, 2009
Hello,

I have been working in the US for nearly a year and I sent my application in July last year. Recently, I receive notifications for showing for the citizenship test in Dec. I am kinda worried about getting a RQ at the test since people here say you might get it if you leave the country after the application. What could trigger the RQ at the test ?

ttkh

Oct 27, 2009
I am on J1 visa with two years rule and three year contract for my current job. I plan to come back to Canada for jobs after my contract here.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ttkh said:
Hello,

I have been working in the US for nearly a year and I sent my application in July last year. Recently, I receive notifications for showing for the citizenship test in Dec. I am kinda worried about getting a RQ at the test since people here say you might get it if you leave the country after the application. What could trigger the RQ at the test ?
Hi ttkh, Good luck with the test. Can you please update us after you take the test. I am abroad too and would appreciate the insight! by the way you are two months ahead of me and you got your test first :) Congrats!